Docking at Benoa Port Bali

Chrisclaire

Has anyone docked here recently?

We are on the Sydney to Singapore cruise in October and wanted to know a rough time scale of disembarking the ship.

I understand that Celebrity excursions will leave first, but we want to organise a private transfer to Nusa Dua.

Thanks in advance!

37 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

The cruise is 15 nights leaving Sydney on 19 October and ending in Singapore.

Solstice will overnight in Bali.

We are on this cruise.  To answer the OP, Celebrity excursions usually meet in the Theater and disembark up forward.  The rest of the ship should be disembarking mid-ship, and as soon as the ship is cleared, you should be able to go ashore.  For an 8:00am arrival, you should be able to walk off the ship by 8:30am at the latest.

6 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

We are on this cruise.  To answer the OP, Celebrity excursions usually meet in the Theater and disembark up forward.  The rest of the ship should be disembarking mid-ship, and as soon as the ship is cleared, you should be able to go ashore.  For an 8:00am arrival, you should be able to walk off the ship by 8:30am at the latest.

Thankyou Wineaux007, enjoy the cruise 😊

• 1 year later...
On 6/14/2024 at 2:51 AM, lovedecruise said:

To those of you who were on this cruise, how did you find it?  We are considering it for 2025. Anything we should be aware of/ hints etc?

Thanks. 

We absolutely loved this cruise.

The sail out of Sydney was very special!

We did a trip to Kuranda & the scenic railway tour was lovely, very interesting. (Booked with Celebrity)

We stayed in a beautiful hotel in Bali whilst the ship was docked overnight (Bali Tropic)

Nice to get off the ship & swim in a quiet pool 😉

Talking of Bali, I think we were the first ship to dock and it was a bit of a joke (see pictures)

The staff were all lined up & very excited for our arrival.

We made it off the ship....eventually 😃

Solstice IMO was an excellent ship, we really enjoyed everything about it.

Highlight for us was a day trip organised through a wonderful lady on our roll call to the Whitsunday Islands

Booked with Red Cat Adventures who were excellent!

A very special, enjoyable memory for us.

I would love to visit Australia again but the flight from Scotland was just too long.

We finished with a few night's in Singapore 

Singapore Sling in Raffles Long Bar is a must.

What a fabulous place Singapore is.

Enjoy if you decide to book!

20231030_085348.jpg

20231030_084715.jpg

20231030_085114.jpg

20231030_084741.jpg

1 hour ago, Chrisclaire said:

We absolutely loved this cruise.

The sail out of Sydney was very special!

We did a trip to Kuranda & the scenic railway tour was lovely, very interesting. (Booked with Celebrity)

We stayed in a beautiful hotel in Bali whilst the ship was docked overnight (Bali Tropic)

Nice to get off the ship & swim in a quiet pool 😉

Talking of Bali, I think we were the first ship to dock and it was a bit of a joke (see pictures)

The staff were all lined up & very excited for our arrival.

We made it off the ship....eventually 😃

Solstice IMO was an excellent ship, we really enjoyed everything about it.

Highlight for us was a day trip organised through a wonderful lady on our roll call to the Whitsunday Islands

Booked with Red Cat Adventures who were excellent!

A very special, enjoyable memory for us.

I would love to visit Australia again but the flight from Scotland was just too long.

We finished with a few night's in Singapore 

Singapore Sling in Raffles Long Bar is a must.

What a fabulous place Singapore is.

Enjoy if you decide to book!

20231030_085348.jpg

20231030_084715.jpg

20231030_085114.jpg

20231030_084741.jpg

Thank you so much for all your helpful information. I am so glad you enjoyed the cruise. We have cruised on the Solstice 5 times and love her “proper” balconies. 
The cruise we are considering is 13 nights and there is no overnight stop in Bali. Is there much to do within walking distance of the Port of Benoa? 
What would say was the average age group on board? Were there many children?

Again, many thanks for your help. 

2 hours ago, verizon said:

Do we need to aply for VISA for entry?

How to do it ?

I am also on this sailing.

Yes, and it was a PIA because their website to do it really, really sucked.  Hundreds, really, hundreds of folks on the ship had to have ship assistance in applying on line for the visa.  

3 hours ago, lovedecruise said:

Thank you so much for all your helpful information. I am so glad you enjoyed the cruise. We have cruised on the Solstice 5 times and love her “proper” balconies. 
The cruise we are considering is 13 nights and there is no overnight stop in Bali. Is there much to do within walking distance of the Port of Benoa? 
What would say was the average age group on board? Were there many children?

Again, many thanks for your help. 

You are very welcome!

Happy to help ☺️ 

Tbh, there didn't seem much to do  near the port, from what we saw, many seemed to be getting on buses/taxi's. 

As we had pre-organised through our hotel I didn't really pay much attention...sorry.

Average age group I would say was around 50/55?

We were surprised at how many were onboard from the UK....thought it would mainly be Australians.

I only saw 2/3 children

3 hours ago, verizon said:

Do we need to aply for VISA for entry?

How to do it ?

I am also on this sailing.

Yes, as Wineaux007 said you do need a Visa

I know many had an absolute nightmare with this, but we after quite some time managed.

There was a whole forum on this back around the time of our cruise Oct 2023

Some very helpful info if you want to search back.

It was a very frustrating website & not user friendly 😑 

It may however have improved 🤪

Enjoy!

• Haha 1

Are visas required for Bali if you fly in from the USA through Singapore?

Can anyone comment about starting a cruise there in Benoa? Our Bali to Singapore cruise on 1/2/25 starts at that port.  We are in the Retreat so will that help with getting on the ship?  Do we wait inside or outside? How good is the porter service? It looks like a very small terminal.  

54 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

I know many had an absolute nightmare with this, but we after quite some time managed.

Enjoy!

What I don't like is the third party handling the visa.They charge more and never get the work done.

I got burnt from the Indian visa once.

1 hour ago, verizon said:

What I don't like is the third party handling the visa.They charge more and never get the work done.

I got burnt from the Indian visa once.

Are you saying the website to pay and apply and the airport payment is handled by a third party?

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Are visas required for Bali if you fly in from the USA through Singapore?

Can anyone comment about starting a cruise there in Benoa? Our Bali to Singapore cruise on 1/2/25 starts at that port.  We are in the Retreat so will that help with getting on the ship?  Do we wait inside or outside? How good is the porter service? It looks like a very small terminal.  

You are on the Millie correct?  Not that many cruisers to get on the ship.  

Our cruise ended at this port.  It was a bit slow in unloading off of the ramp.

4 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Enjoy!

My recollection is that we had difficulties uploading the passports...

After I put the passport on a scanner (flat)  and scanned it, it finally went through.

23 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

You are on the Millie correct?  Not that many cruisers to get on the ship.  

Our cruise ended at this port.  It was a bit slow in unloading off of the ramp.

Yes correct.

I am asking about getting on the ship at a cruise terminal at the beginning of a cruise when you have never been on the ship before.

You will want to go to official website.   https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/   You want to apply for the Tourist Single Entry Visa for 60 days.   It cost 1,500,000 IDR (approx USD $91).

Sea ports are not listed so I just put in Benoa airport and had no problem.   Some on our Roll call had problems with certain credit cards and debit cards.   Most found it worked better if you applied during business hours.

I personally had no problems and got it on the first try.

When you arrive at Benoa you have to scan the QR Code in the terminal.

If flying into Benoa I have read you can apply on arrival but there are often long lines.    There is no visa on arrival at the port and in our case you could not board without it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

You will want to go to official website.   https://molina.imigrasi.go.id/   You want to apply for the Tourist Single Entry Visa for 60 days.   It cost 1,500,000 IDR (approx USD $91).

Sea ports are not listed so I just put in Benoa airport and had no problem.   Some on our Roll call had problems with certain credit cards and debit cards.   Most found it worked better if you applied during business hours.

I personally had no problems and got it on the first try.

When you arrive at Benoa you have to scan the QR Code in the terminal.

If flying into Benoa I have read you can apply on arrival but there are often long lines.    There is no visa on arrival at the port and in our case you could not board without it.

How do you submit confirmation of payment of entry visa at the cruise terminal?  

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

How do you submit confirmation of payment of entry visa at the cruise terminal?  

Once your Visa is approved you received an email with a QR coded Visa.   BTW they also have an app and you can store the QR code.    At the port Terminal they have regular looking immigration booths set up.     They have a QR Code reader and you just scan it and the agent nods for you to proceed.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

39 minutes ago, verizon said:

I am filing out the form now.Do need help to fill out the address.Also do I need to give out my Bank information?Please help.Thank you

On the World Cruise 2023 @PQ Mamacita posted an excellent tutorial.   The only thing I saw change was the visa cost doubled.    Message 1256 -  Link below

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Once your Visa is approved you received an email with a QR coded Visa.   BTW they also have an app and you can store the QR code.    At the port Terminal they have regular looking immigration booths set up.     They have a QR Code reader and you just scan it and the agent nods for you to proceed.  

Do you remember the name of the app?  I searched the iPhone App Store and found nothing.

Thanks for the help.