Live from the Pride!

Eli_6

14 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

We didn't even get to eat lunch.  Actually tried to and had to leave because restaurant was taking so long and got cursed at in Spanish. 

You have to remember the Spaniards value leisurely mealtimes so if you're in a rush you must do fast-food in Spain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You have to remember the Spaniards value leisurely mealtimes so if you're in a rush you must do fast-food in Spain. 

I know,  but there was no fast food where we were at and we had an hour but after 30 minutes they had not even taken our order. I am quite sure they knew that, too,  as I know enough Spanish to know they basically didn't want to serve Americans.  4 other tables were helped before us.  

Most other people on our bus also were not able to eat.  People were passing around food from a convenience store on the way back.

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I think having young kids influences the focus of whatever kind of touring one does. 

100 percent. 

Even more so, he was on a different excursion.  Or, at least, in a different group and on a different bus that left earlier. 

The tapas bwere and restaurants were very busy by the time we got there.  Most didn't have tables or a place to sit for a family of 4.  

I think his bus got their before ours even though both buses left (at the end of the day) at the same time. There was some delay in our group/bus leaving the port at the start of the day.   I don't know why.  We sat on the bus a long time before we left.  Maybe someone in our group was late and we waited on them. Not sure.  I know on the way back the general consensus on our bus was that we didn't have enough time to do much of anything.   I wasn't the only one saying this.  The restaurants were all already open by the time we got there and super crowded.  You weren't able to get in unless you had an existing reservation...and if you had made a reservation, I have no idea how you would have known when to make it for ahead of time because if you had made it for 1.5 hours or even 2 hours after our "departure" time, you would have missed the reservation if you were in our group by the time we got there, we had to wait around for everyone to unload and use the bathroom (that took 15 minutes of our 3 hours time alone) and have our guide show us where to meet and then walk 20 minutes to the Old Town area.  You could not just take off after you got off the bus either because our guide (again not TxTeach79's guide) didn't tell us where to depart until we had all disembarked, used the bathroom (very long line) in the bus station, gone up stairs and gathered at a bridge.  

If we had been dropped off in the old town, that alone would have saved us 30 to 45 minutes.

If we had simply had more time,  it would have been a different experience.  If we could have been there when things opened...instead we arrived 30 minutes later and had a long walk. And there was no reason for it because the boat docked 2 plus hours before we left. 

• Like 9

Nono's meatball and fried rice/cheese ball thing. Can't recall name of rice ball. Both were in mdr and very good!

My husband and I were saying we think the food on this cruise is the best we have had on Carnival in a long time...maybe since pre-Covid.  Staff is amazing,  too.  Everyone seems to be gettingthe swing of things.

20230604_182605.jpg

20230604_182630.jpg

• Like 9

I wish I could post this bagpiper playing from yesterday.  Interesting to find out the Galician culture is rooted in the Celtic culture and their "state" or "regional" (for lack of a better word) instrument is the bagpipe.  

• Like 5

The days are running together on me.  3 days ago in Vigo we went to "Galician Historical Gardens" and it was AWESOME!!!  Highly recommend.   5 stars.  Toured gardens and had tasting and yummy food and toured a cool castle.  

Next day we went to "Galician Special" in A Coruna and the Santiago part was AMAZING but the garden/pazo part was just ok.   I think I would probably have been more impressed had I not been to the more impressive gardens just the day before or if I had not previously been to some insanely gorgeous gardens in other countries.  

• Like 5

TV is better this year than last year on the pride...but still no T C M. But we are getting more channels than we did last year. Maybe because we are not in the North Sea for this cruise...

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

TV is better this year than last year on the pride...but still no T C M. But we are getting more channels than we did last year. Maybe because we are not in the North Sea for this cruise...

Did they actually upgrade the TVs or are they the same smaller flat screens from last year? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I think having young kids influences the focus of whatever kind of touring one does. 

agree. I’m in awe of @Eli_6 managing a trip of this magnitude with her kiddos. That’s next level parenting 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Did they actually upgrade the TVs or are they the same smaller flat screens from last year? 

not to speak for Eli, but in my room anyway it’s the same tiny Samsung with no interactive menu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1