Boarding on Embarkation Day

PrincessPatti

Good day:

Is there any specific order for boarding on embarkation day?  I usually cruise Carnival, and their order is:

weddings

diamonds and suites

platinum

FTTF

and then they start calling zones

Just wondering if Princess follows the same rule.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, PrincessPatti said:

Good day:

Is there any specific order for boarding on embarkation day?  I usually cruise Carnival, and their order is:

weddings

diamonds and suites

platinum

FTTF

Thanks in advance.

Suites/Elites/Platinum 

Boarding groups given in order of arrival.

55 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

In-transit passengers are called first.

I forgot about us. 😂  I seem to be in that crowd a lot.

Actually with in transit:

Wheelchairs

Suites/Elite/Platinum

all the rest of in transits.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

Okay, having a senior moment, what is an in-transit passenger?

That would be a passenger on a back to back cruise.  Sailed on the previous cruise and staying on for the next cruise.

In-transit passengers are given a card to reboard if they did not remain onboard for the turnaround procedure.

This fall we have a B2B2B so it will be our first "in transit" experience. We have a 14 day, a 4 day, and a 14 day all in the same Caribe deck balcony on Grand Princess. Our "in transit" port will be Melbourne, Australia and we will likely disembark and check out the town each time and (maybe) buy some wine for the cabin. We're booked with Princess Plus which makes in-room wine a bit less important.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PrincessPatti said:

Good day:

weddings

diamonds and suites

platinum

FTTF

Thanks in advance.

The order is only of relevance for those guests who have arrived and are checked in prior to the start of general boarding.  See my correction to the below.

16 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Suites/Elites/Platinum 

Boarding groups given in order of arrival.

15 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I forgot about us. 😂  I seem to be in that crowd a lot.

Actually with in transit:

Wheelchairs

Suites/Elite/Platinum

all the rest of in transits.

I have an update.

1. Have not seen a wedding party in years, but I suppose they would get an early pass.  This would be for a wedding ceremony being performed that day early on.
  2. Wheelchairs.
  3. Suites and Elites are called together with no distinguishment other than group number.
  4. Platinums follow.  Also, Club/Reserve Class Mini's should be in this group if not Elite.

As various guests check-in, they are given group cards (usually letters).  Elites and Suites will begin A, B.  Platinums first letter will be a little further down the alphabet (at least this is the way it should be working).  

We have only been in-transit once from FLL (several other times outside North America meant nothing special on turnaround day).  The in-transit group was homogeneously treated, but I will admit this was some years back (perhaps Fall 2019?).  Perhaps if the group is very large, they sort them out?  Not heard of this before.  (Our friends have done several FLL turnarounds and never mentioned such a thing although I think they often leave the ship and return later).

ETA:  TBH, I don't see why it would be necessary to prioritize return to the ship after clearing US CBP because anything a guest would be rushing on to arrange could have been done the day before or prior to heading off for CBP inspection.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This fall we have a B2B2B so it will be our first "in transit" experience. We have a 14 day, a 4 day, and a 14 day all in the same Caribe deck balcony on Grand Princess. Our "in transit" port will be Melbourne, Australia and we will likely disembark and check out the town each time and (maybe) buy some wine for the cabin. We're booked with Princess Plus which makes in-room wine a bit less important.

It will be just another port day.  If I was on there with you, I'd be ready to have you bring a couple on for me (and pay you of course!).  😉

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

It will be just another port day.  If I was on there with you, I'd be ready to have you bring a couple on for me (and pay you of course!).  😉

That would be a good plan. As long as somebody paid for the wine I wouldn't mind picking it up for them. If you were on the cruise I would be happy to oblige. The one time we treated one of our sons to a BVE as a thank you for driving us to the port we weren't clever enough to have him bring on "his" bottle of wine for us to have on the cruise. The things one learns from CC...

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been intransite several times.  There are times when I don't want to go into port and those that I do.

Never jumped off and was back soon enough to have to go through boarding times!  I used the time in port and got back an hour or so before sail away. 

Princess is so much easier to board than carnival!