Observations from our Sojourn cruise May 27-June 6

cruiseej

We were recently aboard the Sojourn for a 10-day cruise from Barcelona to Monte Carlo, May 27-June 6. It was my goal to try to pick up on @shark b8's excellent on-board commentary, but I was so busy enjoying the trip that I didn’t have time to post much while we were onboard — so I’m posting now to offer few reflections and random observations on the cruise. This post is aimed primarily at past Seabourn cruisers who, like me, read somewhat regular posts here or on the FB forums about various things which have declined or are slipping. I’m not going to do a detailed review of the ship, nor a daily travelogue, but I’d be happy to answer any questions.

This was our third post-Covid cruise with Seabourn. The other two had been in the Caribbean, the first of which had only 130 passengers aboard, and the second with a half-full ship. This cruise was a completely sold-out. We had enjoyed immensely the “private yacht” cruise shortly after cruising began, but it didn’t quite feel like normal because the ship has been so empty. This cruise felt completely normal, and with one small exception, having a full ship didn’t cause any problems.

All aboard. Our cruise began as the World Cruise travelers (mostly) departed in Barcelona. Seabourn had sent an email that boarding wouldn’t begin until 1 pm, undoubtedly due to the large turnover in passengers, luggage, crew, and supplies. We arrived at the cruise terminal — after passing a Disney ship where passengers were queued outside the terminal and wrapped around the outside of the building! — shortly after 1 pm and had our luggage promptly checked in and our boarding passes issued. No one asked to see our pre-printed boarding passes (which I continue to print on the off-chance that we’re asked to see them one day!) It couldn’t have been more than two minutes until we were on the escalator up to the waiting area. A staff member gave us a small paper boarding group number; we were group 8, and waited perhaps 10 minutes until called to board the ship. We stopped in our suite for a few seconds to drop our carry-ons and went to the Colonnade, where we secured two tables on the back deck and happily settled into cruise mode after several active days in Barcelona. We were traveling with 5 other couples, which we’ve never done before on a cruise, and I’m happy to say our large group was not an issue for any aspect of the cruise. (Well, some of our fellow passengers didn’t seem too happy with us when we won at trivia twice in a row, so we stayed away after that!)

The captain came on the PA system to inform us we’d be departing an hour late because supply loading was taking a long time, but that it wouldn’t affect us arriving on time at our next port. We watched from Deck 9 as the local handlers worked to load pallet after pallet of supplies aboard. As the Hotel Director remarked while we were observing, the ship was “basically empty” after the World Cruise and its last segment sailing up from South Africa. As the clock advanced, more and more Seabourn crew members, from deck staff to senior officers, appeared on the dock to help with loading. We gasped a little when one of the manual pallet jacks got stuck — there were 50 cases of Prosecco at risk! — then we cheered when someone cut the shrink wrap and the crew members formed a bucket brigade to pass each case down the line and onto the ship. About two hours after our scheduled departure, the last pallet was loaded onboard and we finally slipped away from Barcelona.

Fine dining it was. That first night in the Restaurant was our one meal where things didn’t go quite well. We were seated at two tables of 6 but then no one came to take our orders for a long time. Bread never arrived. Wine glasses ran empty (oh, the horror!). But we understood the turnover day was taxing on the staff and hoped things would calm down going forward — which they did. With some of our friends new to Seabourn, we hoped they wouldn’t form any negative impressions from the off-kilter service. As the restaurant manager said to me the next day, “the Restaurant staff was tested mightily, to the breaking point, the first night.” By Day 3, one of our friends said, “yup, we’re sold on Seabourn; everything is fantastic!”

After that, things settled in and it was a Seabourn cruise with all the nice touches, excellent service, and incredibly friendly crew we’ve loved in the past.

Our first day, I had gone with a few friends to the Thomas Keller Grill to see what they could do to get us in. We had tried booking online months ago, but the best we could cobble together was three tables of four on different nights. Within a few minutes, the manager was able to secure us the one table which can seat 8, and an adjoining table for 4 on the same night — better than I expected. For the Restaurant, although someone told me the first night that they didn’t hold tables, by Night 2, two adjoining tables of 6 had a small “reserved” sign on them, and a reservation showed up for us in The Source every day. Perfect! We played musical chairs each night to rotate who ate with whom, and by Night 3, the manager said those tables were ours and we didn’t even have to check in at the desk, we could just sit whenever we arrived. More perfect! Oh, and we had the pleasure of having Fabian serve us nightly; he was friendly, funny, knowledgeable about the food on offer, and on top of his game even on nights when the Restaurant was nearly full and it was clear the staff was hustling. One member of our group has significant food limitations, and each night he would quietly meet with her to go over how they could tailor that night’s food to meet her needs; she was delighted. Most perfect!

I won’t go through each meal, but our food was uniformly great — and nothing I’d consider to be a step back from past cruises, pre- or post-Covid. Because the food and service was so rock-solid, we didn’t venture away from the Restaurant other than our one night the the TK Grill. Towards the end of the cruise, one night was the Chef’s dinner, with limited choices of a multi-course menu. I read the menu in advance and it didn’t wow me, but I have to say this was one of the best meals we’ve ever had on a ship; an unexpectedly excellent dinner experience.

Oh, I know the subject of The Restaurant being open for breakfast and lunch is of interest to some… On our cruise it was closed 9 out of 10 days, and open for breakfast and lunch only on our one sea day. It was a port-intensive Mediterranean cruise, so I understand not opening the Restaurant to serve what is likely to be only a handful of people on days when many/most people are off the ship and/or want to eat outside. But I know this bothers some cruisers who do not like the Colonnade or Patio for breakfast and lunch.

About those breadsticks… As others have reported, the breadsticks are not made the same as they used to be. They’re still good. Just not as addictively great as the old recipe. Also as previously reported, the much-loved Grandma’s Cake was absent from Seabourn Square. Nonetheless, I did not have any problem satisfying my sweet tooth on the occasions I wanted a snack. Several in our group went from lunch to the Square daily because they liked the baked goods in the Square more than the Colonnade or Patio selections. Ain’t it grand to have choices!

A whine about wine. The one knock on the food & beverage service would be the included wines, and particularly the red wines. There was a preponderance of South African wines served (white and red); I don’t know if they were using up what they had purchased when the ship was in South Africa a few weeks earlier or because SA wines offer them best value at the moment. We’re all wine enthusiasts, but not to the degree that we bring our own wines or even buy nightly from the reserve list. We’ve always been able to find palatable wines on the included list. Most of the included wines seemed to be bottles we could buy in the US for $9-$15. This isn’t suddenly new; things have been trending this way for years. But it’s not good for a cruise line which touts its included “fine wines.” One of the two areas I’d most encourage Seabourn’s new president to improve is the level of included wines. Everyone in our group agreed that if there was a way to have a slightly better wine package — $20 wines instead of $10 wines — we’d jump at the chance to pay a little extra for that; more practically, if Seabourn increased the cost of its cruises by $5 to $10 per person per day and put that money into better included wines, it would make a marked difference.

Hark the Herald… Seabourn has experimented with doing away with the printed Herald delivered to each room every evening. I guess they got enough complaints about it that the printed Herald was back, without any need to request it. It’s in a smaller format than before, so it’s half the paper it used to be, but that seems a fair compromise to me; it had the information we needed — daily activities and restaurant/bar hours — in a format I think most cruisers prefer to The Source app. (But the USA/England/Australia News flyers each morning are gone for good.) 

While I'm on communication, I should mention that Internet service seemed remarkably… not bad. While links to a few websites didn't work, overall speed in checking email and reading websites was quite acceptable, and better than many prior cruises. Some of our friends used WhatsApp and FaceTime for calls and didn't experience problems. I don't know if they have improved bandwidth, or if the Mediterranean is just a sweet spot for their Internet service, but it was a non-issue during this cruise even though the ship was full. Now if only they'd get rid of the one-device rule so I didn't have to click to connect each time I switched between my phone and my laptop, things would be grand. (Yes, I know you can buy this for a hefty fee.) 

We don’t need no stinking’ tickets.  We did several Seabourn excursions, and several with private guides. Longtime Seabourn cruisers may recall that you used to get excursion tickets in your suite and/or at their Destinations desk. That went away a few years ago as they pushed everyone to use The Source app for up-to-date bar-coded electronic tickets. Some people complained about not wanting to carry or use their phones or tablets when going ashore, and I guess Seabourn adjusted, because we were never asked to see our tickets (in the app) on any of our tours. For the tendering ports, we checked in at the theater as in the past, and once our names were checked off the list, that was all that was needed. Even in one of the ports where we were docked, we just got on our assigned bus, the guide counted that we had the correct number of people, and off we went. (It may not be that way in every port for every excursion; I’m just reporting on our experience.)

That’s entertainment? My second wish for the new Seabourn president would be to reverse the decision to eliminate the trio and replace them with a DJ. In the Club at night, and on deck for one or two events, we had a DJ where the trio would have once performed. No insult to any DJs out there, but I can listen to recorded music every day; when I come aboard a Seabourn ship, we love having live music, and this change has cut that down. To be sure, the Seabourn band is still alive and kicking, accompanying the shows by the staff singers and dancers as well as some guest performers, and performing in the Club late at night. Yay! We love listening to musicians perform live music. We just wish the change to DJ’s would be reversed, and they’d go back to a trio for additional music onboard. I understand the economics — it’s one person to pay and house and feed instead of three, and DJs might even get paid a little less — but this is a cutback we felt, and regret.

That said, the singers and dancers and the live band were up to their usual excellent standards. I was pleased that two of the three production shows were new to us. (Yes, jolly old Sir Tim Rice is still kicking around, in a third version of the show of his music; we missed that show because it was packing night, so I can’t comment on whether it felt truly refreshed or not.)

Oh captain, my captain! The senior staff onboard was uniformly great. Perhaps this was because of a carryover from the end of the World Cruise, or perhaps because Seabourn doesn’t have many duds. The captain was Hamish Elliott, who was personable and out-and-about quite a bit. The Hotel Director was Harry Ter Horst, and he seemed to be everything everywhere all at once. If we were leaving for an excursion, he was at the gangway; at events on deck, he was always present; at the theater before or after shows, there he was. And I could say the same for our Cruise, er, Entertainment Director Jan Stearman. (Yes, Seabourn inexplicably made a change at the start of this month to eliminate the titles of Cruise Director and Assistant Cruise Director and replace them with “Entertainment Director” and “Entertainment Manager”; why they considered this necessary/desirable/good thing is beyond me.) I know she’s a longtime Seabourn veteran who goes back to the beginning of the cruise line, but this was our first time sailing with her. Her somewhat loose and carefree style suited us nicely. And I don’t want to forget Executive chef Karl Duffel, who stopped by our table a few nights and led us on a galley tour; he seemed to have his staff humming at a very high level (which reminded me, in a lower-key way, of the long-departed Chef Jess, who impressed us on our first Seabourn cruise).

“No member of a crew is praised for the rugged individuality of his rowing.” The crew of Sojourn, as is true of most Seabourn cruises, works like a well-oiled machine. A happy well-oiled machine. From the deck staff getting us on and off the tenders, to the unseen laundry workers who produce the most beautiful laundry at sea, to the ever-present always-cheerful and efficient room attendants, to the smiling front-of-house servers and bartenders, anyone who is a repeat Seabourn cruiser knows it’s the crew that makes Seabourn shine. I won’t list a bunch of names here (we did on our evaluation), but we had no disappointments on this cruise.

Speaking of evaluations, I’d note that there seem to no longer be mid-cruise evaluations to fill out and return. Instead, there is a Feedback tab on The Source app, and passengers are encouraged to submit feedback (good or bad) contemporaneously during a cruise rather than waiting for a fixed point in time to seek feedback. That seems like a good idea, assuming people use it. We had no complaints or suggestions for in-cruise adjustments, so we never submitted any feedback except in our post-cruise survey.

To sum up, we had an excellent cruise. Our friends who have cruised with Seabourn before and those who were newbies were all happy. A few things have changed, but our three Seabourn experiences since summer 2021 don’t have us feeling that standards are significantly declining (except the two issues noted above). And we can’t wait to be back on our next Seabourn cruise. Well, we have a Regent cruise (first in a decade plus) coming up late summer, and a Silversea expedition cruise early next summer — but the onboard offer of 35% off any expedition cruise (!!) was too good to resist, so we added a booking late-summer next year to try to Venture in Greenland and Canada.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

That’s entertainment? My second wish for the new Seabourn president would be to reverse the decision to eliminate the trio and replace them with a DJ.

Thank you for your review. It makes waiting for my Sojourn cruise later this year a little bit harder but I will resist wishing time away.

I am disappointed to hear about this change in entertainment. On our cruise on Quest earlier this year we enjoyed pre dinner going to the Club to listen to the trio. Hopefully this change will be short lived.

I think the DJ is here to stay.  The purpose is to 'modernize' the music for the younger crowd.  According to Handre the cost of the DJ is similar to the trio. 

Could you request songs for the DJ to play via the app in the Club?  The club was supposed to get technological improvements in addition to this new music option. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed "The Club" almost every evening during the 140 nights of the World Cruise.  The entertainers were talented and cordial which made the venue especially nice.

My guess is my new destination in the evening will be the Observation bar to enjoy live music .

There is always the possibility SB will switch to live music in The Club for the 2024 world cruise (or sooner) which would make many of us very happy.

12 hours ago, cruiseej said:

(which reminded me, in a lower-key way, of the long-departed Chef Jess, who impressed us on our first Seabourn cruise).

Thanks for your review!  Chef Jes was the Chef on our very first Seabourn Cruise in February this year on the Encore.  Brilliant guy - we did "shopping with the chef" with him in the Philippines.  I assume it is the same guy?  I told him I loved Tutti Frutti ice-cream - that night it was delivered to our table!  His enthusiasm was absolutely infectious. 😁

We were on the first cruise to Monte Carlo and have continued on to Barcelona where we disembark on Friday….I endorse everything cruiseej has mentioned and can say the wine improved dramatically after we secured Tryells Margret River Cabernet Sauvignon after 3 days and for the rest of the cruise enjoyed D’Arenberg The Stump Jump….as a former wine retailer I could easily put together a wine list with a price point of under $20AUD that would be 100% better than anything Seabourn has as complimentary….But the real highlight of Seabourn on this cruise has been the staff who are absolutely brilliant from the suite attendants to the servers to the senior staff….all have a wonderful sense of humour that spills over onto the whole ship….needless to say we’re booked on Sojourn next July and booked a future trip whilst onboard for 2025…..sad to be leaving after 20 wonderful days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, texanaust said:

I think the DJ is here to stay.  The purpose is to 'modernize' the music for the younger crowd.  

Well, that's baloney Handre is peddling. The band or the trio can be directed to play more "modern" music, and or music in more modern styles. (I had a drinking game with my wife that required a drink when they played The Girl From Ipanema or Beseame Mucho. 🤣) A trio can play music by any singer songwriter from James Taylor to Ed Sheeran. It's not disco music, which is mostly what the DJ seemed to play, but it can certainly be modern/more contemporary music.

According to Handre the cost of the DJ is similar to the trio. 

That seems like baloney, too. Are we really supposed to believe that a DJ gets paid the same as three musicians (plus the cost of an extra cabin and food for two additional people)? That doesn't pass a simple logic test.

The club was supposed to get technological improvements in addition to this new music option. 

I don't know if there were technical improvements. The music the DJ played was much louder, which drove us over behind the glass and closer to the bar and made conversation more difficult. But if there were other "improvements" they were lost on me. One time when the room was pretty empty and the DJ wasn't there, I went over to the jukebox machine and punched in a few requests (rock and roll!) ; a little later, a waiter came over to apologize that the system was set to pay from the DJ's computer instead of the jukebox. We spent less time in the Club than we ever have on any prior Seabourn cruise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruiseej said:

We spent less time in the Club than we ever have on any prior Seabourn cruise. 

That makes me sad. I got a letter from our new Seabourn President yesterday noting some changes and wanting feedback re other ideas. I wasn't planning to send anything but now I will saying this is not sounding good re the DJ. If it is a problem on our upcoming cruise in a few months she and Handre will hear from me. Not that it will probably do much but it least I can vent.

I find the Obs Bar too busy pre-dinner and prefer to leave it to those who enjoy it. We tend to go there post dinner.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

find the Obs Bar too busy pre-dinner and prefer to leave it to those who enjoy it. We tend to go there post dinner.

fully concur…occasionally we’ve found the Obs bar less busy on some nights!

Nancy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, frantic36 said:

I find the Obs Bar too busy pre-dinner and prefer to leave it to those who enjoy it.

Yes, it tends to be busy and louder. For some reason, I enjoy that energy, so we often go there pre-dinner.

There is a guitar player in the Club at that time (rather than the former trio). The DJ comes in later, and also replaces the trio for some of the poolside events. 

You are fortunate to be sailing with the most personable Captain who we have had the absolute pleasure to travel with on three of our several cruises in the past 20+ years of sailing SB.  And his wife is an absolute delight.  

Edited by Hobar
Grammar
  • Like 1

We saw, but did not interact with the captain's wife. But we were very impressed with Captain Elliott. He was out and about a number of times, and he would stop and talk. His announcements from the bridge were concise and informative. He is indeed personable and a pleasure to sail with. We hope to sail with him again in the future. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

We saw, but did not interact with the captain's wife. But we were very impressed with Captain Elliott. He was out and about a number of times, and he would stop and talk. His announcements from the bridge were concise and informative. He is indeed personable and a pleasure to sail with. We hope to sail with him again in the future. 

He is a delightful man. He was quieter and engaged less when we first met him a number of years ago but that was early in his career with Seabourn but has become more confident and outgoing. We have 3 cruises on Sojourn in the next year and are hoping to sail with Hamish and his lovely wife Gail for at least one of them.

• Like 1

Quote: "As the Hotel Director remarked while we were observing, the ship was “basically empty” after the World Cruise and its last segment sailing up from South Africa."

Sounds like Harry didn't happen to mention that the ship was "basically empty" for MUCH of the WC! Seems more like he was saying it was us WCruisers that had emptied it! I can assure you that was NOT the situation onboard. We ran out of soooooooo many things, both in food and drink. And this wasn't just towards the end, this was the entire World Cruise. Many people went out and bought their own wine when they could. Beer drinkers just gave up..... we asked at Port after Port if there were deliveries of beer arriving, nope, just excuses. I had been doing a "Cocktail Challenge" on this WC....trying, photographing and posting pics of all sorts of cocktails......had to give up after a couple of Segments as there were too many in ingredients missing. Imagine cocktails that are supposed to have Baileys in them, minus the Baileys cos they don't have any....or cocktails that were supposed to have chocolate liquor being replaced by chocolate syrup used on icecream.....after me "complaining" for weeks about the lack of Baileys, surprise surprise, they just happened to find a carton in the store!! I really wouldn't listen to "excuses" that you were given. We were NOT a full ship for the entire WC, there really was little excuse for such shortage of supplies.....

• Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 10:46 AM, frantic36 said:

Thank you for your review. It makes waiting for my Sojourn cruise later this year a little bit harder but I will resist wishing time away.

I am disappointed to hear about this change in entertainment. On our cruise on Quest earlier this year we enjoyed pre dinner going to the Club to listen to the trio. Hopefully this change will be short lived.

Trios and Quartets are only going to be on World and Grand cruises from now on. If you look at most itineraries now they are made up of 7 dayers, either by themselves or back to back 7 dayers, making up to 21 days, BUT they are still 7 dayers. THAT is the excuse they are using for not having Live Music. "Not worthwhile hiring Trios etc for just 7 day cruises"......exact words used......

So trios and quartets do not do contracts, thus staying on the ship for several cruises or even months?  Maybe that is the case, but different from other entertainers apart from 'acts' who just come on board for a few days.

30 minutes ago, lincslady said:

So trios and quartets do not do contracts, thus staying on the ship for several cruises or even months?  Maybe that is the case, but different from other entertainers apart from 'acts' who just come on board for a few days.

The trios did have contracts.  That is why the change did not take place last year.  Personally I am in favour of the DJ as the trio on our last cruise could not/would not play anything past the era of 'Girl from Ipanema.'  

In regards to the Club entertainment changing, there should also be an electric guitarist from what I was told.  So that would be two people versus the trio.  Also the aim was to remake the Club into the ship's lively entertainment venue whereas the Observation bar is where more sedate music would be played.  The DJ should also take some of the pressure off the CD's like Ross who were becoming the default DJ out on the rear deck behind the club.   

So, it obviously depends on how good the entertainers are, I would guess.  I have usually been lucky, in having had a piano/singer in the Observation Bar of a good standard, sometimes excellent, and a duo/trio in the Club, ditto, as well as the band etc.  A DJ would obviously be an improvement on a duff performer!   But, I hazard a guess as cheaper to employ as well, which could swing it for Seabourn.

11 hours ago, 2seabournsailors said:

Trios and Quartets are only going to be on World and Grand cruises from now on. If you look at most itineraries now they are made up of 7 dayers, either by themselves or back to back 7 dayers, making up to 21 days, BUT they are still 7 dayers. THAT is the excuse they are using for not having Live Music. "Not worthwhile hiring Trios etc for just 7 day cruises"

Well, they're really twisting things if that's the justification! As noted, the trios had contracts for months at a time, just like other performers and crew, so I don't see what the length of the cruise segments have to do with it. Was Handre saying that people who cruise for only 7 days don't care about having live music? And what about all the people who do 2 or 3 back-to-back 7-day segments; why don't they deserve live music? I've never met Handre, but if he's the one who made this decision, I think he made the wrong call.

All I can say is that we just got off a 10-day cruise, we missed the trio, and we didn't enjoy the DJ. While I applaud flushing the "Girl from Ipanema"-era focus, we're not disco fans either, and the DJ played almost all disco music — loud! — in the Club when we were there. (We've never had Ross as a CD, and there hasn't been partying on the deck behind the Club on the cruises we've been on.) If they're trying to cater to a younger generation of travelers, those like us — in our mid-60s — are probably in the sweet spot…and we don't all love disco!  There's a lot of other music (rock, country, singer-songwriter) from the 70's, 80's 90's and today which not "sedate", is more to our liking, and is certainly viable for a trio. They could simply direct the trios to update their playlists without tossing them entirely.

I realize this is the decision they made a few months ago. Our initial impression of this change was negative, and now that we've experienced it on a cruise, it's still negative. So that's the feedback we gave to Seabourn, and we hope someone in management — perhaps someone other than Handre — will receive that feedback and decide to make further changes.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 3:27 PM, pyffii said:

We were on the first cruise to Monte Carlo and have continued on to Barcelona where we disembark on Friday….I endorse everything cruiseej has mentioned and can say the wine improved dramatically after we secured Tryells Margret River Cabernet Sauvignon after 3 days and for the rest of the cruise enjoyed D’Arenberg The Stump Jump….as a former wine retailer I could easily put together a wine list with a price point of under $20AUD that would be 100% better than anything Seabourn has as complimentary….But the real highlight of Seabourn on this cruise has been the staff who are absolutely brilliant from the suite attendants to the servers to the senior staff….all have a wonderful sense of humour that spills over onto the whole ship….needless to say we’re booked on Sojourn next July and booked a future trip whilst onboard for 2025…..sad to be leaving after 20 wonderful days.

Did you book for the Cape Town segment in 2025 by any chance?  If so, see you on board? 

12 hours ago, lincslady said:

I think the Trio on the WC had a very long Contract but we were told in the middle of the WC that their Contract wouldn’t be renewed. We then started hearing the same stories coming from the other ships. Seabourns idea seems to be that they will just rehire them for World and Grand cruises. Don’t really think these people can just sit around waiting for Seabourn to need them. I know the Sojourn Trio had a new Contact for another Cruiseline and I also know another Cruiseline is approaching other Groups. Hopefully they will all be rehired very quickly, but not by Seabourn.

Seabourn knows that the quartet and trio  that played in The Club were enjoyed by many--- IMHO it is poor judgment by Seabourn that live music will be discontinued  on the shorter cruises during the summer and autumn.  Many people take B2B2B2B cruises during the summer and fall and a DJ will change the atmosphere of the club for a lengthy cruise as well as a 7 day cruise.

Do you think the Seattle office reads these comments? 

Who knows?   I like Handre as talented pianist and CD.   I agree with probably nothing he has done while in current position.   He is not a jukebox advocate.  He hires Katy to play in a room she is not qualified to play.  I'm tempted to book an upcoming TA just to have a conversation with him.  Or, have lunch with him in Seattle.   In realty, I do not care what this company does today.  Too many choices.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, saminina said:

Who knows?   I like Handre as talented pianist and CD.   I agree with probably nothing he has done while in current position.   He is not a jukebox advocate.  He hires Katy to play in a room she is not qualified to play.  I'm tempted to book an upcoming TA just to have a conversation with him.  Or, have lunch with him in Seattle.   In realty, I do not care what this company does today.  Too many choices.

Well..it’s a good thing you’re sailing on the endeavor 

Nancy