Good reasonable hotel in Sydney

I have just posted this in ports of call but thought it good for this forum as well.

Just used the  Mercure Hotel in YORK STREET Sydney  (there are lots of Mercures)   It was very clean and comfortable   Huge walk in shower   and very pleasant staff.  Restaurant available if required.  A very good priced hotel

The hotel is just 100 m to the left of the Burangaroo exit of Wynyard station and this is one stop before Circular Quay so VERY convenient for cruising.  Not even too far to get a taxi for White Bay if that is your entry port.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I have just posted this in ports of call but thought it good for this forum as well.

Just used the  Mercure Hotel in YORK STREET Sydney  (there are lots of Mercures)   It was very clean and comfortable   Huge walk in shower   and very pleasant staff.  Restaurant available if required.  A very good priced hotel

The hotel is just 100 m to the left of the Burangaroo exit of Wynyard station and this is one stop before Circular Quay so VERY convenient for cruising.  Not even too far to get a taxi for White Bay if that is your entry port.

We have booked there for next week, I have rebooked at cheaper price about 4 times. We stayed here years ago when it was the Travelodge. Inside info is it is changing to a Novotel at the end of the year, still in the Accor group. 

Which exit did you take from Wynyard station?

5 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We have booked there for next week, I have rebooked at cheaper price about 4 times. We stayed here years ago when it was the Travelodge. Inside info is it is changing to a Novotel at the end of the year, still in the Accor group. 

Which exit did you take from Wynyard station?

The Barangaroo  York street exit No 3

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I gather it is changing its name again later this year

Until I studied, I didn't know most hotels are managed by companies which don't own them.

4 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just like cruise ships.

Yes I only learnt that on my last small ship cruise.  I’m an early riser and this guy, who wasn’t the captain, was always around. I discovered he was the Manager of the ship.  No wonder everything went smoothly!