Swimming with Dolphins Cozumel

Turk1

On 7/2/2023 at 10:59 AM, c-leg5 said:

Cabana Beach is a private area of Chankanaab. They have their own separate back entrance but recent reports say you have to enter at main entrance and walk the whole length of Chankanaab to their section.You reserve a particular cabana on their website. It is not AI.

https://thecabanabeach.com

The inclusions are always changing but seems to currently include fruit plate and guacamole. There is a menu for Cabana Beach on the website or you can purchase from a vendor within the park between the dolphins and Cabana Beach. I don’t know if they allow you to take that into their area. It will not be a sandy beach like Nachi, rather a man-made sandy area with direct access to snorkeling.

If you search this forum you will find recent reviews. I haven’t actually been to this section. It only opened a year or two before Covid and prices then were very expensive. I am sorry I missed my chance to sample it when we stayed on the island during Covid as  I discovered their special promotional Covid rate too late!

You pay a discounted entrance to Chankanaab with their rate. I don’t know if you can negotiate a Dolphin rate through them, otherwise you will be paying an entrance fee to Chankanaab twice?

We have just picked a palapa in front of the sea wall when we have gone and ordered from the roving waiters.

Thank you very much. The palapa and roving waiter thing I see you've figured it out. Nice!! Appreciate you!!🤜🤛

• Like 1

If a family of four were to head to Chankanaab, with three doing the dolphins swim and one not, could the one rent the cabana and pay the park admission with Cabana Bay and then the other three head over using their park admission from Dolphin Discovery? 

15 minutes ago, samrothstein said:

If a family of four were to head to Chankanaab, with three doing the dolphins swim and one not, could the one rent the cabana and pay the park admission with Cabana Bay and then the other three head over using their park admission from Dolphin 

Unless someone has actually done it it is difficult to say. 

Both locations include a discounted admission which i agree you shouldn’t have to pay twice as I stated above. However both are subcontractors, I think, so I don’t know what the arrangement is. I do know with the helmet dive excursion you get a discounted rate but pay Chankanaab directly, not sure why it is different.

I have always had good response emailing Cabana Beach directly so suggest you try that and perhaps report back to help others. You would need something (wristband) to allow you into Cabana Beach area.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Unless someone has actually done it it is difficult to say. 

Both locations include a discounted admission which i agree you shouldn’t have to pay twice as I stated above. However both are subcontractors, I think, so I don’t know what the arrangement is. I do know with the helmet dive excursion you get a discounted rate but pay Chankanaab directly, not sure why it is different.

I have always had good response emailing Cabana Beach directly so suggest you try that and perhaps report back to help others. You would need something (wristband) to allow you into Cabana Beach area.

Already awaiting a written response from them 🙂 I’ll report back when I hear. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2023 at 3:04 PM, novarph said:

I ended up calling dolphin discovery and they were able to book me the royal swim vip in Cozumel with free 15 minute Manatee encounter, includes buffet, open bar, sea lion show, snorkeling, lockers, etc. for $103 per adult

were you able to swim with all 3 animals? were they all at the same location?