Smoke from Connoisseur's Corner?

Bowler Lady

We booked room 6080 on Silver Nova and then saw it is above Connoisseur's Corner. It says you can smoke outside the Panorama Lounge in seating area.

Does anyone have experience if that smoke will rise to the port balconies on Deck 6??

1 hour ago, Bowler Lady said:

We booked room 6080 on Silver Nova and then saw it is above Connoisseur's Corner. It says you can smoke outside the Panorama Lounge in seating area.

Does anyone have experience if that smoke will rise to the port balconies on Deck 6??

Hi, nobody can give you an answer on this yet. The ship hasn't sailed so I would ask about it later in the year. She won't be in service till later this summer.

• Like 2

Since no other Silversea ship has cabins close to the Connoisseurs hard to say.  However, it would seem to me barring some strange vortex effect the smoke from the outside smoking areas would be blown to the stern not up while underway.  Not sure about when docked or at anchor.   If really a concern maybe moving as suggested would be a good choice.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

Since no other Silversea ship has cabins close to the Connoisseurs hard to say.  However, it would seem to me barring some strange vortex effect the smoke from the outside smoking areas would be blown to the stern not up while underway.

As folks who have tried to use the Cloud's or Wind's tiny workout room will tell you, the ventilation system can be the culprit in bringing smoke into the ship from the outside, not just location to the Connoisseur room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

Since no other Silversea ship has cabins close to the Connoisseurs hard to say.  However, it would seem to me barring some strange vortex effect the smoke from the outside smoking areas would be blown to the stern not up while underway.  Not sure about when docked or at anchor.   If really a concern maybe moving as suggested would be a good choice.  

Thank you! That is what my DH had thought also. That underway it would blow to stern. I am going to hope that in port we will actually be away seeing the sights and not on the balcony as much anyways. As the rooms left in Classic Veranda are not many left and on starboard not the port (land side), DH just wants to stay where we are..

1 hour ago, Stumblefoot said:

As folks who have tried to use the Cloud's or Wind's tiny workout room will tell you, the ventilation system can be the culprit in bringing smoke into the ship from the outside, not just location to the Connoisseur room.

True but the Cloud or Wind aren’t exactly the newest ships with the best ventilation and are certainly not the Nova.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the Dawn's maiden voyage last April for 18 days working out in the Fitness facility from 0545am throught the day, you would smell second hand cigarette smoke throughout the indoor facility (the fitness instructor suffered the most as she had to work in this space for her shift).  As Stumblefoot/Brian says it could have been the ventilation system.  And/or the smoke could have wafted up from the crew outdoor smoking space a couple of decks below.  Regardless, working out with the smell of second hand smoke was not a good experience.  

Edited by WesW
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, Bowler Lady said:

Anyone have sailed on the Nova and had a cabin in this area that has any info/feedback yet??

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, Bowler Lady said:

I am kicking this up again. As people have sailed on Nova now and can answer my question. 

I am afraid of not being able to enjoy the balcony on port days due to smoke!

Hi, I met a couple who booked that new suite (Otium) and the smoke is an issue. So much so, they haven't been able to use their balcony for much of their cruise and they have been on board for the last 22+ days.

They also said sound from Fhe Panorama can be annoying at night.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I met a couple who booked that new suite (Otium) and the smoke is an issue. So much so, they haven't been able to use their balcony for much of their cruise and they have been on board for the last 22+ days.

They also said sound from Fhe Panorama can be annoying at night.

Thanks so much for letting me know. I am sorry that is happened to them. I know I would be upset to spend so much $$ on a suite and can't utilize it. 

Our Cabin is on the side so hoping it is not so bad as that.. Well see if my DH wants to change rooms..

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ShaShlv said:

I’ll be sailing in the same room soon, and was wondering if you thought the smoke was an issue? 

I haven't sailed on her yet. Can you please give me an update on your cruise and cabin review

Thank you, Carol

• Like 1