Live from NCL Spirit 06/21/23-07/05/23 - Alaska B2B Vancouver to Seward to Vancouver

1 hour ago, www3traveler said:

I send him a note after you posted your picture.  I have not sailed with either Manoel or Hasan in a long time.

I hope you are having a wonderful time minus the weather.  Where I live (about 400 miles South and East of Vancouver, B.C., we are having very hot temperatures.  Will be about 100 on the 4th of July.

Thank you.  Wow, that is warm. My son lives in that general area, too. The weather forecast looks good for us when we are in Ketchikan, possibly the last sea day and when we arrive in Vancouver.

We will be happy with overcast skies, too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

In Henry’s Pub, the bartender we met is Froilan. He is very outgoing, friendly and he makes some great drinks. 

Thank you for replying.  I appreciate it very much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Thank you. Here it is. Have a wonderful cruise! 

IMG_5345.jpeg

Huh. 35+ cruises on NCL and I never knew there was a schedule for gym classes.  I am too busy lifting drinks instead of lifting weights.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

The number of guests on this asking is almost 1800 but was not given an exact number after asking two different guest services representative. 

Number of children under 18 years old is 209. 😳  I think that is more than I expected for a ship with limited kid related programming and no Splash Academy. 

• Like 2

Here is a really neat area in Spinnaker lounge.  I haven’t seen this on other NCL ships.  There are two of these elevated areas with one on each side.  I’m guessing that people probably had these reserved early for Hubbard Glacier and they have usually been taken when we have come up to Spinnaker. 

It’s not foggy tonight.  😀 Just overcast. 

IMG_5362.jpeg

IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5363.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5365.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg

• Like 2

@Seas2mountains I hope you have a great day in Seward tomorrow.  I know it’s one of your favourite ports.  It was cold and quite windy when we were there (and of course I still loved it!)

Doesn't it feel great not to be packing your suitcases tonight? B2B are fabulous!

What is your hubby enjoying most on this cruise?

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tyskie said:

Milky Way and Toasted Almond martinis are good too.  (I'm not sure, they might be a Princess thing - but most good bartenders were able to replicate on NCL)

Pistachio martini 🍸 in Spinnaker. Lavender Patch martini 🍸 in Magnum’s. 

Edited by bluesea777
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Pistachio martini 🍸 in Spinnaker. Lavender Patch martini 🍸 in Magnum’s. 

Oh yes, forgot about the pistachio martini (also as a shot in Vibe) Yum!

Beer shot:  Liquore #43 with cream on top - looks like a mini beer. 

I don't do "shots" but I do like to sip some of them!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tyskie said:

Oh yes, forgot about the pistachio martini (also as a shot in Vibe) Yum!

Beer shot:  Liquore #43 with cream on top - looks like a mini beer. 

I don't do "shots" but I do like to sip some of them!

In Henry’s Pub on Spirit ….

Mini Beer

IMG_4677.thumb.jpeg.2e2a067ce38d309cc0486f52602ec066.jpeg

Duck’s Fart

IMG_4678.thumb.jpeg.0ac2d97794f928b1448379299f3af083.jpeg

IMG_4679.thumb.jpeg.fcc109619ce382967199783a238d5b0b.jpeg

Tip: Don’t ask for shots while there are people playing music/singing!

• Like 1

The mini-beer is my now favorite drink--I sip it.  First discovered it on the Epic TA last April.  Unfortunately, I was on the Epic again in September and December and was not able to get it!!  So happy to see it is available again on some ships--I will try again on the Breakaway in September and the Jade in November.  I like your idea of trying a new drink everyday--I'm going to try it out.  I usually stick to wine as I'm a pretty light drinker, aka a cheap date!  LOL!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

@Seas2mountains I hope you have a great day in Seward tomorrow.  I know it’s one of your favourite ports.  It was cold and quite windy when we were there (and of course I still loved it!)

Doesn't it feel great not to be packing your suitcases tonight? B2B are fabulous!

What is your hubby enjoying most on this cruise?

Thank you. We do love this port! 

Well, we do have to pack our suitcases as we have to switch our room. We booked a balcony guarantee rate in May which was much less than the rate that allowed us to choose our stateroom.  We saved enough to deal with the hassle of packing and switching. At least we get to stay on the ship this morning if we don’t want to get off. We did try a few phone calls to NCL to check into having the same room but it wasn’t possible based on our booking. 

My husband says he loves the time we have together, the cruising experience, the amazing crew, and the unique areas on the Spirit. His other favorite ships are the Jewel, Gem and Sun.  

One more week for you and Dad! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from beautiful Seward. We had a nice evening listening to B12 and watching the silly Battle of the Sexes game show. Most areas seemed quiet as people must have gone back to pack or to go to bed early. 

We are excited for 7 more days. 

Wow, that’s a good amount of drink suggestions!  Thank you! 

Now off to pack to change rooms.  We are on the same deck but change sides. 

IMG_5377.jpeg

IMG_5378.jpeg

• Like 3

I see in the program that the 'Sail and Sustain' cocktail is only available at the Great Outdoors bar.  Do the other bars specialize in certain types of drinks? 

I'm familiar with Magnum's (whiskey), Shaker's (Martinis) and Sugarcane (Mojitos) that they have on some other ships.  On the Jewel ships I was able to get an old fashioned with a proper big ice cube in Magnum's, but no big ice cubes to be found anywhere else.

Also, I think I see Starbucks vending machine's in the photos.  I'm assuming that those are not included in the Starbucks, nor Premium package.  Can anyone confirm that?