Ovation cancels Eden - March 2024

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

Big Gav is fighting a losing battle till you can control your rhino beetles

Yeh ,those Rhino beetles .

I suppose another sea day, with the punters spending onboard would be better for the shareholders.

I wonder if anyone got the port fees refunded?

4 hours ago, colourbird said:

They must have known this was going to happen ages ago as they never released any shore excursions in Eden for the 10 November 2023 cruise. 

Good point.

I am also booked on the same Princess cruise as Geoff and booked my shore excursion in Eden at the same time as I made the cruise booking, months ago.

19 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good point.

I am also booked on the same Princess cruise as Geoff and booked my shore excursion in Eden at the same time as I made the cruise booking, months ago.

Have you received a refund for the cruise and excursion in Eden?  I think Aussie cruisers are too trusting.  

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Have you received a refund for the cruise and excursion in Eden?  I think Aussie cruisers are too trusting.  

The Ovation cruise refund won’t come for another two weeks.

The Eden shore tour I have booked is with Princess.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good point.

Princess and P&O had tours offered, but not RCI.

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Agree.  There weren’t any shore tours on offer for Eden for the March 2024 Ovation either.

I have a cruise on Brilliance to Kangaroo Island in November and Kangaroo is probably the deciding reason  I booked it.

People have noted that there’s no shore excursions for Kangaroo island ,I wonder if we make it there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good point.

I think Princess is prepared to persevere with tendering, so were always committed to visiting Eden.

Royal cancelled an Eden visit last season too, so have already demonstrated that they aren't prepared to tender into Snug Cove, especially given past promises that the port would be ready to accept them docking there. I think Royal have just been sitting on the fence hoping they would be given the all-clear to dock, while also not fully committing and scheduling tours. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I have a cruise on Brilliance to Kangaroo Island in November and Kangaroo is probably the deciding reason  I booked it.

People have noted that there’s no shore excursions for Kangaroo island ,I wonder if we make it there.

When we visit Kangaroo Island, we always allow a couple of extra days to get off the island, as locals advised us the ferries can be unreliable because of seas.

We’re on the Nov 10th 3 nighter which has had Eden cancelled. Another person on our roll call called RCL and was told they weren’t refunding the port fees and taxes which is interesting..

• Like 1

Just now, Emzz02 said:

We’re on the Nov 10th 3 nighter which has had Eden cancelled. Another person on our roll call called RCL and was told they weren’t refunding the port fees and taxes which is interesting..

The person should follow up that advice, as they are entitled to refund of port fees and taxes if port is missed.  Do RCL think they are a law unto themselves?

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

The person should follow up that advice, as they are entitled to refund of port fees and taxes if port is missed.  Do RCL think they are a law unto themselves?

I think they’re planning to follow up and push for it as will most of us. Just going to give it a week or so till they sort their stuff out. We got the email and then it was at least 2 days later they were still selling Eden as a port on the website 🤦‍♀️ 

40 minutes ago, Emzz02 said:

I think they’re planning to follow up and push for it as will most of us. Just going to give it a week or so till they sort their stuff out. We got the email and then it was at least 2 days later they were still selling Eden as a port on the website 🤦‍♀️ 

Govt should look into their booking and refund practices.  In the meantime, they have use of your money.  I never prepay excursions, as you don’t know what the weather is going to be like on a cruise.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Govt should look into their booking and refund practices.  In the meantime, they have use of your money.  I never prepay excursions, as you don’t know what the weather is going to be like on a cruise.

Many of the cruiselines now require precruise payment of shorex.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What does a wave Accenuator do?

Reduces the impact of waves, swells into a port/harbour. Eden wants a big marina in there. Some rough weather down there.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

Reduces the impact of waves, swells into a port/harbour. Eden wants a big marina in there. Some rough weather down there.

Thank you.  How does it work?  I know they had trouble reducing the flows into Venice to try to stop flooding. 

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you.  How does it work?  I know they had trouble reducing the flows into Venice to try to stop flooding. 

Try googling it, bit hard to explain.