Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

44 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Okay so I can pay the $6 and order 6 hamburgers? If so…it’s a seating charge. If it’s $6 per burger it’s a food charge.

I believe you understand the conundrum…and no, if you get 6 you pay the “seating” charge for 6 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

One lady came up and asked what was going on. The lady next to me said “they’re going to dance.” Then I explained the fund raising and the prices and the auctions. Then that other lady said “and then they’re going to do line dances.”

Where is he heck are they going to do line dances? The deck is filled with Loungers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Back then they gave drunken people guns to shoot skeet, had pillow fights on a slippery round pole with paper thin mats on the deck, hit golf balls off the fantail, but watch out for that slice or ricochet off the railings. Beer drinking contests. Male nightgown contests that would make quest look like PG. Good, clean,  wholesome,  fun!!!  😁

On my first cruise in 1991 on Jubilee, I participated in the pie eating contest, which was right after the beer drining contest. I was 11 years old, and I remember that the recepticale that they used for the beer drinking came up past my shoulder.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

So I got this under the door.

IMG_7663.thumb.jpeg.34c8e3715ee4618ad5b016594c5a60fd.jpeg

on all of my canada cruises i always had to fill out the form. it would be nice if they was a digital version of those..like do it from the a website or something like that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

A quick search found one of mine from 2005, but my first Transatlantic was in 1974.

I've been watching your site for many years. You do have an impressive cruise history, I'll give you that. 😎

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on all of my canada cruises i always had to fill out the form. it would be nice if they was a digital version of those..like do it from the a website or something like that.

I guess I probably had to do it last year for Victoria. I mostly remember having to do the ArriveCan thing online and getting QR code we had to show to board splendor. That was a Covid thing I don’t think they’re doing anymore.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

So I got this under the door.

IMG_7663.thumb.jpeg.34c8e3715ee4618ad5b016594c5a60fd.jpeg

Greg,  on my last Canada cruise on the Legend last September, they had us fill out the form then drop it off in a box by Guest Services. What procedure are they having you do? 😎

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Greg,  on my last Canada cruise on the Legend last September, they had us fill out the form then drop it off in a box by Guest Services. What procedure are they having you do? 😎

I’m not sure. They just slipped it under my door. I almost think I remember steward collecting them last year. Unless that was for Bermuda….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m not sure. They just slipped it under my door. I almost think I remember steward collecting them last year. Unless that was for Bermuda….

In any event,  it didn't impact us or delay us from getting off the ship in Canada. 😎

• Like 2

on my previous canada cruises, the room steward collects it or you can bring it to the drop off box by guest services.

its just a formality thing that needs to be done. it does not effect getting off the ship when the ship arrives

Edited by shof515
  • Like 3