How do I book a hotel through princess?

justafem

Hubs and I are thinking of going a day earlier if we fly.  We're only about 230 miles north of SF and usually drive but cost of flights fell to about the same as driving the day before. 

I've never seen hotels available through princess.  Can anyone tell me how to do this? 

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, justafem said:

Hubs and I are thinking of going a day earlier if we fly.  We're only about 230 miles north of SF and usually drive but cost of flights fell to about the same as driving the day before. 

I've never seen hotels available through princess.  Can anyone tell me how to do this? 

Thanks!

Don’t book a hotel through Princess unless you like to give away money. Book direct with a hotel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, justafem said:

Thanks!

If you need ideas on hotels to book on your own, which we do, check

out the West Coast forum.  
Here’s a link to SFO hotels.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justafem said:

Thanks!

May I ask why you don’t want to book the hotel yourself?  Princess does offer a transfer/hotel package, but it’s much more expensive and the hotels are not ones I would choose, usually in locations not very desirable.

• Like 1

You need to contact who you booked with.

I have booked hotels through Princess (and have been fine with the price) but they have mostly been in Europe. There are times in FLL where the price is the same or cheaper during peak times.

Not sure if I would do it in SFO but it is worth looking at both ways (independently and through the cruise line). The price is per person. Also, hotels through Princess do fill up quickly - especially in Europe.

The hotel prices that Princess shows on the website are only a guide.  When you call Princess, your TA or your CVP to book the hotel package, they will ask for your dates.  The price is per person and it might be higher or lower than what was listed on the website.  The more nights you book, usually the lower the price.  The price includes transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

The hotel prices that Princess shows on the website are only a guide.  When you call Princess, your TA or your CVP to book the hotel package, they will ask for your dates.  The price is per person and it might be higher or lower than what was listed on the website.  The more nights you book, usually the lower the price.  The price includes transfers from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship.

Yes - the 2nd and 3rd night hotel is usually quite a bit less. I have had good luck in Europe with their hotels.

• Thanks 1

I guess we are the "exception" to what everybody else is saying above. We very often book a pre-cruise package and *sometimes* even post-cruise. We like just sitting back and letting Princess handle all of the details of the stay and the transfer process to/from the hotel/airport/ship. Yes...it costs more. We just consider it part of the total cost of our trip. 

• Like 3

My answer to the OP is a question, "why would you want to book a hotel through Princess and pay more (sometimes double) what it would cost you to simply book your own hotel.  And, if you are considering driving to the port you might want to research some of the sites that offer hotel deals coupled with free or reduced parking!   I cannot speak to SF, but here on the east coast we can often get deals with pre or post cruise hotel and parking that is less costly than just booking the hotel!  There are several sites that specialize in these kind of deals.  Just Google something like "park cruise San Francisco" and you will get several hits.

Hank

• 1 month later...

For our European cruise next year, I checked decent hotels in Barcelona pre-cruise and the best I could find was at 105 €. To that I would have to add about 40 € per trip to and from our hotel. That would make it roughly 185 € which will probably change the closer we get to our cruise. On the Princess website, they have a hotel in Barcelona priced at $209 US which includes transfers. If I factor in the current exchange rates to compare the fares in CAD, we're looking at $271.95 for booking ourselves and $280.06 booking with Princess. If Princess keeps these rates, then I'd book with Princess. 

1 minute ago, HMSDingy said:

For our European cruise next year, I checked decent hotels in Barcelona pre-cruise and the best I could find was at 105 €. To that I would have to add about 40 € per trip to and from our hotel. That would make it roughly 185 € which will probably change the closer we get to our cruise. On the Princess website, they have a hotel in Barcelona priced at $209 US which includes transfers. If I factor in the current exchange rates to compare the fares in CAD, we're looking at $271.95 for booking ourselves and $280.06 booking with Princess. If Princess keeps these rates, then I'd book with Princess. 

make sure if you book thru P that is the room price or is it per person?

3 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

just be aware that princess hotel prices are "per person"....

3 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

just be aware that princess hotel prices are "per person"....

Then I'll go with booking on my own. I also find it ridiculous to price this way. Every time I've booked hotels, it's per room, rarely per person unless it's an all inclusive resort. 

I like to book my own, however, for a port like Rome I would book the package so as to get the transfer and not worry about doing it on my own.

Places like Barelona and Amsterdam one can book their own hotel and use taxies from the nearby airport.