Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

46 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

When you cruising again?

Currently not until the Tribe cruise on January 14 2023 with Jamman54, MeganGC1983, and a bunch of other CC members... 

There's a possibility of a Virgin Voyages cruise with JinxyB in October, but that all depends on her schedule and me getting this hernia operation and healing afterwards...

Edited by sid_9169
  • Like 18

15 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Currently not until the Tribe cruise on January 14 2023 with Jamman54, MeganGC1983, and a bunch of other CC members... 

There's a possibility of a Virgin Voyages cruise with JinxyB in October, but that all depends on her schedule and me getting this hernia operation and healing afterwards...

Well pooh, I got all excited then realized my cruise leaves Jan 15, 2023.  Oh well.....share a link if you do a cruise with JinxyB and do a review!😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I haven’t noticed this before. I guess it’s a safety procedure for when one of the pilots is in the can. He goes into the can, a flight attendant goes into the cockpit, another flight attendant blocks the front with a cart.

The guy next to me wanted to get up to get his bag out of the overhead compartment but was told he needed to sit down until the pilot was back in the cockpit. Another flight attendant got his bag for him. 

When the pilot was finished with his business, he calls the cockpit, the flight attendant comes out, he goes in, and the cart gets removed.

IMG_9803.thumb.jpeg.5853a59c5dfe963d6b6a5363f21cef01.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This trip is nearing an end. For those of you who missed it I will be returning to Alaska in August. This time on NCL Jewel with a couple days in Anchorage pre-cruise. Most of the trip is already planned an booked. I’ll do a thread on the NCL board for that one and link it here.

So happy we could follow along. Really enjoyed your thoughts on Carnival Venezia. October can’t come fast enough for our Venezia vacay. Thanks.

• Like 3

Guy next me makes a phone call. Very loudly “Hi how are you? Well I’m in the airplane.” Thankfully a flight attendant told him he’s not allowed to use the Wi-Fi for phone calls. That was going to be very annoying.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

Now the guy is texting and he has a ding. So now it’s just ding, ding, ding, ding.

I always have mine on silent. If I don’t see or feel you, you’ll just have to wait.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 13

Another fine job, Greg.  Thank you for taking us along again on another fabulous Live review.  Your in-depth research in the places you’d visit and scheduling the timing is mind blowing. Hope you get a good night’s sleep tonight and have an easy day at work tomorrow (first day back from vacation, probably too much to ask for).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I haven’t noticed this before. I guess it’s a safety procedure for when one of the pilots is in the can. He goes into the can, a flight attendant goes into the cockpit, another flight attendant blocks the front with a cart.

The guy next to me wanted to get up to get his bag out of the overhead compartment but was told he needed to sit down until the pilot was back in the cockpit. Another flight attendant got his bag for him. 

When the pilot was finished with his business, he calls the cockpit, the flight attendant comes out, he goes in, and the cart gets removed.

IMG_9803.thumb.jpeg.5853a59c5dfe963d6b6a5363f21cef01.jpeg

They've been doing that for years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

They've been doing that for years. 

I guess they don’t have to pee a lot when I’m in the front of the plane. Or I just haven’t noticed it because they haven’t stopped people from getting out of their seats in the past.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m telling you these airlines are making me want to be a carry on guy.

Latest trend - wearing a fishing vest and packing it full 😊

image.png.4cfe6e5c8c9a3c215191f734288d926a.png

Article says :

The creators trying out this hack say that it helped them to avoid paying for checked bags on budget airlines and to save money while traveling on short-distance flights. Many of them reported that even though they had concerns about how the airport staff might react to their vests, they made it through security and onto the flight without any issues.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Oh yeah. That’s where I parked this time. Usually it’s remote south. This time it’s express south. I paid an extra dollar a day for that. Main thing with that is you’re closer, the shuttle comes more often, goes to your specific terminal, and picks you up and drops you off at your vehicle.

Think I forgot to post these the first day.

IMG_2342.thumb.jpeg.62d6dd1f0528640381095386c2232f3f.jpeg

IMG_2344.thumb.jpeg.32fa9851e038db075e82f32de3d17766.jpeg

IMG_2352.thumb.jpeg.eb56f114e3030aaeb553366fd92a56d3.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 3