Carnival has lost control

bigdaddyyo

1 minute ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

I am retired military. All rules and regulations are for ALL cruisers, not just some. Personally speaking, due to the absolutely horrible loyalty program AND the increase in "low-life" passengers, I rarely sail Carnival anymore. I don't care what rules Carnival wants to come up with, I will abide them as it is their private business. But when they refuse to enforce their own rules, what's the point of even having them? Because most people will abide them and that's good enough? That's a pretty low standard if you ask me and one of the reasons I'm weaning myself off of Carnival.

I never would have guessed you are retired military😉.  Thanks for your service.  Moving on now.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to argue with you. My complaint is with Carnival and IMO, after awhile, things would be better on board for all cruisers if Carnival would just enforce the rules they created. Word would get out that you have to follow the rules on board or there would be consequences so most people would stop trying to break the rules. Maybe that's a fairy tale, who knows? But what they are currently doing (turning a blind eye to most everything) certainly doesn't seem to be working.

Nothing to be sorry about.  At the end of the day, the final arbiter on your vacations is you.  If you feel Carnival has lost their way , then it sounds like looking elsewhere might be the right decision for you.  Happy cruising.

46 minutes ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

I've been complaining for YEARS to Carnival and John Heald directly that Carnival needs to either start enforcing their own rules or just get rid of them if they don't want to enforce them. Carnival has not addressed my complaints and never will so no, they don't have to address it at some point if they don't want to.

You are right, either enforce the rules or don't have them.

I remember a college professor once saying that the worst laws ever were speeding and alternate side of the street parking. And the reason they were the worst laws was because every broke them all the time with no consequences. And once you broke a law with no consequences, breaking the next law became much easier.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You are right, either enforce the rules or don't have them.

I remember a college professor once saying that the worst laws ever were speeding and alternate side of the street parking. And the reason they were the worst laws was because every broke them all the time with no consequences. And once you broke a law with no consequences, breaking the next law became much easier.

That def sounds like something a liberal college professor would say.  Society wants to follow rules, basing the making of them on what the rule breakers do or not do is perhaps the weakest argument against them.  The hospitality industry has to walk the tightrope, it is a balancing act, your view, my view their view, are from a certain perspective.  To say because you or I disagree with our interpretation of what we perceive they are doing (without knowing the facts) is simple untenable.  If every cruise line strictly enforced every single RULE, nobody would cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's been awhile since we cruised on a 10 night cruise with Carnival, will be on Magic next week and usually we do not sail the summer months but hoping it will not be too many kids since it is a 10 nighter,  Regardless,  we make the best of our time on our cruises no matter if it's packed with kids or not.  We are all on vacation and you never know if it's your last one.  Happy, Happy cruising!!

10 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Maybe they should put them off to sea in a lifeboat…at least the baby….right?  This is a family cruise line….I think.  

Absolutely not, of course.  When my children were babies, if I was in a public place I tried very hard not to let them bother anyone else.  As I said, babies cry.  That is the nature of babies.  If I had been the parent, we would have picked up the little tyke in an attempt to soothe it.  ( you could tell the portable bed the baby was in was up against the connecting door and no one picked up the little one ). If that did not work, I would have grabbed the stroller and taken it up on deck or on Lido if the wind was too high on the deck to let the little one adjust there. We had began to wonder if they left the child unattended.  You didn't even hear an adult moving in the room, and face it, Carnival walls are prety thin.  We could tell when their TV was on.  

10 hours ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

Of the 11 cruises that I have booked, 2 are on Carnival, 1 on MSC, and 8 on Royal Caribbean. 

Why did you even book 2 cruises on Carnival since they don't enforce rules? Odd...

8 minutes ago, john91498 said:

Why did you even book 2 cruises on Carnival since they don't enforce rules? Odd...

I booked 2 cruises on Carnival b/c I got (at the time) a good deal on a great location (aft corner wrap) on a wonderful itinerary (NYC Canada). So I thought I'd have plenty of space to steer clear of the ill-behaved.

Then Carnival swapped ships and changed the cabins, so now I'm a kranky pants...

I know you didn't ask me, but I appreciate you letting me weigh in. 😤

• Like 1

Carnival and other lines haven't lost control.

Crew shouldn't be responsible for disciplining unruly kids/adults

Some parents don't know how to control their children or don't care.

These are usually the same adults that are guilty of rowdy behavior.

I've seen it on different lines.  The bratty kids accompanied by the wise A$$ parents!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sgttami said:

Carnival and other lines haven't lost control.

Crew shouldn't be responsible for disciplining unruly kids/adults

Some parents don't know how to control their children or don't care.

These are usually the same adults that are guilty of rowdy behavior.

I've seen it on different lines.  The bratty kids accompanied by the wise A$$ parents!

There is a fine line and when that line is crossed it is on Carnival to keep control and enforce rules. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

They were booked 2 years ago because our travel buddies wanted to go. One is the Greenland cruise and the other was very, very cheap. Given the chance, I would cancel them but alas, that is not an option (without throwing money away that is).

Gotcha 👍

On 6/5/2023 at 3:34 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

If a person was assaulted the way you state, they would have been in the brig or the entire family confined to their cabin with security. The entire family disembarked at the next port. This would be all over the news.

Other than some anti vax posts this is the only post by the OP

31 minutes ago, simplelife said:

Other than some anti vax posts this is the only post by the OP

So that doesn’t make me credible?  You sound like a fun person to be around, god forbid anyone has opinions you don’t agree with.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, bigdaddyyo said:

So that doesn’t make me credible?  You sound like a fun person to be around, god forbid anyone has opinions you don’t agree with.  

If we're being honest, that post count carries a lot of weight.  Not saying I agree with it, just keepin' it real for you here on the old CC forum.  It gets hard examined.  😉

3 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

If we're being honest, that post count carries a lot of weight.  Not saying I agree with it, just keepin' it real for you here on the old CC forum.  It gets hard examined.  😉

Here, just so we make sure we are all on the same page.  You can see her FB name and reach out, if anyone still wants to play detective.  

I’m only posting this so I can get my post count up so I’m more credible.

IMG_8148.jpeg

• Haha 1

The post was in the VIFP Facebook Paige. I’m not a member but my friend texted me the screen shot because she was concerned our grandsons might not be safe on the cruise we booked for next summer. Even though the name has already been posted I cropped it out but it certainly looks to me that the story is legit and Carnival did not handle the situation properly. 

3BF467FC-0AA6-4C1C-9689-39310BD21902.jpeg

25 minutes ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

Let’s play devils advocate. What is the appropriate punishment? Keep in mind, we live in the age of cell phones, its my right etc? There is unruly behavior on all cruise lines, not just CCL. 

The problem passengers and family get “the letter,” from GS. Needs to be shared among cruise lines, a no sail. This does happen, but not enough.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

The problem passengers and family get “the letter,” from GS. Needs to be shared among cruise lines, a no sail. This does happen, but not enough.

I agree however the airline industry doesn’t even share details of unruly passengers with each other. In my opinion its going to come down to what is considered unruly? That word means different things to different people. Should the people who smuggle alcohol or rum runners onboard be punished the same since breaking rules is breaking rules, no matter what the offense is? Food for thought.

1 hour ago, SwordBlazer Cruising said:

In my opinion its going to come down to what is considered unruly? That word means different things to different people.

When someone starts to bleed, the line is crossed and there is no more ambiguity or different set of interpretation. 

• Like 6