NEW dinner menus are posted here!

I have not tried the menu, but it looks a lot better than the new menus on Royal Caribbean, which I did have.  Theirs was more by country, so one day was France, another was Italian, then Caribbean, Mexico, Europe and the first and last day were not by country. Carnival has a longer list of appetizers and main dishes, and more variety in the side dishes.  If none of it tastes good, then the above does not matter, but if it does, it shows that a new menu does not have to make people wish for the old menu. 

I really miss the side dishes especially the creamed spinach, I would prefer more simple vegetable options to make the meal a bit more filling. We now mostly go to the buffet so I can at least make a big salad.

Edited by trvlgirlmq
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wardwhitty said:

Has anyone heard when they said will roll out to the other ships ?  We are on the Celebration in September and was wondering if we will see the new items.

They are pushing out to rest of fleet in an accelerated (more than initially planned timeline).  

NCL is changing their menus. They will have one set menu which is pretty extensive. The one thing I liked and would love to see on Carnival is a Make your own Pasta section. You select your pasta, sauce, seafood or meat. There were a ton of combinations. That’s available every night.

• Like 3

On 6/26/2023 at 6:55 AM, ProudBlackMatt said:

You don't understand. On a 7 day cruise I need to eat 21 dinner entrees or my vacation will be a waste!

I think if you ate 21 dinner entries in a week, that could be your waist🤗

• Haha 6

Reasonable variety/choices, glad to hear cheese plate coming back (that would often be an app for me). I see some items I'd like to try, a couple of days that look meh, but overall sounds appealing 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

No, not any longer. You would know if you had read my earlier post on the subject. But please, go ahead and continue harping on my unchangeable user name instead of the problem of the unappealing new menus. 🙄

you still seem to be in the minority on the subject.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

And I've got no problem with that. I'm probably in the minority on many subjects, such as following the rules, not sharing drink packages, etc....

2 hours ago, Carnival Cheerleader said:

And I've got no problem with that. I'm probably in the minority on many subjects, such as following the rules, not sharing drink packages, etc....

Hope you had a nice holiday. 🙂🇺🇸

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 10:09 PM, Carnival Cheerleader said:

Because I'm old and set in my ways. Is that a good enough reason for you?

“You’re killing me Smalls”

Guess where that quote came from. Yes you are right the movie “The Sandlot”

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2023 at 5:02 PM, sunonfire said:

NCL is changing their menus. They will have one set menu which is pretty extensive. The one thing I liked and would love to see on Carnival is a Make your own Pasta section. You select your pasta, sauce, seafood or meat. There were a ton of combinations. That’s available every night.

Cucina del Capitano or Captain's Pasta Bar (at lunch) has entered the chat.  🙂    It is listed as either in the following:  https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4252  

Pasta bowls made-to-order, and its complimentary.   And yes, it'd be great if they could roll something like that out on every ship, but I think all the newer builds have the Cucina anyway.  

On 7/3/2023 at 1:44 PM, jimbo5544 said:

They are pushing out to rest of fleet in an accelerated (more than initially planned timeline).  

Oh wow, this is great news! I'm celebrating my 40th birthday on the Sunrise out of Miami, which leaves on Aug. 31. I've been crossing my fingers that I'll get to try the new menus on my sailing! 

• 3 months later...
On 6/18/2023 at 2:33 PM, happy cruzer said:

BBQ often just means grilled.  BBQ basted implies a sauce but we will see....

Up north they call it BBQ (to mean grilled), down south they say cook out, or grilling out to express that there is a party that is going to centered around grilled or smoked meat. It took me quite awhile to understand the term BBQing in that sense. To me, BBQ means pulled pork or brisket or maybe BBQ sauce slathered chicken. So I appreciate that you clarified that for us southerners.

On 6/18/2023 at 7:46 PM, Bandman said:

OMG! Forget all my complaints… They are bringing Beef Wellington back!

I have never had Beef Wellington. Tell me more.

• Like 1