brimless_big_1_large.jpg

I keep seeing this...

image.png.fd639a24fe14597fdcf91e3cbdd1042d.png

image.png.89ed9f7ea61d3681ba2c0c663914db31.png

But that is not as aerodynamic 😉

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Haha 11

Ugggggly.  Yep.  But as long as it gets people on board spending money it will an achieve what’s intended.  

IF we ever go on it, it will be just a curiosity cruise or if accompanied by kids/grands.  Otherwise we have absolutely no interest.  Our millennial son is excited for it.

But there are others who would never cruise the small ships either.  Glad there are options.

Edited by cruiselvr04
  • Like 1

For me also would be a cruise out of curiosity , no rush to sail on it yet with the inflated prices .

We settled on Oasis class , after having sailed several of the other classes . 

It would be a one and done for us also . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Wow.  I just checked prices on her.  That’s a firm no. I know every ship is high starting out but those are crazy prices. 

Yep, the prices are absolutely insane! We booked our 3/9/24 Icon cruise the moment they went on sale back in October of 2022. We got 2 rooms (one balcony room on the stern, and one "spacious" interior room). Total for both rooms was around $7,100. I just priced out the same rooms for 3/9/24. Total is a whopping $19,000! Yep, you read that right! $19,232! If anyone wants to give me $19k for my rooms, just give me a shout! They're all yours!

image.thumb.png.3c4233cb56a24983681973ab7092d347.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-20 at 4.26.23 PM.png

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

And we thought Edge class on X was ugly with the orange moving deck.

ya want pretty ships look at NCL as each has different artwork on haul.

I previously referred to that orange thing looking like a freight elevator stuck on the side of that ship.

Icon still wins it though as pure ugly . Just saw a video of it and now i am less inclined to sail on it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mramella said:

Yep, the prices are absolutely insane! We booked our 3/9/24 Icon cruise the moment they went on sale back in October of 2022. We got 2 rooms (one balcony room on the stern, and one "spacious" interior room). Total for both rooms was around $7,100. I just priced out the same rooms for 3/9/24. Total is a whopping $19,000! Yep, you read that right! $19,232! If anyone wants to give me $19k for my rooms, just give me a shout! They're all yours!

I wonder how much business RCI will be cannibalizing from their other ships to fill the Icon?

Will they be able to back-fill the smaller ships as customers forgo two or three cruises a year on smaller ships to pay for one cruise per year on the Icon?

At the prices you quote, it is going to take a large amount of cash to feed this vessel and keep it full: otherwise, they have overestimated their revenue stream which will significantly decrease as the novelty of the first voyages of repeat cruisers wears off.

52 minutes ago, mramella said:

Just last week we scored with our TA for November 24.  Oceanview balcony for $1400/person.  There are deals out there still 😀

I'm super excited about this new ship.  We're going on in around 10 months.  It's different and new, but that's what keeps life exciting. I'm glad they are not just pumping out cookie cutter ships.  This is exciting to see. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

I wonder how much business RCI will be cannibalizing from their other ships to fill the Icon?

Will they be able to back-fill the smaller ships as customers forgo two or three cruises a year on smaller ships to pay for one cruise per year on the Icon?

At the prices you quote, it is going to take a large amount of cash to feed this vessel and keep it full: otherwise, they have overestimated their revenue stream which will significantly decrease as the novelty of the first voyages of repeat cruisers wears off.

I hope you are right with Icon taking customers away from other ships.

Other ships are what i am interested in and hopefully prices will drop on them.

• Like 3

On 6/19/2023 at 11:10 AM, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Sea trial to the UK and stay here please 👍💪😜

No, at least come to Miami so I can have my cruise in January. After that you can have her. I just want to be on her because of my curiosity. Other than that I’m like 99.9999% positive the Icon isn’t for me. Now if the prices were dirt cheap and it’s a time with a lot less kids that might be a different story. Something tells me this won’t ever happen.

6 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I know a lot of people don’t like the colorful ships, but I love the paint jobs on NCL.

9 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

You think Norwegian Prima is looking nice?  She is also a very ugly ship from outside, high and short…

6 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

As always prizes will go down significantly when the new ship hipe is over. To fill a big ship long-term and year round on always same boring itinerary big discounts will be required.

• Like 1