Amsterdam Tram from port to city

We are looking to take the Tram from the 
Main Amsterdam Cruise Passenger Terminal to Central Station. 

What Tram should we take TO/FROM the Main Amsterdam Cruise Passenger Terminal to Central Station? 

We have a tour booked in the morning but afterwards we want to take the Tram to Central Station so that we can get on a canal tour. 

Tram #26. You’ll see the stop just across the street that runs past the terminal. You need the stop on the side of the tracks nearest the terminal. The #26 is the only tram that serves that stop so you can’t go wrong. They run every 7-10 minutes.

Alternatively just walk - it’s only 10-15 minutes.

56 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Tram #26. You’ll see the stop just across the street that runs past the terminal. You need the stop on the side of the tracks nearest the terminal. The #26 is the only tram that serves that stop so you can’t go wrong. They run every 7-10 minutes.

Alternatively just walk - it’s only 10-15 minutes.

@gumshoe958

Thank you. We will be traveling with our 11 year old son and I think he’ll get a kick out of taking the tram.

Is it the same Tram #26 that we would take from Central Station back to the port? Any idea how many stops before we get off at the port? 

The port (tram station: muziekgebouw/Bimhuis) is the first stop from the train station. You take the same tram back to the train station. You can pay with a contactless creditcard or debit card. Just scan the card when entering and leaving the tram. Check in and check out as we say. 

2 hours ago, harola said:

The port (tram station: muziekgebouw/Bimhuis) is the first stop from the train station. You take the same tram back to the train station. You can pay with a contactless creditcard or debit card. Just scan the card when entering and leaving the tram. Check in and check out as we say. 

@harola awesome, thank you for letting me know which stop is the passenger cruise terminal. That great that the tram will take credit card as I was not planning on having local currency. Would you recommend we buy a round trip ticket for each of us or a daily pass? Do they have a family pass we could purchase for the day? If not is there a discount for kids under 12? 

4 hours ago, harola said:

Do you know the cost?  Also, I see that you are from the area.  Any suggestions on electric bike rentals near the port.  We are family group of 6 (65 to 75) and still capable of biking safely.  It may be a good idea to have a guide for our small group, but would also entertain doing a self tour.  Appreciate any local advice.

10 hours ago, Tos said:

Do you know the cost?  Also, I see that you are from the area.  Any suggestions on electric bike rentals near the port.  We are family group of 6 (65 to 75) and still capable of biking safely.  It may be a good idea to have a guide for our small group, but would also entertain doing a self tour.  Appreciate any local advice.

Are you familiar with the traffic in Amsterdam? Thousands of bikers always in a hurry, speedy trams (streetcars) allover town, plus lots of buses, cabs and of course people walking (not always noticing the bike path)? Even if you are a good biker it can be  rather dangerous certainly on an electric bike. 

Maybe a regular is a little bit better since you can not go that fast.If you still want to bike, find an organised tour.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ladybug18 said:Would you recommend we buy a round trip ticket for each of us or a daily pass? Do they have a family pass we could purchase for the day? If not is there a discount for kids under 12? 

You need a contactless   card for every person and scan you card entering and leaving the train. Cost is between 1 and 2 euro per person. 
I don’t know about day passes or children discount. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ine said:

Are you familiar with the traffic in Amsterdam? Thousands of bikers always in a hurry, speedy trams (streetcars) allover town, plus lots of buses, cabs and of course people walking (not always noticing the bike path)? Even if you are a good biker it can be  rather dangerous certainly on an electric bike. 

Maybe a regular is a little bit better since you can not go that fast.If you still want to bike, find an organised tour.  

Ine is right. There is too much traffic in Amsterdam. As there is no parking space people use their bikes instead of their cars. And they are speeding through the city, burning the traffic lights 😄.
I would not rent electric bikes. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t bike in central Amsterdam on an ebike or a regular bike. I did a bike and barge that ended in Amsterdam a few years ago. I was injured so I didn’t bike into town myself (I cruised in on the barge) but the rest of the group who had been cycling for a week and a half in the countryside, said it was terrifying cycling into Amsterdam. If you really want to cycle I would suggest a group tour outside of the centre. 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the great feedback.  I'm more than convinced that any kind of biking for our senior group would not be in the best interest of having a happy ending to our 1 day cruise stop in Amsterdam.  I think we'll stick with trams and our good ol' feet to get us around.  I'm sure our wive's will find plenty of things to spend the money on!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1