Zaandam Particulate in sea view pool area

MUD

On other R class ships, including the old Rotterdam, we have experienced particulate from the funnel on chairs and the deck around the sea view pool. This was a special problem on port days.

We have never been on the Zaandam but have reservations. We will be on the ship on many port days. What is your experience on the Zaandam?

Do they plug into port power on port days? To stop this sort of pollution in the port generally not just the pool deck? I've certainly seen soot in the pool on other ships, but only when sailing 

31 minutes ago, lissie said:

Do they plug into port power on port days? To stop this sort of pollution in the port generally not just the pool deck? I've certainly seen soot in the pool on other ships, but only when sailing 

I am unsure... The photos below may help answer that but I don't know what to look for. 

20230608_085300.jpg

20230608_085305.jpg

7 hours ago, MUD said:

On other R class ships, including the old Rotterdam, we have experienced particulate from the funnel on chairs and the deck around the sea view pool. This was a special problem on port days.

We have never been on the Zaandam but have reservations. We will be on the ship on many port days. What is your experience on the Zaandam?

I know what you're talking about, having experienced that on some ships on aft decks.  But we sailed San Diego to Buenos Aries on Zaandam and never noticed soot on that ship.  (We spend a lot of time on the Lido aft deck, dining and sunning, so probably would have noticed.)  Perhaps on our itinerary we left the ship most port days, but still, your question surprised me and I would venture to say this won't be a problem for you on Zaandam.