Helipad Send-Off Still Happening?

Welly09

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

The railings on the helipad can easily be climbed up or though. I have never seen a child on any of my many times out there

Come to think of it neither have I and have been invited several times on many ships

This would be awesome.  We have done a helipad sendoff twice before on RC (due to status of course).  Albeit it was windy as all get out but nothing a hair clip couldn't fix.  It was a really nice event and everyone that attended enjoyed it.  I would enjoy that again on Celebrity.

If you are Invited to the Helipad sail away be Sure to wear closed toe shoes.

I have seen guest refused entry wearing rubber flip flops and high heels.

The requirement is always on the Invite, but some people always show up unprepared.

29 minutes ago, D. B. said:

If you are Invited to the Helipad sail away be Sure to wear closed toe shoes.

I have seen guest refused entry wearing rubber flip flops and high heels.

The requirement is always on the Invite, but some people always show up unprepared.

I saw people without proper footwear and nothing was said.  I always wear runners.

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I saw people without proper footwear and nothing was said.  I always wear runners.

Yes, sometimes they are lax in enforcing the rules.  But sometimes they are not - I have personally seen people turned away.  Would not want to get there only to find out I was not permitted to join and would have to head to my cabin (which could be a long way away) to change shoes.  

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Yes, sometimes they are lax in enforcing the rules.  But sometimes they are not - I have personally seen people turned away.  Would not want to get there only to find out I was not permitted to join and would have to head to my cabin (which could be a long way away) to change shoes.  

I'm a rule follower. Whenever I've booked a concierge I always pack runners just in case I get invited.  However, I have noticed they don't often get a big crowd on the helipad. Perhaps because many are getting ready for dinner.

On 6/10/2023 at 8:57 AM, miched said:

Go to the theater before sail away and look for people that are standing around.    They are waiting to get on to the helipad.  Join in.   No one checks to see if you are on the invite list.   I doubt if they have a list.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

They were checking invites on our end of April cruise on Summit.  Elite and above were invited. 

26 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

They were checking invites on our end of April cruise on Summit.  Elite and above were invited. 

I always take my invite but have never been asked.

• Thanks 1

Traveling Concierge Class on the Eclipse in August with my 82 y.o. MIL.  Assuming we are invited for one of these, what are the mobility issues we should be aware of?  She can do a couple flights of stairs at a time, no problem.  And I can help steady her where necessary, but handrails are always helpful.  Would there be any seating available?

48 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

Traveling Concierge Class on the Eclipse in August with my 82 y.o. MIL.  Assuming we are invited for one of these, what are the mobility issues we should be aware of?  She can do a couple flights of stairs at a time, no problem.  And I can help steady her where necessary, but handrails are always helpful.  Would there be any seating available?

first .. no seating of any kind. There is a very high threshold to step/climb over at the entrance. It can be tricky but a crew member offers a hand.  One set of stairs after that with a railing. Then just a large open area. No sun or wind protection.

Invitations will come the day before to your cabin if you are invited. On many 7 day cruises it happens only once so cc class may not be invited

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigAWL said:

No seating

BD16908C-8442-4209-8271-2842C7BF446A.jpeg

8EB06217-8C41-4832-80C5-F9E98D2F160A.jpeg

• Like 1