Adapter and Electric Converter for Tahiti

fedexretiree

Can someone please give me a recommendation for a good Electric Converter and adapter for Tahiti.  I would appreciate a link so that I could purchase this on Amazon if possible.  We will need it for the phones, camera and hair dryer and also for the hotel that we will be staying at.

We are trying not to spend a lot of money on this because this will probably be the one and only time that we will use it.  Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And if you don't bring a hair dryer you don't need a converter, only adapters (check: your phones and camera should be 110/220 and auto-convert)

My friend wants to bring her own hair dryer so we will need both things unfortunately....I Don't know what the adapter should look like either, there are a bunch of different ones.

40 minutes ago, fedexretiree said:

My friend wants to bring her own hair dryer so we will need both things unfortunately....I Don't know what the adapter should look like either, there are a bunch of different ones.

As Jazzbeau said above, most small appliances automatically convert now. All you should need is an adapter plug. Have your friend check the hair dryer for 110/220 designation.

It is ridiculous to bring a big brick converter for a hair dryer, the hair dryers are good on board. 
European Travel 2 prong plug. Make Tessan or the one on Amazon US to French Polynesia. I have never seen a 110/220 hair dryer. You can not  use an adapter for a hair dryer it will cause a fire. Look up a universal hair dryer. Good Luck

I'm also not sure that a 110V hairdryer will work the same on 220V, even if it is listed for both – so your friend will have to adapt to a different-acting hairdryer whether she brings her own or uses the one on the ship.  Something to think about before weighing down her luggage.

Recently returned from the WindSpirit and Tahiti.  Receptacles onboard required no adapter.  Hair dryer included in stateroom worked fine.  Stayed at Pearl (before) and Hilton (after). Pearl required the cheap two prong European adapters. Hilton had the fantastic universal receptacles that we plugged right into, no adapter needed. Enjoy your trip.

• Like 2