Pre-Cruise Bottled Water package

Nightowl11

What brand of waters do they have on the Crown in Alaska?  There is a specific reason why I am asking.  I already know the water is safe to drink onboard.  Stateroom Bottled Water Package $7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Pre-cruise exclusive

The brand varies a lot, depending on the supply chain.  You could try to find a roll call of a current sailing and ask there, but if the ship resupplies in the meantime, there could be a different brand by the time you board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK - went through my pics. I have a hard time believing this but it is Kirkland (Costco). Let me clarify - I don't remember if that was in my mini-bar setup or part of the 12 pack. My room steward took everything but the water in the mini bar setup. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a9585cfae3f0eda4ddb131c4f6e892c6.jpeg

Edited by Coral
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Coral said:

OK - went through my pics. I have a hard time believing this but it is Kirkland (Costco). Let me clarify - I don't remember if that was in my mini-bar setup or part of the 12 pack. My room steward took everything but the water in the mini bar setup. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a9585cfae3f0eda4ddb131c4f6e892c6.jpeg

You must be aware that you can purchase 40 bottles of Kirkland water for $3.99.  Of course you have to pay the dreaded crv fee.  🤑

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

What brand of waters do they have on the Crown in Alaska?  There is a specific reason why I am asking.  I already know the water is safe to drink onboard.  Stateroom Bottled Water Package $7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles

12 (500 ml) bottles of water conveniently delivered to the stateroom. Price includes service charge.

Pre-cruise exclusive

The brand can vary from week to week/sailing to sailing, even on a ship that takes on provisions in the same turnaround port each week.  Not uncommon for different bars on the same ship to have different brands of water at the same time.

I too have been served Kirkland (Costco brand) water at a cruise ship bar, either on Princess or Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we sailed out of the UK last year we had Tarka springs water from Devon, auk. Not a brand I’d heard of but the bottles were a nice size for taking out. I’m guessing it’s whatever they can get cheaply from the embarkation port.

20 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

Has anyone recently used the princess transfer from the airport to the hotel in Fort Lauderdale? I have read that in San Francisco and Vancouver, people were given taxi vouchers.  Has anyone experienced this in Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks

3 hours ago, justafem said:

We've had crystal glacier, kirkland, best value and a couple others I can't remember off the top of my head.  One time, there were no small bottles, so they substituted the HUGE bottles!

I too have seen various bands, most recently Kirkland when sailing our of Seattle. I always pre-order a 12pk of water (sometimes more if we do not have drink package). And I too was on a cruise once where they ran out of small water bottles on day 2 of a 5 day cruise and they handed out the big bottles for remainder of the cruise ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You must be aware that you can purchase 40 bottles of Kirkland water for $3.99.  Of course you have to pay the dreaded crv fee.  🤑

I guess I have never had Kirkland water. It has been awhile since I have gotten on a ship in North America.

I didn't know if I was going to Plus or not to Plus so at the last minute I bought the water. Then I bought the Plus on the ship

Once on the ship, I told the room steward he could take everything in the minibar setup except for the water in the refrigerator. I then added more water so it was cool. I never paid attention to the brand.

Well - I am glad that Princess is buying from a very economical place. I wonder what else they buy from Costco.

• Haha 1