Volendam Holiday 2023

Susanmaz

Booked this 12 day Sea of Cortez & Holiday Dec 22 - Jan 3. This will cover 3 celebrations for us, anniversary, Christmas & New Years. I have to say I was surprised to see that there is a charge for choosing a specific cabin… I paid it because I am particular about where I what to stay. As I consequence, I chose not to spend the money on HIA. Hope to see you holiday travelers on board.

2 minutes ago, Susanmaz said:

Booked this 12 day Sea of Cortez & Holiday Dec 22 - Jan 3. This will cover 3 celebrations for us, anniversary, Christmas & New Years. I have to say I was surprised to see that there is a charge for choosing a specific cabin… I paid it because I am particular about where I what to stay. As I consequence, I chose not to spend the money on HIA. Hope to see you holiday travelers on board.

Huh? You mean as opposed to booking a guarantee for a chunk of change less? That has been pretty much the system since resumption after Covid. 

There is also a third fare that you need to call about. But I think the deposit is non-refundable.

I had never seen it before until I researched what and where for our next cruise.  Maybe because our last two cruises - since resumption - were using our credits from Covid cancellations? Who knows. But I will probably not ever do an HIA if I have to pay to choose a cabin.

1 hour ago, Susanmaz said:

I had never seen it before until I researched what and where for our next cruise.  Maybe because our last two cruises - since resumption - were using our credits from Covid cancellations? Who knows. But I will probably not ever do an HIA if I have to pay to choose a cabin.

We have two cruises with HIA and guarantee bookings. And had 3 cruises already since resumption...only one with cabin assigned as it was possible at the time of booking.

Look into the advantage fare, I think it is called. Discussed here frequently.

• Like 1