Cabin Availability

Visionseer1

What type of cabin did you book? Did you do a mock booking on the NCL site? Have you searched a 3rd party site and do a mock booking on your sailing? If so you should do that to see what's available.

Edited by genealogyfan
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Visionseer1 said:

I truly hate that I can not pick my room on the NCL Bliss website. I wish I could! Sigh. Anyhow, does anyone know what rooms are available for the July 22, 2023 sail date? 

Means the cabin class is sold out. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sansroof said:

But the bird will keep making them nonetheless.

And that's just fine. It makes the board worth coming back to.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, RB9643 said:

Have you clicked on the link to change your cabin?

Not all cabin types on all sailings on all ships offer this.  I'm currently stalking a Panama Canal cruise - an inside cabin is coming up as guarantee only, no option to pick the cabin.  I would think inside cabins wouldn't be full on a PC cruise.  This is actually odd as NCL's site lists only one price for inside cabins while an online TA lists several different cabin types (different decks) for insides, with all but deck 5 costing considerably more than NCL's offering of a cabin on ANY of the decks.  I'm considering booking direct and getting something a little higher in the ship and giving up the $400 I could save with the TA ($100 OBC plus they cover the DSC).

11 hours ago, sansroof said:

But the bird will keep making them nonetheless.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Means the cabin class is sold out. 

The inability to select a room, and only get a guarantee is indicative that the cabin class is sold out. Will there be a lot of cancellations a month to cruise, not so much, but there will be some. Will thee be upgrades, sure. Are you likely to get rooms that no one else would pay for (I.e., bad rooms), maybe. 

People don’t like the truth. If you’re trying to book a cruise a month to departure, don’t complain that there are no rooms left. You waited too long. On this cruise, balconies are guaranteed. You can still select some ocean view rooms. That is definitive. 

Edited by BirdTravels

11 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

When I do a mock booking, Spa and Haven read as sold out. Some cabin classes (like regular balcony) only showed as Guarantee, where you don't get to pick. But I could choose a specific Family Balcony.

Your choices for balconies on that sailing are as follows:

1849pp Sail-away Balcony - no choice of cabin and no "FAS" perk

1899pp Guarantee Balcony - no choice of cabin but you get FAS perks

$2259pp Family Balcony (or other) - You can choose from over 100 open balcony cabins (some have an adder of either $40 or $90pp) .

So in short, you CAN pick your cabin, but cannot do so for the least expensive fare.

3 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Your choices for balconies on that sailing are as follows:

1849pp Sail-away Balcony - no choice of cabin and no "FAS" perk

1899pp Guarantee Balcony - no choice of cabin but you get FAS perks

$2259pp Family Balcony (or other) - You can choose from over 100 open balcony cabins (some have an adder of either $40 or $90pp) .

So in short, you CAN pick your cabin, but cannot do so for the least expensive fare.

Yep. That's what I was telling the OP. Thank you for confirming it. 

There have been times when trying to check availability of a balcony on NCL's site, it will come up as "guarantee" only...with no option to pick a cabin...or no availability on a particular deck. That's when we call our reliable PCC who is able to "magically" make available cabins available out of thin air. Another reason to have a good PCC.

Edited by schmoopie17

28 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

There have been times when trying to check availability of a balcony on NCL's site, it will come up as "guarantee" only...with no option to pick a cabin...or no availability on a particular deck. That's when we call our reliable PCC who is able to "magically" make available cabins available out of thin air. Another reason to have a good PCC.

A good TA can do the same thing.

Crikey! The squirrels are at it again. 

@Visionseer1, call NCL or use a travel agent. They can book a specific room. On the July 22nd Bliss cruise the following categories have the following number of rooms available:

Interior - 56 cabins available

Oceanview - 13 cabins available

Balcony - 142 cabins available

Haven is sold out, as are Club Balconies. 

Figure out two or three options of where you want to be on the ship, so you have a few options when you talk with the agent. 

Happy sailing!