Dry dock schedule?

phoenix_dream

I know they haven't scheduled any more full revolutionizing yet, but does anyone know what the current dry dock schedule is for regular maintenance and such?  I was shocked to read on another (reliable) board that Apex is going into a 4 week drydock in October of 2024, with 4 cruises cancelled to accommodate it.  She is such a new ship and still in excellent shape!  I may be misinformed, but I thought the routine dry dock maintenance schedules were usually only a week or two?  Or am I wrong?  It just seems odd with several older ships needing improvement (if not revolutionizing) that they would tackle Apex so soon.  Perhaps there are other dry docks for some of the other ships for which I am not aware?  I tried searching the Celebrity site but came up with nothing.  Does anyone have a schedule to share?

According to the current cruise schedule the Apex is not showing from 10/23/24 thru 11/8/24 then and has the TA departing 11/9.   The last sailing in October ends in Southampton and the TA starts in Lisbon.  So 17 days not 4 weeks.  Some of those 17 days will be in transit.

23 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Thanks but I was looking for a more ‘official’ list. This one doesn’t even mention Apex. And if what there is, is valid, that’s even more confusing. People are commenting Eclipse needs some updates. But she is scheduled for 2025. Why do Apex first?

53 minutes ago, jelayne said:

According to the current cruise schedule the Apex is not showing from 10/23/24 thru 11/8/24 then and has the TA departing 11/9.   The last sailing in October ends in Southampton and the TA starts in Lisbon.  So 17 days not 4 weeks.  Some of those 17 days will be in transit.

The information I am referencing talks about 4 cruises, through the end of November, 11/23/24 to be exact.  It didn’t say exact days so I presumed (perhaps incorrectly) at least 7 days each.

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

The information I am referencing talks about 4 cruises, through the end of November, 11/23/24 to be exact.  It didn’t say exact days so I presumed (perhaps incorrectly) at least 7 days each.

The website shows following the TA a 9 night starting on 11/21/24 and then 5 7 N sailings which takes it through the end of December

Here is the link

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?sailStartDate=2024-10-01&sailEndDate=2024-12-31&dateToggle=M&ship=AX

AKAIK, the requirement is that every 5 years a ship has to go into dry dock for inspection and maintenance so this would fit that time frame. As to making any major changes in the time schedule it wouldn't like like anything major would be happening.

• Like 1

I was on Constellation in May this year and booked a TA on her for March 23-April6 2024.

I looked to see if I could do B2B after that cruise but nothing was on the schedule so I figured it was going to Dry Dock. The crew at Guest Services confirmed that and said the Cabin TV's would be upgraded during that DD.

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Thanks but I was looking for a more ‘official’ list. This one doesn’t even mention Apex. And if what there is, is valid, that’s even more confusing. People are commenting Eclipse needs some updates. But she is scheduled for 2025. Why do Apex first?

This may explain some details 

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The website shows following the TA a 9 night starting on 11/21/24 and then 5 7 N sailings which takes it through the end of December

Here is the link

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-search?sailStartDate=2024-10-01&sailEndDate=2024-12-31&dateToggle=M&ship=AX

Doesn’t track with the article I read. Supposedly this was announced two days ago and passengers were being contacted. Guess we’ll have to see if the article is wrong or the website isn’t current. 

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

No need for an article, here is a thread that was posted earlier that has the Apex cancellation letter:

All the ships that sat in warm layup during Covid and are now back in service are trying to get DD time and the available openings are causing a lot of rescheduling for many ships/cruise lines. 

If you follow the industry some ships are cancelling big chunks of 2024 trips because of DD scheduling.

There must be a lot of unhappy cruiser's getting the "Sorry To Inform You Emails?"

• 8 months later...
On 6/18/2023 at 5:56 PM, phoenix_dream said:

...but does anyone know what the current dry dock schedule is for regular maintenance and such?

Typically ships go into routine drydock maintenance about every 5 years.  Apex was launched in May of 2019, so if she is going into drydock in October of 2024, that would be about right for her first routine drydock.

Edited by leaveitallbehind