Drink packages

Jacob0525

Good morning. My wife and I are booked on a carnival cruise in early 2025. My wife drinks alcohol but I do not. Normally for Royal I have to call them to buy the drink packages because I buy the refreshment package and my wife gets the alcoholic package. Will carnival give me a hard time about just buying the alcoholic package for just my wife? Will I need a doctors note for myself? Carnival does not have an in between package like Royal does. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

I’ve read they no longer will even accept a doctor’s note.  It won’t matter.  Every adult (21 and older) in your cabin will have to participate in the cheers program if one does.  To me, it’s not worth the price. At all.  Yes, you can get sugary coffee drinks, sodas, shakes, bottled water, energy drinks as well on this plan, but  we drink our coffee black, don’t drink shakes etc, we’ll bring our 2 bottles of allotted wine on board, and drink water. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jacob0525 said:

Will carnival give me a hard time about just buying the alcoholic package for just my wife? Will I need a doctors note for myself? Carnival does not have an in between package like Royal does. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

They will not give you a hard time.  They will simply tell you that they won't do it.  End of discussion.

You get unlimited sodas, bottled water, specialty coffees, milkshakes, etc. with the Cheers package, so you can decide if you will have enough of those to make it worth buying two packages, or simply having both of you paying by the drink.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JenOBRNC said:

I’ve read they no longer will even accept a doctor’s note.  It won’t matter.  Every adult (21 and older) in your cabin will have to participate in the cheers program if one does.  To me, it’s not worth the price. At all.  Yes, you can get sugary coffee drinks, sodas, shakes, bottled water, energy drinks as well on this plan, but  we drink our coffee black, don’t drink shakes etc, we’ll bring our 2 bottles of allotted wine on board, and drink water. 

They have never accepted a doctor's note. 

• Like 1

If you wife drinks 9 patron margarita's a day, you both are even if you purchase the cheers package. Anything above that (soda, coffees, milkshakes, more drinks) puts you ahead.

Carnival will not give you a hard time. The answer will be NO. Both must buy it or none.

2 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

If you wife drinks 9 patron margarita's a day, you both are even if you purchase the cheers package. Anything above that (soda, coffees, milkshakes, more drinks) puts you ahead.

Carnival will not give you a hard time. The answer will be NO. Both must buy it or none.

Can you say alcoholic 

• Like 1