Newbie follow-up questions

TopofWorld

Hi everyone again.

In continuance to my earlier post and the suggestion of a forum member, I am trying to see if the Plus package (includes wifi, crew appreciation, juices, and for us the occasional drink) cost-wise is better than paying as we go. I tried the Personalizer but could not find any information on wifi package cost (probably there, but too daft to find it). The suggestion was to add all individual items and see if I am close to the 60usd pppd. So:

1. What is the cost of a basic wifi package and how many minutes are alloted?

2. I booked through a TA. So, can I upgrade to the Plus through the Personalizer (again can not find that option), or only through my TA?

Apologies if my questions are too basic, but I am a bit of technology challenged.....

Thank you

16 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Hi everyone again.

In continuance to my earlier post and the suggestion of a forum member, I am trying to see if the Plus package (includes wifi, crew appreciation, juices, and for us the occasional drink) cost-wise is better than paying as we go. I tried the Personalizer but could not find any information on wifi package cost (probably there, but too daft to find it). The suggestion was to add all individual items and see if I am close to the 60usd pppd. So:

2. I booked through a TA. So, can I upgrade to the Plus through the Personalizer (again can not find that option), or only through my TA?

Apologies if my questions are too basic, but I am a bit of technology challenged.....

Thank you

Keep posting in your original post.  No need to keep starting new threads.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Hi everyone again.

Thank you

1. MedallionNet is unlimited and costs $15/day for a single device.  $40/day for up to 4 devices.  You can actually use as many different devices as you want, but can only connect one at a time or up to 4 on the other plan at a time.

2.  If you are booked thru a TA, you must upgrade to PLUS with them.  OR, you can wait until you board the ship and booked it there, charged to room account.  If adding it with TA, ask them if they will give you a discount.  Otherwise, I would just book it on board.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

If you have the time, I would encourage you to take a look in the following thread about Princess Plus - lots of insights and discussion: 

Wifi packages are not allocated by minutes or memory anymore. They are mainly allocated by devices, although you can buy a 1-day wifi package if needed once onboard (not that you can't also buy a cruise-long wifi package onboard either).

In my opinion, your TA should be your main resource for everything, to be honest. They should be sharing with you any resources they have to help you get a flow of what Princess offers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Hi everyone again.

Thank you

Crew Appreciation is $16/pp/day.  MedallionNet is $15/pp/day.  $31 accounted for.  That leaves $29 for bar charges.  Deduct the 18% bar gratuity and you are down to $24.50 in menu pricing for drinks.

All you need now is to estimate what type and quantity of drinks you will order and consume per day (you van break it up for port days and at sea days if you wish).  You need an approximate menu cost for those beverages and then add up and see if comes to $24.50/pp/day or more and your decision is made.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Crew Appreciation is $16/pp/day.  MedallionNet is $15/pp/day.  $31 accounted for.  That leaves $29 for bar charges.  Deduct the 18% bar gratuity and you are down to $24.50 in menu pricing for drinks.

All you need now is to estimate what type and quantity of drinks you will order and consume per day (you van break it up for port days and at sea days if you wish).  You need an approximate menu cost for those beverages and then add up and see if comes to $24.50/pp/day or more and your decision is made.

My turn:  😊 

$16/pp/day if you are in a inside, oceanview, or balcony categories.

$17/pp/day if you are in a mini-suite or Reserve Collection.

$18/pp/day if you are in a suite.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

$24.50/pp/day

Mixed drinks such as a margarita are around $10/$11. Wines maybe $12 & up. For wines or any drink over the $15 plus limit you are charged the difference plus 18%. Not many drinks are over $15. Beers maybe $5/6. Espresso drinks in the $5 range. Sodas $2/3. Juices? It does not take much to reach $24.50/pp. 

To me it is comfortable to know that I can order just about anything I want and don't have to worry about it. Maybe I'm paying for comfort rather than working it out to the nearest dollar. If you have lots of OBC no frills or purchasing on board on the 1st day may be the way to go.

Just thought I would add. As a new Princess customer I would like to mention that OBC is available to active and military vets through the military benefit. OBC is also available to Carnival shareholders that hold a minimum of 100 shares in any account. You can look up these benefits on line. 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 12:09 PM, snoozecrooze said:

If you have the time, I would encourage you to take a look in the following thread about Princess Plus - lots of insights and discussion: 

Wifi packages are not allocated by minutes or memory anymore. They are mainly allocated by devices, although you can buy a 1-day wifi package if needed once onboard (not that you can't also buy a cruise-long wifi package onboard either).

In my opinion, your TA should be your main resource for everything, to be honest. They should be sharing with you any resources they have to help you get a flow of what Princess offers.

As the OP in this post I just want to reiterate that for us, the big deterrent was that BOTH of us HAD to buy the Plus.

Only I drink; hubby pretty much a teetotaller.

We did not want/ need TWO free wifis. I only bought one End of Cruise package to check in for return flights.

So the ONLY part of $60 USD / day Plus hubby would use is the $16 USD/ day gratuities. 

When both in the cabin MUST upsize it’s not worth it when only one will use.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, remydiva said:

As the OP in this post I just want to reiterate that for us, the big deterrent was that BOTH of us HAD to buy the Plus.

Only I drink; hubby pretty much a teetotaller.

We did not want/ need TWO free wifis. I only bought one End of Cruise package to check in for return flights.

So the ONLY part of $60 USD / day Plus hubby would use is the $16 USD/ day gratuities. 

When both in the cabin MUST upsize it’s not worth it when only one will use.

Yep. This is extra annoying if you have kids who can't drink at all, but still need to pay for them to have the Plus. We've never done it before, in 10 cruises... but for our upcoming Japan cruise it was like $4 more for the entire run so we gave it a shot. We'll be able to definitively say whether it improves our experience and what price we'd put on it around about the first week of August, when we're back. (But my husband is already looking forward to hitting at $24.50 per day in fancy coffees alone...)