Crystal Air Credit Program On Selected Sailings

Keith1010

Just released.

When you click on this and get to the Crystal site you will get a pop-up showing how it can be used for cruise air booked through Crystal or if you book your own air you can get a cruise credit on the cruise fare.

Keith

https://crystalcruises.com/offer/us-air-credit-2023-07-31?fbclid=IwAR2hrz6w3ffi7fSk_ou5X6wwpwlsxDAVX93snMkrNZUFTCkr46GXUV_tXCg

2023-05-31_12-04-12.thumb.png.8e7bc745476ab43f1166631a36c08ce3.png

• Like 5

• Keith1010 changed the title to Crystal Air Credit Program On Selected Sailings

Hi.  I’m sure many of you received this also, but I received an e-mail from Crystal announcing a $ 1,000 air credit for booking a 2023 cruise by July 31.  I believe this is in the form of either $ 1,000 credit for Crystal Air or actual reduction in the cruise fare per cabin of $ 1,000 if you choose to book your own flights.

I sort of welcome this.  My hope is that Crystal will experiment with this kind of “price reduction in disguise” for them to get more marketing data to consider actually lowering their prices.  I consider the current prices to be a bit too ambitiously high.

I figured I'd check with my agent, even though I've already paid in full. Her response puzzled me. I thought she'd say because I've already paid in full, I wasn't eligible. Instead she said, "Because of the other promotions that have been applied to your booking.  The air credit does not applicable to this sailing." This seems to imply that even if it were a new booking, I still wouldn't get the air credit. So, apparently, other promotions can invalidate the credit. Maybe I missed fine print somewhere. 

3 hours ago, sullaRaffaello said:

I figured I'd check with my agent, even though I've already paid in full. Her response puzzled me. I thought she'd say because I've already paid in full, I wasn't eligible. Instead she said, "Because of the other promotions that have been applied to your booking.  The air credit does not applicable to this sailing." This seems to imply that even if it were a new booking, I still wouldn't get the air credit. So, apparently, other promotions can invalidate the credit. Maybe I missed fine print somewhere. 

The fine print appears below:

*Offer valid on new bookings made between May 31, 2023 and July 31, 2023 on select 2023 departures. Guests will receive a $500 USD per person air credit (up to $1,000 USD per suite) for air reservations booked through Crystal. For air reservations booked outside of Crystal, guests will receive a $500 USD per person credit on their cruise fare. Offer not valid on the December 23, 2023 departure on Crystal Serenity, is subject to availability, can be withdrawn at any time, and may not be combined with specific promotions. Call for details.

The fine prints does state "may not be combined with specific discounts".  However, it does not list what those discounts are.  It just says to call for details.  

Just out of curiosity... what discounts did you get.?

5 minutes ago, Florida90210 said:

The fine print appears below:

*Offer valid on new bookings made between May 31, 2023 and July 31, 2023 on select 2023 departures. Guests will receive a $500 USD per person air credit (up to $1,000 USD per suite) for air reservations booked through Crystal. For air reservations booked outside of Crystal, guests will receive a $500 USD per person credit on their cruise fare. Offer not valid on the December 23, 2023 departure on Crystal Serenity, is subject to availability, can be withdrawn at any time, and may not be combined with specific promotions. Call for details.

The fine prints does state "may not be combined with specific discounts".  However, it does not list what those discounts are.  It just says to call for details.  

Just out of curiosity... what discounts did you get.?

I got the Crystal Society discount, the back-to-back discount, and the on board credit for having made a deposit when the bookings opened up last February.

1 hour ago, sullaRaffaello said:

I got the Crystal Society discount, the back-to-back discount, and the on board credit for having made a deposit when the bookings opened up last February.

Thanks for the information.  I have not made my final payment yet.  However, those were the same discounts I received when I booked my reservation.  I guess that means I may not be eligible for this promotion.

1 hour ago, Florida90210 said:

Thanks for the information.  I have not made my final payment yet.  However, those were the same discounts I received when I booked my reservation.  I guess that means I may not be eligible for this promotion.

It states it is for new bookings only so you would not be eligible for this new discount.

Keith

6 hours ago, krb1000 said:

So, just trying to understand this …if we receive a back to back discount, and a loyalty discount…no airfare credit? 

Because of the wording I am not sure. They might be talking about those discounts or they might be talking about other discounts.

If someone wanted to make a new booking, they or their TA would need to call. 

Keith

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Two reactions to this:

1) $1000 doesn't cover much of a biz class fare flying intercontinental

While that is correct, it does note if you don't book air through Crystal you can get a credit of $500.00 per person off the cruise fare.  

Keith

13 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

Two reactions to this:

1) $1000 doesn't cover much of a biz class fare flying intercontinental

2) This smells of soft bookings

Hmmm....

$1000 is $1000, whether you’re flying internationally, or just going on a puddle-jumper from Tampa to Miami. In the latter case, you’d take the $500 pp off the cruise fare. In the former you might, also. Especially if you’re using miles to buy your int’l. biz class.

Of course it’s offered when sailings aren’t sold out. Why would it be offered when a ship is heavily booked or sold out?

• Like 2

@May Bsaid

"Of course it’s offered when sailings aren’t sold out. Why would it be offered when a ship is heavily booked or sold out? "

This.  It stands to reason that Crystal would offer a new promotion after the "double Crystal Society" savings ended in May.  Standard business practice. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, K. Sera said:

It looks to me that the fares shown on the web site increased ... maybe to offset the new offers?

I wrote to the address on Cheddar Biscuit's profile. This sounds like something he would keep track of.

They have been using dynamic pricing since the beginning so fares could have changed recently or before.

Keith

• Haha 1

Just attended a webinar sponsored by my TA and Crystal and I asked if the $500 air credits are combinable with the 5% Crystal Society discount and B2B discounts…and the answer is yes!!! Just book by July 31 ♥️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1