Adjoining room on Encore

We just booked a future cruise next Spring while on our first Seabourn cruise that we (sadly) just disembarked Quest from this morning. I am looking at the schematics of Encore and noticed that we are booked in an adjoining room. It was the last cabin available in the category we wanted, but nothing was said of this.  On all previous cruise lines, we have avoided at all costs adjoining cabins due to noise. I am thinking it’s likely no less concerning on Encore. If you have experience with this and agree or not, please lmk. I think it might be wise to let our TA know we would want to be on a waitlist for cancellation of another V3 if there is such a thing? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

We just booked a future cruise next Spring while on our first Seabourn cruise that we (sadly) just disembarked Quest from this morning. I am looking at the schematics of Encore and noticed that we are booked in an adjoining room. It was the last cabin available in the category we wanted, but nothing was said of this.  On all previous cruise lines, we have avoided at all costs adjoining cabins due to noise. I am thinking it’s likely no less concerning on Encore. If you have experience with this and agree or not, please lmk. I think it might be wise to let our TA know we would want to be on a waitlist for cancellation of another V3 if there is such a thing? Thank you!

You will get noise from any connecting room on a ship.

It's always a no go for me when on a ship.

Ask your TA to look at what is available and choose another suite.

• Like 1

We had a connecting room on Ovation for our last cruise. Wouldn’t have been our first choice - first week it sounded like a family next door, second week didn’t hear anything. So depends on who your neighbours are.  Avoid if you can, but not a dealbreaker for us. 

• Like 2

Even with quiet neighbours - which we have had - the connecting door is the main problem - when they are near that door, usually on their way in or out, you can hear them clearly. Certainly on Seabourn.  Try to change if at all possible.  It is not good news when they return from a late evening and you have just gone to sleep.

16 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

I think it might be wise to let our TA know we would want to be on a waitlist for cancellation of another V3 if there is such a thing? Thank you!

I think this is a good idea. On part of a world cruise segment when we booked it was difficult to get a cabin that wasn't close to the front or interconnecting. After multiple months we were finally able to get changed to one more midship.

Julie

Just got off the Encore and found that you don’t need to have a connecting door to get noise!  You just need inconsiderate neighbors both sides and above you who consistently let their doors bang shut and drag their patio furniture around constantly.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tallante said:

Just got off the Encore and found that you don’t need to have a connecting door to get noise!  You just need inconsiderate neighbors both sides and above you who consistently let their doors bang shut and drag their patio furniture around constantly.  

Sadly we encountered this on our cruise on Quest especially after Buenos Aires change over. I asked the two couples once to please stop slamming the door one afternoon when we were trying to nap. They obliged for 2-3 days then reverted back to letting their door slam shut so we just had to put up with it.

I mentioned to Handre when he boarded why they no longer put the good neighbour note on boarding in the room asking to close the door quietly. I was told people didn't like being told what to do, which I understand but consideration for others would be nice. 

37 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Sadly we encountered this on our cruise on Quest especially after Buenos Aires change over. I asked the two couples once to please stop slamming the door one afternoon when we were trying to nap. They obliged for 2-3 days then reverted back to letting their door slam shut so we just had to put up with it.

I mentioned to Handre when he boarded why they no longer put the good neighbour note on boarding in the room asking to close the door quietly. I was told people didn't like being told what to do, which I understand but consideration for others would be nice. 

37 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Exactly.  Try a 250 corporate group on board. Nightmare.  I’ll email you privately.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Annoying and inconsiderate people never like being pulled up for their bad behaviour.

I like to tell them and teach them the error of their ways.

Every day's a school day 😁

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, lincslady said:

It is not good news when they return from a late evening and you have just gone to sleep.

Our first ever Seabourn cruise (NZ/AU on Quest) we had this situation. Mother and daughter from Sydney who wanted to drink everything before the ship ran out. They closed the bar every night and then proceeded to wake us up. Very difficult to remain civil, but we did. 
Would never accept a connecting door again. 

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

The only other floor that is available without changing cabins mid cruise in V3 is on Deck 6. The tender deck. I have to think that’s not such a great location either? 

What floor were you going to be on? I don't recall it being an issue as we usually prefer Deck 6 but I haven't sailed Ovation since December 2019 so maybe my memory is hazy. Most people seem to use the stairs and elevators near the Grand Salon.

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

What floor were you going to be on? I don't recall it being an issue as we usually prefer Deck 6 but I haven't sailed Ovation since December 2019 so maybe my memory is hazy. Most people seem to use the stairs and elevators near the Grand Salon.

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Surely Deck 3 is the tender deck not 6. It is on that Encore

We were on deck 7.  We could see the tenders being lowered right from our cabin and it felt like only one deck down, so I may be way off. Was running on fumes yesterday when I posted the question. I just went back to look at the the deck plans and it shows tenders on Deck 6. We could hear the tenders being lowered every time on Deck 7, but we wake early so it was no big deal. I was concerned it might be a greater volume one deck down. 

Edited by Vineyard View