NCL AIR

brer111

1 minute ago, LDL1220 said:

Well, at least they are thorough. 😅

Sometimes one can be too thorough!!  Each time I get another confirmation, I need to compare the

new confirmation line by line with the original confirmation (including checking my purchased seat upgrades with each airline) just to make sure there weren't any changes.  🛫 🛬 🪂 😄

On 8/21/2023 at 7:26 PM, Daniel A said:

I had a few observations.  It seems as if this family are not experienced cruisers.  For a $60K trip, they should have used a reputable travel agent.  That agent should have been able to help them avoid the potential pitfalls.  Not booking a one or two day deviation was the second error.  (Maybe they weren't aware they could do it - a TA should have been able to help with that suggestion.)  And the last error was something many of us may unknowingly make:  Not having enough trip cancellation/interruption coverage.  How many of us truly know if we would have had sufficient coverage if this had happened to us?  I know I'm trusting the insurance agency rather than reading the fine print in my travel insurance policies.

Yes! One big thing to understand is what is a "covered" delay/cancellation when it comes to your flights. I had a flight cancelled because there was no crew for it. Guess what? Not a covered reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Sometimes one can be too thorough!!  Each time I get another confirmation, I need to compare the

new confirmation line by line with the original confirmation (including checking my purchased seat upgrades with each airline) just to make sure there weren't any changes.  🛫 🛬 🪂 😄

Stressful! Vacation is supposed to be relaxing. Hope all goes well. 

On 8/21/2023 at 7:26 PM, Daniel A said:

I had a few observations.  It seems as if this family are not experienced cruisers.  For a $60K trip, they should have used a reputable travel agent.  That agent should have been able to help them avoid the potential pitfalls.  Not booking a one or two day deviation was the second error.  (Maybe they weren't aware they could do it - a TA should have been able to help with that suggestion.)  And the last error was something many of us may unknowingly make:  Not having enough trip cancellation/interruption coverage.  How many of us truly know if we would have had sufficient coverage if this had happened to us?  I know I'm trusting the insurance agency rather than reading the fine print in my travel insurance policies.

In an interview, they indicated they made multiple requests to alter the reservation to include a 1 day deviation and NCL reps insisted it wasn't necessary and that they would be fine.

52 minutes ago, kcatty said:

In an interview, they indicated they made multiple requests to alter the reservation to include a 1 day deviation and NCL reps insisted it wasn't necessary and that they would be fine.

And so they listened to what is nothing more than a reps opinion.  No one including the rep can guarantee it would be fine.  They should have either insisted NCL change it or change it with the airline.

I am sorry, but so many of these poor me stories on the internet are nothing more than people doing a little research and being responsible for themselves.  They make poor decisions and then cry on the internet and look for someone else to blame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kcatty said:

Just to be clear, they couldn't have altered a confirmed air reservation for the following reason:  1- or 2-day deviations may only be requested up to 75 days before embarkation.  The air confirmations come out between 60 to 30 days, so they would only have learned their air reservation details after the deadline for requesting any deviations.  By the time they learned their flight schedule, it was too late, so I would assume that they weren't told it wasn't necessary, it was more probable that they were told it wasn't possible to get a 1-day deviation at that point.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2023 at 6:23 PM, Daniel A said:

Just to be clear, they couldn't have altered a confirmed air reservation for the following reason:  1- or 2-day deviations may only be requested up to 75 days before embarkation.  The air confirmations come out between 60 to 30 days, so they would only have learned their air reservation details after the deadline for requesting any deviations.  By the time they learned their flight schedule, it was too late, so I would assume that they weren't told it wasn't necessary, it was more probable that they were told it wasn't possible to get a 1-day deviation at that point.

If so, if I were them, I would have booked my own flights 2 days prior and take the loss which would be substantially less than losing an entire vacation.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

If so, if I were them, I would have booked my own flights 2 days prior and take the loss which would be substantially less than losing an entire vacation.  

Exactly!  And to make their mistakes even more ironic is that they probably had to book and pay for separate flights back home after missing their cruise and land tour.  They probably needed to pay for a hotel in Seattle as well.  They could have done all of this pre-cruise and still had a nice Alaska vacation.

• Like 2

Has anyone here used NCL Air and sailed with another couple (booking made at the same time) and managed to have flights together. We are all flying out of the same airport but was told we cannot be guaranteed flights together. I would love to book our own flight but it's not financially feasible for my kids especially. 

2 hours ago, LDL1220 said:

Has anyone here used NCL Air and sailed with another couple (booking made at the same time) and managed to have flights together. We are all flying out of the same airport but was told we cannot be guaranteed flights together. I would love to book our own flight but it's not financially feasible for my kids especially. 

not me but i know a couple with two teens booked in two cabins with linked reservations -  One family, different airlines, different flight times. no recourse except to forfeit NCL air, and pay again for self booked flights.

We have 3 couples, 3 different reservations,  going out of San Juan on Feb 11 2024. We are getting the buy one get one offer on the air.  I'm wondering how well the cruise line is with getting all 6 people on the same flight, flying out of the same airport, IAD.

38 minutes ago, picruiser said:

We have 3 couples, 3 different reservations,  going out of San Juan on Feb 11 2024. We are getting the buy one get one offer on the air.  I'm wondering how well the cruise line is with getting all 6 people on the same flight, flying out of the same airport, IAD.

I was told do not count on it. I just posted above asking about experiences. My NCL rep told me if that was important that I should consider booking my own air. I don't have to fly with my adult son and DIL but it sure would be nice. 

19 minutes ago, dianeksfun said:

We just got our flights for our Oct 2 cruise out of Quebec.  Our friends who are on the cruise too also got their flights.  We leave out of Cincinnati & will be flying together on the same flights.

Good for you!! Fingers crossed for that! Are you happy with your flights?

Just yesterday received my flights, 46 days before my cruise.  We leave Birmingham, AL Tuesday Oct 10th at 3pm, 1 stop in Houston, 3 hour layover, and arrive at Heathrow Wednesday at 11:30am. Our cruise leaves on Oct 12.  I asked for that deviation. We depart Heathrow at 11:45 on the 22nd, 1 stop in Atlanta, 2 1/2 hour layover, and arrive in Birmingham at 6:30pm on Virgin Atlantic. We have transportation from NCL from the ship to Heathrow on our return. Now I have to plan Heathrow to Southampton and lodging the night of the 11th. I don't know how we could have gotten a better itinerary.

• Like 1

We just got our flights to Rome for October 13th cruise (all through Delta Airlines). We are cruising with 2 other couples and all 6 of us are luckily booked on the same flights there and back! We were able to pick seats after receiving our email confirmation however were unable to upgrade our seats to basic economy even though they are available for a cost - our airline ticket restricted us from upgrading we found out after attempting multiple times to upgrade and pay for them. We are super happy with our flights - 1 layover in JFK in NY on the way there and back with layovers between 2.5 - 3 hours each. We arrive in Rome at 10:20am 2 days before the cruise!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KCfromMontana said:

We just got our flights to Rome for October 13th cruise (all through Delta Airlines). We are cruising with 2 other couples and all 6 of us are luckily booked on the same flights there and back! We were able to pick seats after receiving our email confirmation however were unable to upgrade our seats to basic economy even though they are available for a cost - our airline ticket restricted us from upgrading we found out after attempting multiple times to upgrade and pay for them. We are super happy with our flights - 1 layover in JFK in NY on the way there and back with layovers between 2.5 - 3 hours each. We arrive in Rome at 10:20am 2 days before the cruise!

So, it sounds like you will be flying direct from JFK to Rome.  It's interesting that our Rome flights originate from JFK but we have a 2 hour layover in Iceland!  Go figure.  🤷‍♂️ It's not a problem, just interesting...

Received our flights yesterday with 54 days to go. No direct flights exist so a single connection is great!

Halifax - Toronto - Lisbon

Barcelona - Montreal - Halifax

All on Air Canada. Connection a bit tight in Toronto 1hr 17 min so fingers crossed no issues arise.

So far, so pleased.

Edited by Adventures ahead
typo

11 hours ago, Daniel A said:

This is amazing!  I just now got my 9th NCL Air Confirmation Letter with the exact same information as the others.  

I'll be interested in how many we receive. We're at two, but the cruise is more than 80 days away. I guess I should expect at least half a dozen more I need to comb through to be sure nothing has changed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'll be interested in how many we receive. We're at two, but the cruise is more than 80 days away. I guess I should expect at least half a dozen more I need to comb through to be sure nothing has changed.

I got my first at 60 days out.  Even my TA wants to know why I'm getting so many.  I just hope they stop after this cruise!🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3