Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

29 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You’re in such a hurry to break news on my thread that you typed erformi6on…whatever that is. I posted a video of the announcement.

Live reviews should be a no buttinsky zone:

No photo description available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

Intrepid posted on Greg's review to reach a larger audience 🙂 

Actually I just didn't realize I defaulted to St. Greg's thread when the announcement woke me up.  Then I realized it when I scrolled and posted it to mine too.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

On 5/31/2023 at 2:28 PM, Saint Greg said:

No. Most of the people I’ve encountered in the service industry speak English better than people back home. I don’t want to insult them with my beginner Spanish. But the place I at lunch at today…nobody spoke English so it was very helpful there.

I have just found this blog and am enjoying catching up.  During your travels in Barcelona I wanted to add one recommendation that is again relevant here.  IF there is ONE phrase in 
Spanish that would be good to learn is "Take Us to the Port as Fast as Possible, Please".  Wife and I did take that second leg of the HOHO Turistic bus tour and were caught in late afternoon traffic jam.  Missed the shuttle to the ship along with about a dozen other people.  Everyone rushed off the HOHO at the termination and jumped into waiting cabs leaving us to get the last cab alone........................."Take us to the Porto.....adding an O to English words is just NOT the way to go BTW.......... but pointing to the 10 cabs in front of us worked and got us to the port just in time!!  Seeing that empty room in the port building in one of the pictures brought back old, frantic memories.

• Like 8

On 6/1/2023 at 12:20 AM, Saint Greg said:

Carnival cruisers already making changes

IMG_4206.jpeg

Maybe they meant to mark out that Costa logo and replace it w/Carnival funnel. Could be cause of any slow crew responses - they gotta go find the Costa crew and bring them back on board.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:36 AM, Saint Greg said:

To make things more interesting. There’s a road that goes through the runway. And there’s a stoplight whenever the planes are taking off/landing.

IMG_4516.jpeg

Bet you only run that light once...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Actually I just didn't realize I defaulted to St. Greg's thread when the announcement woke me up.  Then I realized it when I scrolled and posted it to mine too.

I have to close out other CC windows when I’m done with them because in 2019 on magic i took some random cc thread and made it my live for a few minutes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

we got off on deck 1 today.

IMG_4766.thumb.jpeg.9ec4bc7d228013f22299d39e3b2883f0.jpeg

Watch the steps. They look rampish when you’re going down but they aren’t.

IMG_4767.thumb.jpeg.a618f2f4a8bde6e6373c10b89cc3bc99.jpeg

That’s the ramp for those who need it. Also how well get back on at around or after 5pm

IMG_4768.jpeg

• Like 13

After yesterday I was concerned about getting to do everything I want to do here in less time than we had yesterday. I thought maybe hop on hop off would be a good way to go. If I could go back I might do it differently.

This gray line hop on hop off is telling people the next bus is in 30 mins and they aren’t sure if they have room to sell anymore tickets. I’m not waiting on that.

IMG_4774.jpeg

IMG_4776.jpeg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And now that I look at it knowing what I know. This may be mutiple hoho companies at the desk. Yellow line on the left and gray line on the right for sure.

IMG_4775.thumb.jpeg.8a00fc755d8270a00e59c150d9e12d0c.jpeg

DId take a tittle bit to figure out hoho, was thinking a childhood treat…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I stepped outside. Gray line pulls away well the city one pulls Up which is the company I’ve used in other cities. They’re selling tickets 27 euros…so I hop on. Oh there’s a red line and a blue line you get with this ticket. Red line is most popular and just left. 20mins for the next one. I’m just hopping on this blue line and I’ll pick up red where they meet.

IMG_4777.thumb.jpeg.d56cda98bdf69a3c09347c63f23b8694.jpeg

IMG_4778.thumb.jpeg.42e9f58dbb00fe568b3eaa3fbc46a9b8.jpeg

I like the map on this one when folded it’s the size of my phone. Normal they’re much bigger and more difficult to deal with.

IMG_4781.thumb.jpeg.69f5bcf2cce23ee41fc6e73458f920a4.jpeg

IMG_4779.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 13