Drinks in UK ports

clojacks

We are booked on both a Princess and NCL cruise in the next couple of years that visit UK ports. On the NCL board, there is lots of discussion about not being able to get drinks on board while in UK ports. Has anyone read or heard anything about this from the Princess boards? some have said it is an NCL rule, others have said UK rule.

Edited by clojacks

8 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

It’s only been NCL. Princess customers reported they were able to get alcohol in UK ports during the same time period.,

Thats a relief!! 🍺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I’ve read elsewhere on CC that it’s something to do with having to pay for an alcohol licence in some countries/ regions and that NCL don’t pay it so can’t sell alcohol. I have Absolutely No Evidence and can’t remember where I read it, so am now backing away quietly before I’m shouted down. 

This is just an NCL issue.  They're also having trouble with last minute changes to itinerary.  

On my cruise, NCL cancelled the port of the Dominican Republic, and the morning of another port for environmental reasons after final payment.  They continued to advertise the original itinerary for another month, and didn't let anyone switch or cancel (even people who booked directly with them after the change was made and weren't told by the NCL phone reps before booking their cruise the listed itinerary was wrong).  

14 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

It's just NCL being NCL. They didn't pay the duty. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap.

The same thing happened to us about a year ago in Athens, Greece.  They claimed it was due to a Greek law...but didn't clarify that if you don't pay the fee it's against the law!!

• Like 1