Botany Bay Cruise Terminal canned.

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Naaah .... a cruise terminal with a public ferry wharf a short walk away, they would never allow it. 😂 Perhaps one of the museum buildings would double as an embark hall.

Look at white bay,it had a ferry . As inconvenient as it was , people  miss it .

Someone here suggested middle head ,I thought it a brilliant idea .

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Look at white bay,it had a ferry . As inconvenient as it was , people  miss it .

White Bay has never had a Sydney Ferries Wharf. It would have been a lot less inconvenient if paying by Opal on a public timetable.

Probably moot anyway, as Sydney Ferries no longer stop at Garden Island wharf either since the Naval Heritage centre closed. It really was an underrated attraction, and I don't know if there are plans to reopen it or turn it into a cruise terminal.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Middle Harbour……….your  Speculation of the Seas would be the first ship to berth there.

Edited by gbenjo

5 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Middle Harbour……….your  Speculation of the Seas would be the first ship to berth there.

There’s not many other places.

Port Botany has been ruled out as it would be to disruptive to the N.S.W supply chain.

1 hour ago, gbenjo said:

That would be even worse to get to than White Bay and much more expensive if going by taxi or Uber.

22 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Unfortunately perfect has left the building and all that's left are varieties of imperfect.

But it's obvious what the perfect solution is ... just kick the navy out of Garden Island! 🤣

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But it's obvious what the perfect solution is ... just kick the navy out of Garden Island! 🤣

Wouldn't it be possible for the two things to co-exist?  Surely they could build a big security fence around part of the port facilities on the eastern side, and along a new entrance/exit road, plus around a pathway to the existing ferry terminal.  How much of the whole site does the Navy actually use daily?  In terms of investing money in the infrastructure, wouldn't it have have good economic benefits if more cruise ship passengers could visit?

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone has seen the new fish market. Its reclaimed land in black wattle bay . Pretty good how the state government has made land and will sell or develop the old fish market. I think it’s going to be high rise.

They could do the same on the eastern side of Garden island as I think most of Garden Island is controlled by the commonwealth.

I think we have been down this road a couple of times before. The only way that they will put a cruise terminal anywhere on Garden Island is if the Navy wants to give it away. The Navy doesn't want to give it away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

The Navy doesn't want to give it away.

I think it's time to face facts.

Botany Bay is out, Garden Island is out, that leaves sweet nothing as a site for another cruise terminal in Sydney Harbour.

Unless the RAN can be persuaded to give up HMAS Penguin and the North Shore nimbys all stay at home. Which is not happening.

Cruise lines will just have to get creative about sharing the OPT over the cruise season.

• Like 1