Outlets?

cigar616

17 hours ago, cigar616 said:

I have read that there are only 2 electrical outlets with charging  available in rooms.If so how can I charge multiple devices in a charger or do I just have to use what’s available?

We take a non surge protected multi outlet extender.  It has three extra plug outlets and three usb ports.  We’ve never had any trouble when using it with multiple items plugged in (travel clock, curling iron, phones).  Some ships have a usb port right in the table lamps.  

If you currently need to charge multiple devices at home, then you certainly own a hub to charge them. You may bring this with you so long as it is not surge protected.

You show as Florida, so assume you have non-polarized US type A 110v 60HZ plugs. If your plugs have one prong larger than the other, or a U-ground, that won't work on Princess ships.

We use a USB 3.0 to 4 outlet USB hub plugged in at the table lamp.

It has to be added that some would say a vacation is a good time to disconnect from technology. Not disagreeing, but we have not been able to do this. Your mileage may vary.

Will all cabins (Emerald & Crown) have at least 2 usable plug outlets?  At home, I normally charge 4-5 devices on 2 plugs (some during the day and some at night), so I can make do with 2 plugs, even if one is in the bathroom.  If I'm limited to 1 plug for any reason (I've seen some plugs blocked by switches and other equipment), I will need a hub of some sort.

42 minutes ago, theloo said:

Will all cabins (Emerald & Crown) have at least 2 usable plug outlets?  At home, I normally charge 4-5 devices on 2 plugs (some during the day and some at night), so I can make do with 2 plugs, even if one is in the bathroom.  If I'm limited to 1 plug for any reason (I've seen some plugs blocked by switches and other equipment), I will need a hub of some sort.

42 minutes ago, theloo said:

The outlet  in the bathroom says for shavers only , in my opinion useless for any other sort of the charging device. 

Don't forget that if you happen to need a CPAP that there is always a "hidden" European style 2 prong 220 volt socket behind one of the beds.  This could conceivably be used as another source of power for devices that can handle dual voltage.

As far as USB charging...we use this in cabins that don't have direct USB ports:

Anker Charger.jpg

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Don't forget that if you happen to need a CPAP that there is always a "hidden" European style 2 prong 220 volt socket behind one of the beds.  This could conceivably be used as another source of power for devices that can handle dual voltage.

As far as USB charging...we use this in cabins that don't have direct USB ports:

Anker Charger.jpg

Where do you put your CPAP since the lamps are attached to the tables?

i put my CPAP on the floor, or some of the end tables have a shelf space followed by drawers.

Also, on the older ships that used to have the picture tube TVs (not flat screens), there are plugs where the TVs used to be. 

1 hour ago, theloo said:

That one has three prongs on the plug.  @mtnesterz says those won't plug into Princess outlets.

I am pretty sure that @mtnesterz was referring to the sockets in the bathroom that is for use with electric shavers.

I have used this device in multiple Princess cabins to expand the number of plug sockets.  In a balcony cabin it plugs into the socket on the desk or the socket in the corner behind where the TV used to be positioned.  It allows me to plug in four devices.

IMG_1259.jpg.c5cf83398e4330ee88d496f1c5af7ef6.jpg

As you can see, it has a three-prong plug.  It folds up very nicely and can be easily stashed into a small space in a suitcase.

IMG_1256.jpg.69c160fabc9f6f07a875cdb85086e219.jpg

One of the things I plug into this device is this USB port, and with it we can charge cell phones, cameras and tablets.

IMG_1257.jpg.0244642e0b317c13af3da312ff33c1d2.jpg

Obviously, I bought these devices before the availability of the newer devices that integrate a plug expander and a USB hub, such as the one that I linked.

• Like 1