I understand inflation but come on!!!

Went to go add a case of water to my room, mind you depending on sale/no sale at local grocery store can be 3.99-5.99 for the case. Royal is charging with tax and gratuity 64.00 for a case of water?  I am literally dumbfounded right now. Wasn't it just like 22 bucks a few months ago?

12 hours ago, cynt said:

Check to see if that's for two people? One case per person equals 2 cases. I had to deselect my DH so it reflects one case of water. 

Screenshot_20230604-182916_Royal.jpg

Nope!  Now choose the 24 bottle option, put it in your cart, and go to check out.  It’s $64.88 for one case of water.  Last month, it was around $20!  Ridiculous!

• Like 5

Supermarket prices vs ship prices (or restaurant prices, movie theater concessions, etc.) is apples to oranges because we are paying for the experience and the convenience. Royal has massive debt and they know that people will pay because they object to drinking the ship's tap water (which btw is used to make ice cubes, coffee, ice tea.) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Nope!  Now choose the 24 bottle option, put it in your cart, and go to check out.  It’s $64.88 for one case of water.  Last month, it was around $20!  Ridiculous!

a few months ago it was for 500 ml bottles/cans
The new water package is for 1-liter bottles... from what I was told, I don't see that written anywhere) 

10 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

The new water package is for 1-liter bottles... from what I was told, I don't see that written anywhere) 

As of 2 weeks ago, they were not 1 liter bottles. They were just the regular little, generic purified water. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

As of 2 weeks ago, they were not 1 liter bottles. They were just the regular little, generic purified water. 

that they delivered? What price did you pay for the package?

37 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

We got off the Explorer about two weeks ago.  The case delivered to our stateroom had twenty four 16.9 oz plastic bottles of “True” brand water.  It cost somewhere around $20.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

We got off the Explorer about two weeks ago.  The case delivered to our stateroom had twenty four 16.9 oz plastic bottles of “True” brand water.  It cost somewhere around $20.

I wonder if RC is actually paying attention to the orders... the lower price of 16.9oz/500ml and the higher price of 1 liter

Edited by LilBlackDress

Just now, LilBlackDress said:

I wonder if RC is actually paying attention to the orders... the lower price of 16.9oz/500ml and the higher price of 1 liter

There was no higher price as there has always been only two choices.  The Cruise Planner was less for 12 bottles and the higher price of around $20 was for 24.  We have purchased a case of 24 bottles delivered to our stateroom on all of our long cruises (at least 6) since fall of 2021.

Why don’t you buy a case and let us know?  😉

In economics it’s called what the market will bear. In other words, if people are willing to pay for it there is no reason not to keep charging more. Personally, I’ve been happily drinking the ship’s water since 1990 and have had no problems with it. Oh - and you can no longer carry on a whole case. Only 12 bottles/cans per cabin 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

Yup, if is the larger Evian bottles Water is now same price as was Pre-CV and even what I got last Spring on Royal

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

that they delivered? What price did you pay for the package?

Yes. Delivered. We got the 24 pack and it was almost $50 with the gratuity. Very overpriced for what it actually is. But, we had an onboard credit, so it didn’t hurt as much. It is a convenience fee for me because I can’t physically lug it onboard. 

Prices skyrocketed over Memorial Day weekend for some reason and haven’t dropped. 

• Like 1

On liberty seas right now. Ordered 12 pack water before we left. It was 22.99 plus 4.13 tax total 27.13 Outrageous but convenient. They have 24 pack which would double it I would think. 

bottles are Avian 500 ml or 16.9 fl only ounces. Small bottles. Also receives 4 complimentary diamond plus bottles by system you have to call to establish freebies. In our case 4 water and 1 bottle wine from their list. We set that years ago and it stays that way until you call rcl to change preferences. Those bottles were True Water I guess 12 ounces. Drank those I don’t recall. Someone should check Princess and see if they still are like $6 used to be and were big bottles. But that was at least 5 years ago. 

george in ny on liberty seas June 5

ps call for b+ blood this morning numerous donors responded. Currently in labadee Haiti helicopter has landed and is stationary at this time. No idea exactly why but obviously medical emergency. We hope for satisfactory result for whomever affected!!!

1 hour ago, pstone1 said:

There was no higher price as there has always been only two choices.  The Cruise Planner was less for 12 bottles and the higher price of around $20 was for 24.  We have purchased a case of 24 bottles delivered to our stateroom on all of our long cruises (at least 6) since fall of 2021.

Why don’t you buy a case and let us know?  😉

My next cruise is over 8 months away 

Prayers for the person airlifted off the ship in Haiti.  This is the last port I would want to be airlifted from as you will be taken to the hospital in Dominican Republic.  Hope they are doing well and getting the medical attention they need.

I agree the price of water is outrageous.

Going on the Oasis in November so have been checking the website for a couple of things. I found a couple of things that I thought were reasonable and considered booking but figured I would wait a while and see if prices went down with a sale. Well, what I was watching for $44 is now $55. The 3 day dining package at one time was about $90 and I thought I would do that, but of course said sold out, now about $130. (think this was never available or only 1 at the price, just a marketing tactic) Even the water mats have gone up by $1 per stop. I also noticed that they now have "Only 1 (2, 3, etc.) left" banners on many of the items trying to create urgency. (For all I know they only had 3 to start with.) The drink package has gone up $5 pppd. It would have been a hard sell for a casual drinker (I only drink beer) at the lower price - more than $1000 for 2 of us for a week. 

I'm not complaining. If they are able to get people to pay the price, that's okay. No one is making people spend money on extras.