6/15/23 WEIGH-IN

Izena

Good morning everyone.  It’s a hot start for today 6:30 am it is 81 degrees with 86% humidity feels like 89.  No long walks for us today.  

I’m back on track have eaten under 900 calories daily since Monday.  I’m not hungry just eat out of boredom.  Good loss but think  it’s  water weight that makes the number seem high.  But it’s motivating. Drum roll  lost 6.8 lbs. —-   8-13 lbs to get back in my range.   

was going through old photos yesterday found pictures from 2007  I was definitely big - I  was in denial at that time on how big I was.  

• Like 1

That's awesome progress Izena!  Old photos definitely help to motivate!!

I stayed the same this week.  I've been good so I'm not worried.  Hoping for a woosh soon......2.2 lbs to my goal weight for the cruise and a couple more weeks to get there.  

Wishing everyone a productive week!

As usual, I forgot it was Thursday until after I had breakfast - I will try to remember to weigh tomorrow.

Izena - Nice that you are back on track .... sometimes old photos can be a great motivator.

MTNest93 -  Staying the same isn't bad ... 

I'll write more tomorrow - Jan

• Like 1

Hello all, I have to get in the habit of checking in on Thursdays! I stayed the same this week. I lost a little during the week but it must have been water weight because it came right back the next day lol. We are enjoying beautiful, not too humid weather here. Walking is my favorite exercise, so I've been getting out most days. My mini-Aussie enjoys it too! 

Have a wonderful weekend!

• Like 2

JUST same is good.   The scales just taunt me.  I weighed exactly the same for 3 days and today up 0.2  usually I vary day to day.  A little disappointed because I’ve finally been able to cut out the candy for 4 days, also stay under 900 calories .  Which sounds lo but I’m 5’3  and naturally have a slow metabolism -  I rarely feel hungry or full.

The heat is  awful.  Only walking  in morning at 7-8 am  about 1-2 miles inside the dog park.  With the high humidity the mosquitoes are awful on the trails.  

• Like 2

I have a love/hate scales relationship! For unexplainable reasons, sometimes I jump up a pound or 2 in a single day and then a few days later drop 3. Today I'm up 1.5 pounds, but I did go to a wedding shower yesterday. I ate mostly veggies, but I did have ranch dip with it and a few pieces of summer sausage/cheese with crackers. Then for dinner I had a serving of tortilla chips with my salad. I'm guessing the sodium is probably the culprit this morning. *sigh* I know I shouldn't weigh every day but it helps me be aware.

Hello All, good to see your all doing great losing or staying the same.

Know I'm eating more with my daughter here then when I sail solo.

We're having fun cruising in Europe, I've been a few times but her first.

So she's taking more tours and walking then I. Plus she's younger than I.😄

Will be back in 9 days How does 21 days go by so fast?

One surprise these cruises. 1st 2 cruises I'm the 3rd most traveled and last cruise #2.

Think many 1st timers, not many elites. Don't think this will happen again, well maybe

Alaska because it has a lot of 1st timers too but hasn't yet.

Finally writing now because mix up with my internet, working now, so here I am.

Remember everyone as being women our weight goes up and down "hormones"

so everyday the scale can have a different number. Don't give up.

Take care

• Like 2

Belle I'm glad that you are having a good time cruising with your daughter.  It is on my bucket list to do a Europe cruise.  In 2025 we do have a transatlantic cruise (Portugal, Spain, France, Italy).  Hope the rest of your voyage is as lovely .... congrats on being one of the "most traveled".  Enjoy!!!  Jan

Good to hear from you Belle!  Sounds like you're having a great time with your daughter. I envy your "most traveled" status.  I'm a 1st timer myself.  Happy sailing - enjoy those last 9 days!!

Thanks Jan. MT and Cruise42 for the visit.

Yes everyone should do a cruise to the Med, Europe if they can. I know time and

money can get in the way. Jan enjoy in 25.

Mt your 1st cruise coming up? You'll have a ball and will be hooked like the rest of us.

We  all started out maybe a cruise every few years and just kept taking more.

Trying to enjoy the last week and not think of the long flight home and layovers.

Have to take the bad with the good!🤪

• Like 1

I've been waiting for the thread to show up so I can share that I HIT MY CRUISE WEIGHT GOAL!!  I'm down 26 lbs since mid Feb and ready for our 1st cruise on July 1st.  We are celebrating our 30th anniversary onboard July 3rd and I'll be able to re-wear my formal mother of the bride dresses for formal nights!  I do believe this will be the 1st of hopefully many cruises to come!  

Belle - we wanted to do a Med cruise but the time off work for travel to/from Europe was too much.  I think we'll put that on the retirement bucket list.  Have a relaxing week 😄

• Thanks 1

MTNest93 - How exciting that you hit your cruise weight goal!!!  That is truly amazing.  

Our 1st cruise (and we thought it was a once in a lifetime adventure) was for our 30th anniversary!!!  First time I ever bought a long sparkly dress ... I hope your cruise is magical and that you decide to enjoy many more! 

We have cruises booked for the future, up to cruise 32 and will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in August.  Jan

23 minutes ago, Jan_In_Maine said:

MTNest93 - How exciting that you hit your cruise weight goal!!!  That is truly amazing.  

Our 1st cruise (and we thought it was a once in a lifetime adventure) was for our 30th anniversary!!!  First time I ever bought a long sparkly dress ... I hope your cruise is magical and that you decide to enjoy many more! 

We have cruises booked for the future, up to cruise 32 and will be celebrating our 50th anniversary in August.  Jan

Thank you Jan!  How cool that your 1st was your 30th as well 😄 Congrats in advance on your 50th, that is truly amazing!!