Plastic Ducks??

jeanlyon

OK on Facecloth, it has just been asked whether on Arcadia and Aurora, passengers are hiding plastic ducks?   Why on earth would adults want to go hunting for plastic ducks?  Maybe on the kids ships, I could understand it, but seriously?  And why?

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

OK on Facecloth, it has just been asked whether on Arcadia and Aurora, passengers are hiding plastic ducks?   Why on earth would adults want to go hunting for plastic ducks?  Maybe on the kids ships, I could understand it, but seriously?  And why?

There's a whole thread about this already in the general cruise section. Wowzz found out it was happening on Princess and wondered why.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It’s a new ‘treasure trail’ game to while away an hour or two whilst waiting for a “freedom” dining table to become available 😂 

Is this an official P&O game. Do you get a gold star if you find a duck?.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Is this an official P&O game. Do you get a gold star if you find a duck?.

Better than that. As well as allowing you to secure one of the few available tables in the MDR, you are rewarded with a tablecloth, the elusive lobster, extra veg (e.g. two carrot batons rather than 1) and you are allowed to take the menu home! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

It's ironic that plastic straws are removed as are the sailaway flags yet P and O do nothing to discourage passengers from leaving plastic ducks around the ships?

A strange one for me but I daresay some folks are getting pleasure from it. Perhaps I'm showing my age 😅

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Danamis said:

It's ironic that plastic straws are removed as are the sailaway flags yet P and O do nothing to discourage passengers from leaving plastic ducks around the ships?

A strange one for me but I daresay some folks are getting pleasure from it. Perhaps I'm showing my age 😅

If they started hiding organic ducks things could get a bit smelly

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Danamis said:

Altho totally harmless, to an old **** like me, it seems a complete waste of time unless you under the age of 10.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Danamis said:

And they will probably end up in the sea!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danamis said:

Well, the straws can't be used more than once, but who only uses a plastic duck once!

But I can see them blowing (or being thrown) overboard. That would be my main concern. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Better than that. As well as allowing you to secure one of the few available tables in the MDR, you are rewarded with a tablecloth, the elusive lobster, extra veg (e.g. two carrot batons rather than 1) and you are allowed to take the menu home! 

Wot still no prawns????

• Haha 1

I’ve spotted a couple so far… 

On the ‘grown ups’ ship Arcadia soon, so will have a hunt for more to see if the rumours are true… 

They are usually accompanied by a message “Hidden by the Bloggs family, please take home and keep, or re-hide on another ship” or something similar. 

I have never hidden one myself, but thinking of hiding one onboard a Cunard (or should I say Canard?) ship… That’ll blow people’s minds! 😝

Edited by Fitzplumbago
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Paul Ludlow says 99.9% of adults enjoy searching for plastic ducks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

29 minutes ago, Fitzplumbago said:

They are usually accompanied by a message “Hidden by the Bloggs family, please take home and keep, or re-hide on another ship” or something similar. 

Who knows what that particular family have secreted inside the ducks for transporting off the ship. They spent all cruise either hogging deckchairs or moaning at reception just to get a freebie, and then letting their spawn run around the Crows Nest most eves despite being told they are not allowed in there. And now this. 🤣

We have noted something of an obsession with this duck thing on P&O as well as on Princess. And there are some very precious adults on various cruise sites/pages who clutch their pearls in horror when others do not get into the spirit. Husband binned two on our last cruise: we feel we should start another trend of posting photos of the most creative way people have disposed of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6