Allure - Sabors lunch

I noticed in my cruise planner there is a place to make reservations to eat at Sabor’s for dinner, but not for lunch.  Is Sabor’s open for lunch and if so, do you have to make a reservation for that also?  

9 hours ago, slyster said:

Is Sabor’s open for lunch and if so, do you have to make a reservation for that also?  

The app should list the operating hours (and any reservations needed) of all dining venues - look at the current sailing.

I didn’t think of the app.  It seems they are opened for lunch on sea days only.  I only see reservations in the app for dinner on my particular cruise. 

Does anyone know if reservations are needed for lunch?

21 minutes ago, slyster said:

I didn’t think of the app.  It seems they are opened for lunch on sea days only.  I only see reservations in the app for dinner on my particular cruise. 

Since they are only open sea days and those with the UDP will be grabbing times for lunch and dinner. And booking ahead is a slight discount, nothing to lose by booking ahead. Plus if booked with OBC easy to cancel and immediate refund. Plus all the ones I've book the price went up so I have a locked in price. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Since they are only open sea days and those with the UDP will be grabbing times for lunch and dinner. And booking ahead is a slight discount, nothing to lose by booking ahead. Plus if booked with OBC easy to cancel and immediate refund. Plus all the ones I've book the price went up so I have a locked in price. 

Ok. I don’t see lunch reservations being available. That’s why I wondered if we needed reservations.  I’ll keep an eye out though.  We are over two months away.  

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

We ate there for lunch in April.  You should be able to just walk up if you do not find a place to make a reservation.  They did not seem that busy on embarkation.

I agree about sabors it is just not that popular.

I was just saying in general it's good to have a reservation for most meals if I want to eat at a particular time.

Sabors isnt a big draw on allure from what I saw either.

Was on Allure two weeks ago and Sabor was a ghost town for lunch and dinner... 

Shouldn't be hard to walk up and get a table...

Guess you could be looking at potential discount by pre-purchasing it in the cruise planner vs. on-board rate...

On Liberty last month menu was the same for lunch and dinner. 

We went once for lunch, once for dinner as we had UDP. In all honesty I could have skipped it, it just wasn't very good..

• Thanks 1

Okay, thanks for the feedback and the reviews LOL.  I'll probably save the money.  We will see.  I won't make a reservation, but if they are open when I walk by, maybe I'll chance it.  LOL

Edited by slyster

Menu is same for lunch and dinner and cost is the same.   You can make reservations for any time open.   I really like Sabor.   The grilled fish is amazing.   And I love the habanero cucumber margaritas.  It's a lot of food, so I usually do for dinner.

On 6/21/2023 at 7:03 AM, slyster said:

Not in the past.  We did Sabor last year for lunch and it wasn’t that busy and no reservations required.   I wouldn’t worry too much, I’m sure tables will be available.  

Sabor gets criticized a lot, but we enjoy the location for lunch since it is outdoors.   Nice vibe on the boardwalk and a just nice place to enjoy a lunch.  The food is fine.  Not anything that special, but I thought it was good.  Definitely worth a try if on the UDP.  

Edited by topnole