Aruba Eagle beach

wwwcruisers

It is walkable, but it is a really long walk. 

As you get off the ship (or through the local vendor area, I can’t remember) there will be people there offering rides to Eagle Beach, but you will have to wait until they fill their vehicle (open air safari truck type thing).

There are taxis that can take you.  Some will take a card, otherwise US cash is fine. Some will offer to pick you back up at a particular time, but keep in mind they will not want you to be wet and sandy.

The local bus system is also really reliable and the terminal is not far from the port.  You can pay per trip (2.50), buy a retour card (round trip) or an all day pass for $10.

There are vendors at Eagle Beach that rent chairs or you can bring your own. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 8:17 PM, wwwcruisers said:

Does anyone know the best way to get to Eagle Beach from the ship in Aruba? Can you walk to it?

I've been to the beach you are referring to many times. I love Eagle Beach I really enjoy the beach the water the vibe and Amsterdam Manor. I've said this before the Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar is one of the best true beach bars in the southern Caribbean.

When you walk out of the port walk across the street buy a ticket $1.50 on the city bus. They'll show you everything.  

There's a bus stop Right beside the beach. Drops you off at the beach picks you up at the beach. Only way to get around on Aruba is public transportation.  Cheap reliable safe picks you up and drops you off at the port. 

Get back a few minutes early and hit Iguana Joe's best restaurant at the port a crew favorite. Can't miss it.  Best Bloody Mary's on the island.  Great food too.

Good luck and have fun.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2023 at 7:17 PM, wwwcruisers said:

Does anyone know the best way to get to Eagle Beach from the ship in Aruba? Can you walk to it?

It is possible to walk to Eagle Beach.  But, very few cruisers would even consider doing the walk!

According to Google Maps, the walk takes approximately an hour (each way).

We have walked it several times, to get both sight-seeing and exercise.

4 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

It is possible to walk to Eagle Beach.  But, very few cruisers would even consider doing the walk!

According to Google Maps, the walk takes approximately an hour (each way).

We have walked it several times, to get both sight-seeing and exercise.

Exercise?? From the port to Eagle Beach is a long hot walk. I've always used the public transportation on Aruba always a winner and very affordable.