The Eclipse is In Sad shape

Alex618

I did read some of the thread and will stop now.  I don’t think it is at all helpful to continue to complain about things not going to happen anyway until it goes to dry dock. I see complaints on most of the cruise companies.  All are struggling to come back from the pandemic. Sorry if you think we should keep beating this dead horse into the ground. Everyone is entitled to their own experience   . Mine was positive. I will continue to sail on Celebrity. Our stateroom was fine and kept pristine by the attendants. L

• Like 3

Dave/Kathy, I did post an earlier post because I felt that people get the wrong impression with all the negative reviews and said I enjoyed ourEclipse cruise.   I will not continue to follow this thread anymore because it irritates me. 

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

Ok maybe in the past.  Sorry.

To the best of my knowledge, in Concierge Class the canapes are delivered daily--not sure if it's automatic or by request now. In the past, there was one bottle of sparkling in your stateroom upon arrival. Now you can get that one bottle (not daily) by request. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

To the best of my knowledge, in Concierge Class the canapes are delivered daily--not sure if it's automatic or by request now. In the past, there was one bottle of sparkling in your stateroom upon arrival. Now you can get that one bottle (not daily) by request. 

We sailed CClass and actually received nothing.  But maybe we had to request- didn't know that.

In our recent sailing in a CS, we got one bottle of sparkling wine in our cabin (first day).  But no canapes daily anymore.  They are in the Retreat Lounge.  Maybe if you ask your butler they will bring some to you.  

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

We last sailed September 22 in concierge and we had canapés daily without asking, no wine which is fine. Next time if canapés are still automatic plan to ask them for cheese and biscuits instead if still an option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I don't ever remember daily canapes being an amenity of Retreat class. It was always butler dependent.

Remember though, the "good old days", before the rebranding to "Retreat", the canape cart, the tall trolley that each butler would bring around to your cabin around 4pm?  Have to say, that was a big treat for my daughter and myself!  Though now, through an updated lens, it was of course a bit of a waste, but opening our cabin door and seeing our butler there with his smiling face and this high trolley of delights from which we could choose - happy memories.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Louhut1 said:

Dave/Kathy, I did post an earlier post because I felt that people get the wrong impression with all the negative reviews and said I enjoyed ourEclipse cruise.   I will not continue to follow this thread anymore because it irritates me. 

I don't let positive or negative opinions or experiences influence any of our cruise decisions. As I said earlier in this thread we are looking forward to our October Eclipse cruise. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2023 at 6:22 PM, miched said:

What you write is mostly true.   You have to do the math and figure out what gives the best bang for the buck.   As I wrote the price for AQ was way more than a veranda with the large balcony.   It was to our advantage to book the veranda.   Sometimes we will book a Suite because it is also works out better considering the perks, OBC, and etc.   There is no right or wrong.     The OP wanted to know how to book AQ without the AI?   Just giving them suggestion.   Does it make sense or is economical?   It is up to them to decide.   Some people are penny wise and dollar foolish and don’t look out of the box.   There were many cruises here a veranda or AQ was cheaper than an outside.    I am sure that some budget cruisers wouldn’t look at a veranda and tell the TA that they want an outside cabin not realizing they could get a higher category cheaper.  

On one NE cruise a couple that was on the roll call booked an outside cabin that was on the same floor as the passport bar.    They liked it because they could walk over to the bar and get a drink to bring  back to the room or hang out  while the other was getting ready for dinner.   They got a fee upgrade to CC and had mixed emotions.   They said that the balcony didn’t do anything for them because it was too cold to use  and missed the close location of the bar.   The perks with CC was basically useless to them.   The embarkation lunch didn’t exist at the time.   They also had all 4 perks that was the promo at the time.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yep.  There is cost and there is value.  If there is higher cost and high value, that often wins out for me  High cost and low value -  nope.  Similarly, low cost and low value won't work. 

Edited by quicklabs
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Remember though, the "good old days", before the rebranding to "Retreat", the canape cart, the tall trolley that each butler would bring around to your cabin around 4pm?  Have to say, that was a big treat for my daughter and myself!  Though now, through an updated lens, it was of course a bit of a waste, but opening our cabin door and seeing our butler there with his smiling face and this high trolley of delights from which we could choose - happy memories.  

Yes the good old days!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, quicklabs said:

Yep.  There is cost and there is value.  If there is higher cost and high value, that often wins out for me  High cost and low value -  nope.  Similarly, low cost and low value won't work. 

Totally agree!