New Razzle Dazzle menu - Resilient Lady

jon81uk

Dined at Razzle Dazzle tonight on Resilient Lady and the new menu is great. Had pork belly, smoked beef short rib and apple cake and all were great. Back again tomorrow to try more dishes as I’m told the lamb is also good. 

For brunch it’s largely the same menu but no more cookies. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Didn't know there was a new menu coming out; perhaps they will rotate them to encourage more visits to this restaurant at night. 

they're supposedly piloting this one and it may make its way across the pond soon.

i think they scared people away with the OG menu by playing up it's veg-forwardness, even though there were plenty of meat options.  the new resilient menu is my new favorite dinner - i went for dinner one night, then went back for a pre-dinner snack when they opened the next day!  the desserts are also MUCH better!  creme brulee was delish.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if this expands to all ships. We had at least 4 special desserts at RD on the TA, but none of them are on the menu that was posted above.  Will miss the cookies--we used to get them "to go" for a middle of the night snack.

There was an email recently about VV doing food and drink months for August and September which mentioned this new menu so it might come to the other ships then?

I think there is still a strong veggie option to this menu, there is an equal number of meat and veggie dishes so almost better than the old one I think, they just aren’t selling the restaurant as veggie/vegan anymore, it’s just the signature restaurant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jon81uk said:

There was an email recently about VV doing food and drink months for August and September which mentioned this new menu so it might come to the other ships then?

🙏 will be on SL in September and again in December. This menu looks amazing!

15 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

i think they scared people away with the OG menu by playing up it's veg-forwardness

yes we did not even go into RD on our first 4-night cruise SL because of this. It wasn't until our 2nd cruise that we tried it and it is now our must-do/favorite.

• Like 2

Before my first cruise, I expected RD to be my least favorite restaurant.  It ended up being the top choice!  ALWAYS great food, and with one exception (Bimini day), great service.  We believe that they had staff from a different location in RD on that day as we didn't see anyone we recognized and the service was.....not good.  Sure, there have been some hiccups, but they were rare and quickly rectified.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

They aren't listing my favorites!  This could be a BIG problem.  It will be interesting to see what is being served on our upcoming cruise.

What dishes are you missing?

On resilient lady the new dinner menu is entirely new no existing dishes. But the breakfast /brunch menu is basically the same as before just with no milk and cookies.

But I tried several of the new dishes and the only bad one was the s’mores dessert. 

Just now, jon81uk said:

What dishes are you missing?

Brunch menu--buckwheat waffles. Evening--whatever the pork dish was called, beer chicken, and I'm guessing that the "secret steak" is still an unlisted secret.  The beer chicken was a great substitute for the no longer available butter chicken.   Seriously, this was our favorite restaurant on our last cruise, and my cruising partner will be seriously unhappy if the stuff she liked is not available.  This, combined with the fact that fall 2024 is not available yet could be the difference between booking another VV and looking at other lines.  We have 2 more booked and do not plan to cancel, but are holding off on booking any more.

18 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Brunch menu--buckwheat waffles. Evening--whatever the pork dish was called, beer chicken, and I'm guessing that the "secret steak" is still an unlisted secret.  The beer chicken was a great substitute for the no longer available butter chicken.   Seriously, this was our favorite restaurant on our last cruise, and my cruising partner will be seriously unhappy if the stuff she liked is not available.  This, combined with the fact that fall 2024 is not available yet could be the difference between booking another VV and looking at other lines.  We have 2 more booked and do not plan to cancel, but are holding off on booking any more.

The waffles are available, I ate them for breakfast on Thursday, the brunch menu hasn’t really changed. But on the after dark menu currently on Resilient nothing has carried forward from the old menu, every single dish is new and the secret item is a smash burger with blue cheese. 

The pork dish you are thinking of is probably the bow tie pasta. But the slow cooked pork belly starter on the new menu is fantastic.

• Like 2

The crazy cobb is gone (the wife's favorite). 

I suspect the pork dish you were referring to was the Razzle pasta, stopped bow ties in a pork broth which was my personal favorite. 

The secret steak was replaced with a secret burger on Resilient. I thought it was quite good and certainly better than the standard burger at the Galley. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, _tacocat_ said:

hah glad i skipped that one!  i had already eaten a smores jar in the galley at lunch that day, so passed on dinner smores.

The baked pears was my favourite of the desserts. S’mores was chocolate pudding with some crushed biscuit and lightly toasted marshmallow piped on. 

An e-mail I just got regarding a late July trip on SL mentions changes to the RD menu, without being specific to RL or any ship.  I wonder if they are rolling out the new menu on other LS?  (I wasn't expecting to use all these acronyms, but halfway through, I started giggling and decided to use as many as possible).  The purpose of the e-mail was to say that dining reservations were "now open".  Of course I booked my stuff days ago...

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.  For a funny.....I called VV on a different issue a few days ago and the person obviously had to be able to look at my reservation on the computer.  At the end of the call, she asked if there was anything else she could help me with such as shore or dining reservations.  The cruise is nowhere near having those windows open yet!

On 6/8/2023 at 5:44 PM, _tacocat_ said:

they're supposedly piloting this one and it may make its way across the pond soon.

i think they scared people away with the OG menu by playing up it's veg-forwardness, even though there were plenty of meat options.  the new resilient menu is my new favorite dinner - i went for dinner one night, then went back for a pre-dinner snack when they opened the next day!  the desserts are also MUCH better!  creme brulee was delish.

Yes, they are no longer pitching it as vegan forward. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Yes, they are no longer pitching it as vegan forward. 

Even though the new menu has just as many vegetarian entrees as before and there are fewer meat dishes compared to the old menu.

I think it was just badly marketed before as there was always a lot of meat dishes before and some of them were fantastic.

• Like 2