Sample Restaurant Menus

LSuzQ

Everyone,
I recall a wonderful link provided by a frequent poster containing sample menus for the dining venues, including the specialty restaurants on the O class ships. Tried searching for it, but no luck. If anyone is familiar with the link, would you kindly provide it? Many thanks—cruising Oceania for the first time this fall from Barcelona to Venice, AKA Tarragona to Trieste.

Susie

24 minutes ago, LSuzQ said:

Thank you! Yes, that’s the link. And I did also go to the O site just a few minutes ago and found menus there as well. 

Just out of curiosity, how did you find the restaurant menus on the O website? I can’t figure out what to search and bot is no help.

17 hours ago, Sujormik said:

Just out of curiosity, how did you find the restaurant menus on the O website? I can’t figure out what to search and bot is no help.

You can also go this route…from the main page:

click Onboard Experiences, then on The Finest Cuisine at Sea. Scroll down to see boxes for each dining venue.

Click on the dining venue of your choice, where you will see listings for meals, wines, etc., available at that venue. Click on the meal, etc., to see the menu.

If a venue is ship specific, it will prompt you to choose the ship.

Edited by LSuzQ
Omitted info.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:38 PM, LSuzQ said:

You can also go this route…from the main page:

click Onboard Experiences, then on The Finest Cuisine at Sea. Scroll down to see boxes for each dining venue.

Click on the dining venue of your choice, where you will see listings for meals, wines, etc., available at that venue. Click on the meal, etc., to see the menu.

If a venue is ship specific, it will prompt you to choose the ship.

Finally got it, thank you!

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, PINEY10 said:

Did people receive multiple requests to view tge safety and security briefing?  We got emails yesterday and today and watched but who knows if it is noted.  

You will still be required to watch it onboard before you can access anything else on the TV in your Stateroom...and I think you will have to check-in at your muster station to verify you've done your due diligence.  At least that was the drill on our Sirena cruise last year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

You will still be required to watch it onboard before you can access anything else on the TV in your Stateroom...and I think you will have to check-in at your muster station to verify you've done your due diligence.  At least that was the drill on our Sirena cruise last year.

Thanks. Then why send it out?  Seems duplicative and unnecessary to me.

9 minutes ago, PINEY10 said:

Watch once before boarding and once in your cabin. It's a few minutes total...no big deal. At least we don't have to pass a quiz (although maybe we should...the ship would be half empty).

15 minutes ago, PINEY10 said:

Yup. It's a nice idea to view before boarding, but (as far as I can tell) there's no consequence if you do not. 

4 minutes ago, babysteps said:

Yup. It's a nice idea to view before boarding, but (as far as I can tell) there's no consequence if you do not. 

Uhhh...  Make that *probably* no consequences

Titanic, Empress of Ireland, Andrea Doria, Oceanos, Herald of Free Enterprise, Costa Concordia, ...

Even if it isn't lifeboat time, you can still hear the 7 short and 1 long for real: Star Princess burned 297 cabins in a fire at sea in 2006 and Viking Sky went DIW on a lee shore in 2019. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Snaefell3 said:

Uhhh...  Make that *probably* no consequences

Titanic, Empress of Ireland, Andrea Doria, Oceanos, Herald of Free Enterprise, Costa Concordia, ...

Even if it isn't lifeboat time, you can still hear the 7 short and 1 long for real: Star Princess burned 297 cabins in a fire at sea in 2006 and Viking Sky went DIW on a lee shore in 2019. 

True that

You do have to view the safety video onboard before seeing anything else on your in-cabin TV

We do each watch it pre-boarding but that doesn't stop the reminders! 

1 hour ago, babysteps said:

if you do not go to muster station to let them know, you get a letter on your door to report to registration

• Like 1

I think you can't get to the last step to print your boarding pass if you don't.

11 minutes ago, DOJO466 said:

if you do not go to muster station to let them know, you get a letter on your door to report to registration

True. We always report right away. But if you haven't watched the video prior to boarding I'm not sure it makes any difference. We do watch it at least once but get 3 or 4 reminders pre-boarding to watch. O doesn't seem to actually track who has or hasn't watched the video pre boarding

7 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

I think you can't get to the last step to print your boarding pass if you don't

Iirc you are correct. But you still get several reminders to watch the video.. many ports your pre board confirmation email works as well as the boarding pass 

This might be analogous to the pre-flight safety demonstration on an aircraft. You are meant to pay attention but if you don't there's little consequence unless there is an emergency. We're part of the 5% or so who actually pay attention... 

On 1/7/2024 at 11:24 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Watch once before boarding and once in your cabin. It's a few minutes total...no big deal. At least we don't have to pass a quiz (although maybe we should...the ship would be half empty).

If I have to watch it before watching anything else on the TV - I won't see it!  I never watch TV aside from the news here at home.  Doesn't seem too smart to me.  

I have read that you must go to your muster station before you can access your cabin/suite?   Is there a stamp to get or something?  I don't have a problem with this but I do think the "old fashioned" mandatory life boat drill was a better idea.

1 minute ago, Hambagahle said:

If I have to watch it before watching anything else on the TV - I won't see it!  I never watch TV aside from the news here at home.  Doesn't seem too smart to me.  

I have read that you must go to your muster station before you can access your cabin/suite?   Is there a stamp to get or something?  I don't have a problem with this but I do think the "old fashioned" mandatory life boat drill was a better idea.

No stamp. Based on our cruise in June, go to your designated area and show them your card and they simply mark you down on their list as reporting in with them.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

I do think the "old fashioned" mandatory life boat drill was a better idea.

• Ships no longer have promenades big enough to assemble all pax.

• Too often it was distractingly too cold/windy/rainy/snowing.

• Standing around waiting for the crew to chase down the "I don't need to"s.

• Too many heads in the way to really see the don-the-lifejacket demo.

• Tripping on dangling straps from other folks' lifejackets on way back to cabin.

Oh!  And they had 24 hours after sailing to hold the drill.  Costa Concordia sank sooner.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is off the message. I apologize upfront.

Babysteps: I lost your email address. Empire can order the Riesling we tasted but only the 2021 and 2022 vintage. Will we have the same wonderful wine? Thanks! Also any other Finger Lakes wine you can recommend? Thanks.

I have not had one of the outside life boat drills in the last 30 years of cruising...on Oceania and on Regent the drill was conducted in the theatres or the main dining rooms depending on where one's room was...  Inside, dry and not affected by weather.   

I do remember one of those outside drills though - on the Union Castle line in 1952.  That was a few years ago.

7 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

This is off the message. I apologize upfront.

Babysteps: I lost your email address. Empire can order the Riesling we tasted but only the 2021 and 2022 vintage. Will we have the same wonderful wine? Thanks! Also any other Finger Lakes wine you can recommend? Thanks.

I emailed you! Each vintage does have its own unique personality.. :classic_cool:

The 2022 vintage should be more lush and similar to what we shared (we haven't tasted the 2022 yet). The 2021 is lovely and more 'focused' - meaning the vintage wasn't quite as sunny. 

Edited by babysteps