Bayonne port hotel recommend

Alex618

Not sure what best is in your opinion but we're staying again at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Great location and has been fully refurbished. It's on International Blvd in Elizabeth NJ. Several other hotels by this one also and it's near restaurants and a large mall. This area is a very popular pre-cruise location.

37 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Not sure what best is in your opinion but we're staying again at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Great location and has been fully refurbished. It's on International Blvd in Elizabeth NJ. Several other hotels by this one also and it's near restaurants and a large mall. This area is a very popular pre-cruise location.

Do they have shuttle to the port?

2 hours ago, meadowlander said:

As Ashland pointed out, you need to define what 'best' means to you if you expect others to assist.

I want a safe, clean hotel, with good amenities.  I don’t am willing to spend $200+.  

5 hours ago, Alex618 said:

Do they have shuttle to the port?

Yes they do...Hampton Inn & Suites on International Blvd Elizabeth NJ.

Find us off I-95, a two-minute walk from The Mills at Jersey Gardens. Newark Liberty International Airport is less than five minutes away, and our courtesy shuttle will take you both ways. Cape Liberty Cruise Port is 20 minutes from our door. Enjoy our fitness center, free, hot breakfast, and free WiFi.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alex618 said:

I want a safe, clean hotel, with good amenities.  I don’t am willing to spend $200+.  

Ashland directed you to Hampton Inn on International Boulevard in Elizabeth. There are 3 or 4 hotels on that street, all offering pay shuttle to Cape Liberty. 

Why Elizabeth is recommended rather than EWR area hotels located in Newark is that Newark airport area hotels are in isolated locations with limited and in some cases no dining options other than delivery.

Downtown Newark hotels are a better choice than EWR area hotels but they will not have cruise port shuttles.

Whatever hotel you select, you will meet their airport shuttle at station P4 of the air train(monorail).

59 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Newark Liberty International Airport is less than five minutes away, and our courtesy shuttle will take you both ways

OP asked about a shuttle to the port. The shuttle the hotel is talking about in the quote you provided above is the courtesy shuttle to and from the airport, not the cruise port.

There are no free shuttles to the cruise port. Some hotels might have a package available that includes a port shuttle, but that would be at additional cost over just the room rate.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

OP asked about a shuttle to the port. The shuttle the hotel is talking about in the quote you provided above is the courtesy shuttle to and from the airport, not the cruise port.

There are no free shuttles to the cruise port. Some hotels might have a package available that includes a port shuttle, but that would be at additional cost over just the room rate.

Yes...Correct, the shuttle offered at the hotel from there to Cape Liberty is a fee. We have always opted for an Uber or Taxi which is cheaper than the shuttle and based on our time frame not their schedule. Last time we were there they had two time options and the first one was already booked so apparently this is something people do opt for.

Sorry I did not make my post clear for the OP.

Another option in Elizabeth in the same International Blvd complex as the Hampton Inn is the Embassy Suites.  We've stayed there pre-cruise a couple of times.  On the plus side, it's not a typical Embassy Suites in that the rooms don't open onto an atrium, they are more typical hotel rooms with windows facing the outside (some with nice views of Manhattan in the distance and/or Newark Airport, which is practically next door).  Never heard plane noise in the rooms.   

There was a shuttle to the cruise terminal, for a fee.  (You should confirm with the hotel that it is currently running, though I have no reason to believe it's not.)

Outside dining options in that complex are limited and include an IHOP, as well as the absolutely worst Ruby Tuesdays you will ever encounter.  

There's also the Mall.  (I'm not a huge fan, but it's there.)

Edited by Turtles06

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Another option in Elizabeth in the same International Blvd complex as the Hampton Inn is the Embassy Suites.  We've stayed there pre-cruise a couple of times.  On the plus side, it's not a typical Embassy Suites in that the rooms don't open onto an atrium, they are more typical hotel rooms with windows facing the outside (some with nice views of Manhattan in the distance and/or Newark Airport, which is practically next door).  Never heard plane noise in the rooms.   

There was a shuttle to the cruise terminal, for a fee.  (You should confirm with the hotel that it is currently running, though I have no reason to believe it's not.)

Outside dining options in that complex are limited and include an IHOP, as well as the absolutely worst Ruby Tuesdays you will ever encounter.  

There's also the Mall.  (I'm not a huge fan, but it's there.)

I believe Ruby Tuesdays has closed...I agree it was the worst. Besides the IHOP (which we like) there are several dining options in the Mall and easy walk across their parking lot.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I believe Ruby Tuesdays has closed...I agree it was the worst. Besides the IHOP (which we like) there are several dining options in the Mall and easy walk across their parking lot.

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Courtyard which appears to be in same location?

4 hours ago, Alex618 said:

Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Courtyard which appears to be in same location?

Yes, we stayed there in January and were impressed…clean, nice people, nice rooms and lobby bar with food. Personally, we liked it better than Embassy, where we had typically stayed in the past…

• 2 weeks later...

Related to hotels for Cape Liberty: Trinity reservations has a nice selection of hotels with parking and port transportation. They don't use shuttles, but private car service. We are using Trinity reservations for a package, but was wondering if anyone knows what the Lyft/Uber approximate cost from airport hotels to the port? The package we looked at included two way and we only need one way to the port, flying back to Newark airport. The package includes a private car which would be nice, but too pricey considering we only need it one way. We are not usual users of ride shares so debating which to do. In an email, Trinity indicated they could credit us some, but wondered if Uber/Lyft would be more reasonable. They do have ones with just parking and airport transportation.

Joyce

Edited by landerslp

2 minutes ago, landerslp said:

We are using Trinity reservations for a package, but was wondering if anyone knows what the Lyft/Uber approximate cost from airport hotels to the port? The package we looked at included two way and we only need one way to the port, flying back to Newark airport. The package includes a private car which would be nice, but too pricey considering we only need it one way. We are not usual users of ride shares so debating which to do. In an email, Trinity indicated they could credit us some, but wondered if Uber/Lyft would be more reasonable. 

Joyce

Who is Trinity Reservations?

A website that offers hotel packages that are inclusive including taxes. You have to choose the port if you want port transportation, or airport if you don't need transportation to the port.  The hotels listed all include free breakfast. Just type it in search and it should come up.

When we used them before out of Cape Liberty, they provided a taxi actually but now they use a car service

Edited by landerslp

36 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Approximately $35 for Uber.

1 hour ago, landerslp said:

Related to hotels for Cape Liberty: Trinity reservations has a nice selection of hotels with parking and port transportation. They don't use shuttles, but private car service. We are using Trinity reservations for a package, but was wondering if anyone knows what the Lyft/Uber approximate cost from airport hotels to the port? The package we looked at included two way and we only need one way to the port, flying back to Newark airport. The package includes a private car which would be nice, but too pricey considering we only need it one way. We are not usual users of ride shares so debating which to do. In an email, Trinity indicated they could credit us some, but wondered if Uber/Lyft would be more reasonable. They do have ones with just parking and airport transportation.

Joyce

I only saw Home2, Fairfield and Springhill listed for May next year.  The package was not inexpensive for these brands.  In reading some other info, it appeared to me that Elizabeth, NJ was a desired location.  I generally prefer to get advice from CC, FB, and look at rating on TripAdvisor. At this point I like the Courtyard in Elizabeth.  Most of the hotels in this area have shuttle and parking services so I would think of no reason to use a travel agency.  Just my opinion!

3 hours ago, landerslp said:

[Trinity Reservations is a] website that offers hotel packages that are inclusive including taxes. You have to choose the port if you want port transportation, or airport if you don't need transportation to the port. The hotels listed all include free breakfast. Just type it in search and it should come up. When we used them before out of Cape Liberty, they provided a taxi actually but now they use a car service

I am not familiar with this service. Have you tried disaggregating any of the to ascertain if the package price is great than the component prices (i.e., Trinity adds a mark-up for their packaging) or lower than the component prices (i.e., Trinity receives discounted rates that it passes along to its clients)?

1 hour ago, Alex618 said:

I only saw Home2, Fairfield and Springhill listed for May next year.  The package was not inexpensive for these brands.  In reading some other info, it appeared to me that Elizabeth, NJ was a desired location.  I generally prefer to get advice from CC, FB, and look at rating on TripAdvisor. At this point I like the Courtyard in Elizabeth.  Most of the hotels in this area have shuttle and parking services so I would think of no reason to use a travel agency.  Just my opinion!

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples when pricing the hotel packages. Rates quoted by the hotels generally do not include taxes or shuttle service to and from the port, just shuttle service to and from the airport. If port shuttle service is offered there's usually an additional charge over the price of the hotel room itself, while Trinity Reservations' packages are usually all-inclusive.

Edited by njhorseman

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Make sure you're comparing apples to apples when pricing the hotel packages. Rates quoted by the hotels generally do not include taxes or shuttle service to and from the port, just shuttle service to and from the airport. If port shuttle service is offered there's usually an additional charge over the price of the hotel room itself, while Trinity Reservations' packages are usually all-inclusive.

From what I have read, most of these shuttle services, you go when they schedule .  I don’t know how that works when now you schedule you check in time for a Celebrity sailing.  I like to be in control on all aspects even if cost is more.  I like to check in between 10:30 and 11:00,