Late September Temperatures

kerota

I'm looking at a Canada/New England cruise from New York that sails the last week of September. I'm trying to decide if I want to splurge for a balcony. My favorite time to sit on the balcony is late at night, but I don't want to be freezing out there. What nighttime temperatures should be expected at sea the end of September?

A balcony is a must for us regardless of itinerary. The option to have that personal outdoor space even if it's just a step out to see what the weather feels like. We've done the Canada NE itinerary before in early October and we did use our balcony and will undoubtfully use it again this October too.

• Like 1

I'm a scenery hound, so I don't care how cold it is.  I was out on the balcony on the glacier days (the coldest days of an AK cruise) with a deck blanket taking pics!

I will say, if you're cruising RT out of NYC, it won't be as scenic as ours will be as we will sail from NYC to Quebec, so up the river!  And we got a port balcony, so as to get as much land viewing as possible.

Edited by GORDONCHICK
  • Like 1

Unlike some of the others, I would not see any value in having a balcony.  If there is scenery, I will be on an upper deck, or if it's chilly, perhaps in a public room with big windows.  But I more likely won't be expecting scenery anyway; not like Alaska's Inside Passage.  There is the sea travel, and there are the ports.  In either, an oceanview cabin will be my #1 choice.

I usually look at the temps  from last year for the same time frame  it is  a good indication of what it may be this year

but of course  it could go either way 

Layers  is the key

You can just change the ports you are sailing from/to

https://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/montreal/h3a/september-weather/56186?year=2022

• Like 1