Taxis/Train at Rotterdam Cruise Port

Hello Does anyone know if there will be taxis waiting after our cruise ends?  We need to get to the train station and don’t want to deal with a tram with all of our luggage.  The last time we finished a cruise in Rome it was not easy to get a taxi after the cruise. Luckily I had prearranged a transfer and was wondering if I should do that for Rotterdam. Also I am wondering if I should by a train ticket to Schipol  in advance or if it east to buy when we get to the train station.  Thank you in advance r assistance with this.

2 hours ago, aroy11462 said:

Hello Does anyone know if there will be taxis waiting after our cruise ends?  We need to get to the train station and don’t want to deal with a tram with all of our luggage.  The last time we finished a cruise in Rome it was not easy to get a taxi after the cruise. Luckily I had prearranged a transfer and was wondering if I should do that for Rotterdam. Also I am wondering if I should by a train ticket to Schipol  in advance or if it east to buy when we get to the train station.  Thank you in advance r assistance with this.

Yes, In Rotterdam taxi's will be waiting, but as you will understand waiting time depends upon the number of disembarking guests at your disembarkation time. Driving time to the Centraal Station will be 10? minutes. Price for a ticket to Schiphol: Normal Intercity € 13,77 (depends a little bit upon time and type of ticket) and Intercity Direct (in 25 minutes to Schiphol) is € 2,90 more.  It is possible to check in (and out at Schiphol) with your credit card. I do not know how the extra € 2,90 is handled and am very sorry I cannot find time to check this as we embark tomorrow morning in Rotterdam and I am packing.... LOL.  Anyway, enjoy your cruise and Rotterdam! 

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

The train to Schipol requires a 5.30 euro ticket. Buy it at the machines in the station.

That is from Amsterdam Centraal, not Rotterdam Centraal. 

18 hours ago, aroy11462 said:

Hello Does anyone know if there will be taxis waiting after our cruise ends?  We need to get to the train station and don’t want to deal with a tram with all of our luggage.

When there's a cruise calling the Rotterdam port, there's usually a line of taxis available. If all taken, walk in 1 minute to NH Hotel, where there's also a taxi stand. If that's also taken, walk 4min to the metro station Wilhelminaplein, which is the fastest way to Rotterdam Central station (around 7min). Tickets can be bought at the machines or online: https://tickets.ret.nl/#/tickets/2uur 

18 hours ago, aroy11462 said:

Also I am wondering if I should by a train ticket to Schipol  in advance or if it east to buy when we get to the train station.  Thank you in advance r assistance with this.

Train tickets can be bought in advance and downloaded on app/phone or print-out. "Intercity Direct" is the fastest train to Amsterdam Schiphol airport, 25min, 0 stops, runs around 3x per hour:
https://www.ns.nl/en/journeyplanner/#/?vertrek=Rotterdam Centraal&vertrektype=treinstation&aankomst=Schiphol Airport&aankomsttype=treinstation&type=vertrek&tijd=2023-06-11T10%3A54&firstMileModality=PUBLIC_TRANSPORT&lastMileModality=PUBLIC_TRANSPORT

Do check the https://www.ns.nl/en site on day of travel to see if there are any delays/strikes etc. 

Hope this helps!