Viking Air

MoBro713

Go to MVJ

Go into Manage My Air

Expand here:

image.png.073a6aaafbfb97d80672c0e44360f792.png

If they have been ticketed then you will have an eticket number at the bottom of the Flight Details & Baggage Fees drop down...

image.png.c246eba7364f6b959b75d01dbe50e644.png

Edited by CDNPolar

Generally they ticket 45 to 75 days out from the departure.

They used to always ticket 75 days out but when pandemic and airline delays and upset happened the ticketing window got shorter.

25 minutes ago, CDR2001 said:

You can request ticketing about 120 days out. You might have to be persistent. We always do that so we can select upgrade seats via the airline app if offered. 

True, but note, once you do request tickets to be ticketed, then if you need to change anything, you will pay a change fee.  (Not talking about seat selection and things that you can do on the airline website)

Before ticketing, if you choose to go a day early or stay late, or change a flight, you can do so without a change fee as long as the change falls inside the contract fares.

This is off topic but I am asking your advice about flights to Manaus in Dec 2023. I had booked a flight MIA to MAO on Gol departing Dec 6.non stop.  I have a confirmation number with GOL.  When I look up availability for this route I do not see the flight offered.  Also AA their codeshare does not show the flight.  Is it flying? GOL is out of my comfort zone as i am not familiar with the carrier, Also in your experience does Viking offer a charter out of MIA? Thanks so much for any insight.  

15 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

And remember....airline ticket numbers consist of 13 digits.

Any other reference, with fewer or greater numbers or with letters, is not an indication of an actual ticket.

Just as a note, if you are referring to the ticket number that I posted in the picture above, I did not screen capture the entire ticket number for confidentiality.  I am not going to post my full e-ticket number.

Perhaps I should have stated that.... it was intended as a picture reference of what the OP should look for.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Just as a note, if you are referring to the ticket number that I posted in the picture above, I did not screen capture the entire ticket number for confidentiality.  I am not going to post my full e-ticket number.

Perhaps I should have stated that.... it was intended as a picture reference of what the OP should look for.

That was understood.  I was noting how some folks get a reference number from an online agency or cruiseline that is THEIR booking number, but is not the ticket number.

For example, American Express provides an 8 digit number.

• 2 weeks later...

Per MVJ - Air:

"Flight itin will be available 29 SEPT"

(Was expecting AA flights)

Was checking my AA app for baggage info, sizing, allowances etc.

App shows my flights for my V cruise.  Totally surprised!  Outbound and inbound as I wanted; both nonstops.  Will not need air plus.

Curiously, inbound had seats assigned, outbound not.  I know they're not ticketed, but had locator.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

Nonstop flights…you got lucky.  My Viking air in August has one stop in each direction.  It also has crazy times like leaving Bergen our first flight is 6:15.  Also flying on Eurowings Discovery.  It’s owned by Lufthansa.  It is a cheap airline.  We just flew on Eurowings last week to take a cruise on another line.  The seats were narrow and had very little legroom.  Think sardine can.  

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Nonstop flights…you got lucky.  My Viking air in August has one stop in each direction.  It also has crazy times like leaving Bergen our first flight is 6:15.  Also flying on Eurowings Discovery.  It’s owned by Lufthansa.  It is a cheap airline.  We just flew on Eurowings last week to take a cruise on another line.  The seats were narrow and had very little legroom.  Think sardine can.  

This is why you should use Air Plus and choose your routes, airlines, and seats.

If you bought your ticket as one ticket from your point of origin to the final destination, then luggage fees should be ONCE at the point of bag drop off.  

If you have purchased two separate tickets - one to Amsterdam, and one to Bergen - which is unlikely that you have done this.... then yes, you would pay to luggage fees.

On 6/27/2023 at 6:26 AM, KaDarr said:

We will be flying into Amsterdam with a three hour layover before moving on to 
Bergen, Norway. Do we have to pay the baggage fee for each leg of the trip?

Check the Delta website.  Probably no charge for baggage on an international flight unless you have more than 1 checked bag each or it’s over the weight limit.

On 6/24/2023 at 5:25 PM, FetaCheese said:

Per MVJ - Air:

"Flight itin will be available 29 SEPT"

(Was expecting AA flights)

Was checking my AA app for baggage info, sizing, allowances etc.

App shows my flights for my V cruise.  Totally surprised!  Outbound and inbound as I wanted; both nonstops.  Will not need air plus.

Curiously, inbound had seats assigned, outbound not.  I know they're not ticketed, but had locator.

Should have added: 

PHL / LAX  r/t.  Lots of AA nonstops all day long.  

Have had good flights from V on both prior cruises, except ATH/PHL inbound, was unexpectedly changed from 2 leg to 3 leg, for unforseen circumstance, on disembarkation day in Piraeus.  V rebooked us for the following day, letting us stay on ship, same cabin, for a bonus overnight in ATH.

• Like 1

We decided to do the Viking Air and the pre-tour in Athens for next year. My spouse is extremely concerned about having no control over the carrier, the connections,  etc. and now i am reading that the pre-cruise tour of Athens is basically on your own and the hotel is far outside of town.  We think we may book our own flight, hotel and tours. We haven't made our final payment yet - can we cancel the Viking Air and pre-tour? Has anyone found that the Viking Air is such a bargain over finding your own flights that it is worth it (besides the transfers). Appreciate any advice.

3 minutes ago, Murt22 said:

We decided to do the Viking Air and the pre-tour in Athens for next year. My spouse is extremely concerned about having no control over the carrier, the connections,  etc. and now i am reading that the pre-cruise tour of Athens is basically on your own and the hotel is far outside of town.  We think we may book our own flight, hotel and tours. We haven't made our final payment yet - can we cancel the Viking Air and pre-tour? Has anyone found that the Viking Air is such a bargain over finding your own flights that it is worth it (besides the transfers). Appreciate any advice.

Both prior V cruises, and next V cruise offered free Air.  Hard to turn down.  

Check your V ticket contract for CXL terms on air and extensions.

It’s not true that you have “no control” over carrier, connections, etc. You have limited control. Viking has contracted with certain carriers and even after they have booked your flights you can change them through MVJ before they are ticketed. The caveat is you must used the contracted airlines. Those include Lufthansa, United, KLM, Air Canada, etc. Major carriers that fly frequent routes to Viking’s destinations.

Many times we were able to change flights and even departure airport to obtain better flights. 

This is BTW without Air Plus. If you purchase Air Plus you can have your choice. You can purchase it after your flights are booked, if needed.

As far as Athens is concerned, I highly recommend the Classic Greece extension., not the Athens extension. It’s one of the best extensions we have been on. You can read about it here.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1