Coco Cay Daybeds

UK Fan 78

We are sailing on Freedom in a couple of months. There will be four of us (all adults), so we were considering a daybed instead of a cabana. Is one area better than the other? I can't seem to find much info/a comparison of the three areas that offer them. Thank you in advance.

I noticed same when I was trying to decide which ones to book. We love south beach but they were not listed on the sailing I was looking for.  Breezy Bay was $100 less than chill island so we chose those.  

3 minutes ago, simon.hed said:

I noticed same when I was trying to decide which ones to book. We love south beach but they were not listed on the sailing I was looking for.  Breezy Bay was $100 less than chill island so we chose those.  

That's a huge price difference when they only cost $200.  What are they charging on your sailing????

40 minutes ago, simon.hed said:

Same thing for my Oct Oasis cruise but I happened to look for the South Beach bed on the app and it was listed there but not in the cruise planner so I purchased it on the app and then it started showing up in the cruise planner

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Same thing for my Oct Oasis cruise but I happened to look for the South Beach bed on the app and it was listed there but not in the cruise planner so I purchased it on the app and then it started showing up in the cruise planner

It is showing up for me now. Not sure I will change.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Well then, THAT'S an easy choice, isn't it?  😉 

For me, yes! That's why I was asking if there is any material differences. It seems like Breezy Bay is a pretty central location, so that's what we went with! Thank you!

26 minutes ago, UK Fan 78 said:

For me, yes! That's why I was asking if there is any material differences. It seems like Breezy Bay is a pretty central location, so that's what we went with! Thank you!

We really like Chill Island...  Not as central but a little more secluded and it seemed less busy. 😉 

41 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We really like Chill Island...  Not as central but a little more secluded and it seemed less busy. 😉 

Came to say the same thing. We definitely prefer Chill Island (have a day bed booked there for our July cruise). It is an out of the way location, great for our toddler, but that sounds like maybe not what you want. 

Edited by jacobtsf

3 hours ago, UK Fan 78 said:

Agreed! I also prefer Chill Island, but they all have their pros and cons, and I definitely wouldn't choose to spend an extra $100. Breezy Bay would suit me just fine. 🙂 

I cancelled our Breezy Bay bed and booked the South Beach one for August. After a half dozen or so visits to Coco Cay South Beach is where we end up in the mornings unless there is something else going on so we are going to give it a shot.

I will try to take time to scope out other ones on this trip. But prolly not lol.

• 2 weeks later...

My Feb 2024 offers daybeds for Chill Island, South Beach & Breezy Bay Chill Island. I've tried searches for all 3 using "and" but wasn't very successful. Individual reviews were mixed. Wonder OTC & Odyssey OTC will be there.  Both 7am arrival. Total pax 10,539+. I can't be sure when we'll disembark to get a lounger w/umbrella. Water park isn't an issue.  Which would you consider & why? Or no need to get a day bed  since there will be plenty of loungers w/umbrellas. Thx!