Wanting to make a 50th wedding celebration extra special on Majestic

coconut telegraph

Good evening, we are celebrating our parents 50th on an upcoming Alaska cruise in a couple of weeks and I wanted to ask for suggestions to make it extra special either through on board items or creative celebration items you have seen or brought on board.  It is our first Princess cruise so I am at a loss for what might be available on board or what to ask the wait staff for.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions and tips!

If you all have an adventurous palate, go for the Chef's Table. Ask to make a reservation as soon as you get onboard. An alternative to this instead would be the Ultimate Balcony Dinner (highly weather dependent, of course). Or you could do both!

56 minutes ago, coconut telegraph said:

Good evening, we are celebrating our parents 50th on an upcoming Alaska cruise in a couple of weeks and I wanted to ask for suggestions to make it extra special either through on board items or creative celebration items you have seen or brought on board.  It is our first Princess cruise so I am at a loss for what might be available on board or what to ask the wait staff for.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions and tips!

Sign them up at the Marriage Game show.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

If you all have an adventurous palate, go for the Chef's Table. Ask to make a reservation as soon as you get onboard. An alternative to this instead would be the Ultimate Balcony Dinner (highly weather dependent, of course). Or you could do both!

We just did our 50th Anniversary cruise and did the UBD.  Since the weather wasn't the best that night we did it in the stateroom.  It was wonderful and would do it again.

t

• Like 1

On 6/14/2023 at 7:13 PM, Steelers36 said:

Sign them up at the Marriage Game show.

OMG, NOOOOOOO.  We did this on our first Princess cruise not knowing anything about it.  We were so embarrassed (we had been married about 15 years at the time), but we did get a consolation prize of champagne, coasters, and sweet snacks delivered to our room.  

7 minutes ago, theloo said:

Not to hijack this post, but does Princess do anything special other than birthday cake for birthdays?  I'm considering a cruise in 2024 that will coincide with my kids' 15th birthdays.

Not really.  Some people decorate cabin doors.  When the cake comes to dining table, the waiters will gather round and sing, unless you request No Thanks.

• Thanks 1

I wanted to book an Anniversary Celebration Package which I saw on the website but upon inquiring, was told it’s no longer offered. ? Does anyone have any information about this or has anyone ever done one?

i just ordered a cute door magnet for my folks.  they will be at 49 years this year, so i'm going to get a banner for the room and be cute and put a -1 under the 50, since no one makes happy 49th anniversary banners.  i am also bringing a crystal flower for my mom so she can have "flowers" on her anniversary and won't have to leave it on ship like live flowers.  so for me it is just a few small things that won't break the luggage. 

10 hours ago, theloo said:

Not to hijack this post, but does Princess do anything special other than birthday cake for birthdays?  I'm considering a cruise in 2024 that will coincide with my kids' 15th birthdays.

sometimes...I have gotten spa credit, a free drink, door signs (they no longer do ballons) & this last cruise flowers from the room steward...the onboard signs will wish them a happy birthday...you can order a birthday celebration package before sailing

• Like 1