BTimmer's Almost Live First Princess Cruise (6/1-13/23) on the Regal Princess

Btimmer

Anyone interested ‘Solent ships’ account on YouTube are showing the sail away from Ocean Terminal live any minute now……

Ocean Terminal is brilliantly organised and we’ve checked in amazingly quick too. I’m glad you have had the same experience.

Off to watch all the wavers on Solent ships 👋 

4 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

Anyone interested ‘Solent ships’ account on YouTube are showing the sail away from Ocean Terminal live any minute now……

Ocean Terminal is brilliantly organised and we’ve checked in amazingly quick too. I’m glad you have had the same experience.

Ps.  it’s the live stream I’m watching. Also has commentary

34 minutes ago, JG&Lcruisingnewbies said:

I’ve been watching. So exciting for you all on board

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gah_cruise said:

"Our inside stateroom is nice although there are no USB or 110v connections bedside"

Not sure...but have you checked the base of the bedside lights for a USB?
They are there on Enchanted and Sky

There are none in our inside cabin.  Fortunately I have an extension cord.

Edited by Btimmer

4 hours ago, Btimmer said:

The evening entertainment options look amazing as well as the buffet meal themes.

IMG_3387.thumb.jpeg.73d73022ab42ffca600df024ba4675d2.jpeg

IMG_3388.thumb.jpeg.8dd713a53e9f1c59e87c33580ed1b0f9.jpeg

IMG_3389.thumb.jpeg.9d34f2882f852db68c5a162c07d09902.jpeg

IMG_3390.thumb.jpeg.ca6783b0d5883961434e280ac7074942.jpeg

You mentioned buffet meal themes, do they post the themes somewhere?

6 minutes ago, memoak said:

You have some major cruise bloggers on your cruise. Tony from La Lido Loca and Don Terris 

I've met both and had extensive chats with them.  There's also Paradjay (sp)

2 hours ago, kttraveler said:

I bring an adaptor and use the international plug behind the bed along with a strip that has both usb and regular plug outlets.

We do much the same, but this ship only has 110 & European 220 outlets at the desk. Nothing at the bed.

Just now, Btimmer said:

We do much the same, but this ship only has 110 & European 220 outlets at the desk. Nothing at the bed.

If you pull the bed away from the wall there is usually an outlet back there. As long as you don't need don't worry about it but i prefer to plug things in beside the bed.

2 minutes ago, Fortunate 2 travel said:

Is there Starlink on the Regal yet?

Medallion-net which supposedly uses low earth orbits with 20 satellites for latitudes up to about the latitude of Vancouver, BC.  Then high earth orbits for locations farther north.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kttraveler said:

If you pull the bed away from the wall there is usually an outlet back there. As long as you don't need don't worry about it but i prefer to plug things in beside the bed.

Thanks, I'll check that out.

22 minutes ago, kttraveler said:

Yes, the lamp outlet is there but not really useable as we like having a bed light.

3 hours ago, Btimmer said:

Medallion-net which supposedly uses low earth orbits with 20 satellites for latitudes up to about the latitude of Vancouver, BC.  Then high earth orbits for locations farther north.

Can you actually go to Fast.com and see what it says? It’s “branded” Medallion-Net..but it’s actually StarLink providing you with the bandwidth (it’ll show that as the provider on any speed test website)

9 hours ago, Btimmer said:

The buffet was truly amazing with its size and variety of food options.  But I was bummed out that everyone touches the serving utensils.

We've been waiting for over an hour for help with a lockout problem with our safe.  Also my second medallion device was not recognized at the muster station. But it did 

The evening entertainment options look amazing as well as the buffet meal themes.

Our inside stateroom is nice although there are no USB or 110v connections bedside.  The only 110 or 220 volt connections are at the desk at the foot of the bed.

I'll post more as I experience it in this 'almost live'

How are you finding the size of your stateroom compared to the HAL insides you are used to? We’d like to try an inside, but I’m worried Princess ones may be too small.

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

How are you finding the size of your stateroom compared to the HAL insides you are used to? We’d like to try an inside, but I’m worried Princess ones may be too small.

The stateroom is totally comparable size wise with an older HAL ship if not a tad bit larger.  Unfortunately the Pinnacle Class HAL ship inside cabins are really dinky!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Can you actually go to Fast.com and see what it says? It’s “branded” Medallion-Net..but it’s actually StarLink providing you with the bandwidth (it’ll show that as the provider on any speed test website)

Thanks.  Fast.com didn't provide the provider information, but Quora's Speedtest did confirm that it is in fact Starlink.  The bandwidth is incredibly low at around 3mpbs for downloads and under 1 for uploads.  But it's handling my needs. I will chat with the YT vloggers to get their observations.

• Like 1

Our port call into Guernsey was just cancelled due to high winds. 30 gusting to 45.  Bummer!  I was wondering why at 7am we were still moving.

Per the Captain, they couldn't even load the pilot.

Edited by Btimmer
  • Like 1