New Regent Catalog.

Just received in the mail — Regent March 2025 — May 2026 cruise catalog. But something is missing — the prices. Do they think that if we are past Regent cruisers price doesn’t matter? Well it really does. Regent has been pushing the limit on prices for us, and  sending us a catalogue with no prices does not motivate us at all. I found one we liked in May, 2026, but how can we be expected to book three years out with no prices? I don’t think so.

9 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Just received in the mail — Regent March 2025 — May 2026 cruise catalog. But something is missing — the prices. Do they think that if we are past Regent cruisers price doesn’t matter? Well it really does. Regent has been pushing the limit on prices for us, and  sending us a catalogue with no prices does not motivate us at all. I found one we liked in May, 2026, but how can we be expected to book three years out with no prices? I don’t think so.

Maybe it's "if you have to ask the price you can't afford the cruise." 😜

In all likelihood  they are not posting prices in the catalog as they could easily be higher when you go to book due to rapidly increasing price of air, hotels, etc.  But as Taxer said, if you go on line the prices show up. 

Edited by papaflamingo

In the past, Regent took a lot of flak from people because the book prices changed by the time they went to deposit a cruise. People complained that they should honor the printed prices. Now people are complaining that you have to look up the prices online. They aren't hiding the prices - they are getting more life out of their very expensive cruise books. You can ask your TA for prices, you can call Regent for prices or you can look them up online. If I was Regent, I would have done the same thing...better people complain they have to take another step than complain about a Bait and Switch on the part of Regent when prices change.

• Like 6

The money cruise lines spend on catalogs is outrageous. We live in Cyprus but have a holiday home in the UK, when we go back we can count 20 to 25 catalogs on our mat, every single one goes in the waste bin. I have sent them back undelivered, telephoned the companies and still they come, not as many but they still arrive. What a complete waste of paper, time and money.  

I have always kept the old books to see the progression of prices; I guess now I can throw away the old one once anew one comes out (of course having historical books also lets you see changes in itineraries).

Marc

• Like 2

Yes, the cruises were a bit too far in the future to allow pricing. I understand that. I just thought it strange to send out an expensive cruise catalog missing one important detail. And I did see a cruise that interested me, but it was three years out. Some of us don’t like to book that far in advance, due to our age.

Like the rest of us I’m sure, we get many smaller mailings from Regent for upcoming cruises, and the “from” price is included (and sometimes even upgraded suite prices).   I like getting those. A few years ago, one of those mailings had a cruise shown with an itinerary we really liked for a price structure we liked, so we booked it. It was probably the best cruise we ever took. But we realize that  Regent is being hit by rising and unstable air and hotel prices which causes some of us pause on the total price. In fact, I have read here that Regent has been forced to change the embarkation (and disembarkation) ports on some cruises from Barbados to Puerto Rico due to air and hotel costs and unavailability for Barbados. We understand this. Right before the pandemic shut down, we had booked a British Isles cruise on another line that didn’t have included air and hotel. But when we tried to book the air, we found that decent air was twice the cost of the cruise! So we cancelled the whole thing. We understand that if we consider a Regent cruise and balk at the price, the problem is likely the fault of the airline and hotel industry, and not that of Regent.

• Like 1

Yes, we understand why full details on pricing wasn’t included in the 25 - 26 catalog. It just shocked us on first reading that pricing wasn’t included. But we understand, and probably we should have not posted this thread.

• Like 1

I love that they posted a cruise through the Kiel Canal. We got to do this on Holland America's Prinsendam one year and really enjoyed it. All along the banks, families and towns came out to see us or have BBQ's. So few cruise liners can fit there anymore