Azamara Air

smj

Terrible, unfortunately.  I looked at air for a November cruise, and the fares were really high.  My TA managed to negotiate the AZ air department and got us flights that were almost half of what I could get elsewhere.  Good flights too on AC.  So we booked that and got the airline confirmation code.  Checked on it recently and the air booking with AC has disappeared.  No one knows why.  AZ blames AC but who knows.

Now in the process of trying to get flights again, but the cost is going to be significantly higher.

We had flights through Azamara (made by our TA) and the flights were very good.  Yes, they were not cheap, but when I was looking for flights the costs seemed to go up every time I looked, so the AZ flights were cheaper.

16 hours ago, wcc19 said:

Terrible, unfortunately.  I looked at air for a November cruise, and the fares were really high.  My TA managed to negotiate the AZ air department and got us flights that were almost half of what I could get elsewhere.  Good flights too on AC.  So we booked that and got the airline confirmation code.  Checked on it recently and the air booking with AC has disappeared.  No one knows why.  AZ blames AC but who knows.

Now in the process of trying to get flights again, but the cost is going to be significantly higher.

Might not be relevant but we booked our own flights from the U.K. to Fort Lauderdale with Air Canada, by pure chance I found out that AC had cancelled one of our outbound flights and rescheduled it with a totally unsuitable flight and down graded us with no refund. Fortunately I was able to cancel and replace with Virgin Atlantic/Delta flights but it was considerably more expensive. So in our experience AC has history in making changes and not notifying passengers.

3 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

We had flights through Azamara (made by our TA) and the flights were very good.  Yes, they were not cheap, but when I was looking for flights the costs seemed to go up every time I looked, so the AZ flights were cheaper.

Yes, our flights were through Azamara, made by our TA, and were very good and were cheaper.  So we were very satisfied with that, and were shocked when that arrangement was cancelled.

We are being told that AC cancelled our flights because they were not paid in time by Azamara.

5 hours ago, Riocca said:

Might not be relevant but we booked our own flights from the U.K. to Fort Lauderdale with Air Canada, by pure chance I found out that AC had cancelled one of our outbound flights and rescheduled it with a totally unsuitable flight and down graded us with no refund. Fortunately I was able to cancel and replace with Virgin Atlantic/Delta flights but it was considerably more expensive. So in our experience AC has history in making changes and not notifying passengers.

Unfortunately AC’s reputation has taken a hit recently. Specifically in the problem you encountered and also in terms of handling luggage.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nordski said:

Unfortunately AC’s reputation has taken a hit recently. Specifically in the problem you encountered and also in terms of handling luggage.

Sounds like we dodged the bullet then, on a positive note we did get refunded within 7 days.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2023 at 10:46 AM, silkismom said:

I booked our air thru ChoiceAir back in Feb. Our outbound flts on UA show ticketed, but return ticket with different booking locator show in UA website but don't show ticketed. Should I be worried?

You should definitely be concerned IMO.  Make sure everything shows correctly.  My air problem only became evident when I found something amiss and raised the alarm.

16 hours ago, silkismom said:

I reached out to my TA and after being on hold for 2 hr, Azamara "Air" didn't see it ticketed either and will check into it and get back to her within 2 weeks. Her calendar is marked to start yelling at them.

When are you traveling?

We are on the Wine & Culture cruise in early Sept. We have ticket numbers to get to LHR, it's getting home from Lisbon is the problem. We could stay there awhile longer, but our kitty sitter (and kitties) would be very upset.

On 6/25/2023 at 10:46 AM, silkismom said:

I booked our air thru ChoiceAir back in Feb. Our outbound flts on UA show ticketed, but return ticket with different booking locator show in UA website but don't show ticketed. Should I be worried?

It's not unusual for flights not to be ticketed.  They most likely created two separate bookings as sometimes it's cheaper than a round trip or open jaw ticket.  If they happen to have bulk air on the return flight, you may not be ticketed until 30 days before the flight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our returning home flts from LIS in Sept haven't been ticketed yet (booked with ChoiceAir in Feb), the outbound was ticketed in Feb---*****. TA called again and they said would be ticketed at 30 days, doesn't make any sense to me.

You Guys and Gals are probably ahead of me on this, but the best website I have found to compare the cost of flights is Google Flights: https://www.google.com/travel/flights (basically the same platform as ITA). For our upcoming Nov Land Journey to Morocco and Lisbon followed by a TA aboard "ONWARD", I compared the cost of business class airfare quoted by my TA to what I could get on my own and was surprised it was cheaper to book through my TA. A collateral benefit by booking through my TA is the cost of the airfare was incorporated into our travel insurance purchased through our TA. 

o  

• Like 1

I booked my Azamara cruise with my online TA, which include air, hotels, transfers,etc.  wondering when Azamara books air.  Can we wait until I see flights before deciding to us their air plus for upgrading flights. Haven’t been on Azamara since 2008, which we also traveled on an inclusive package. Thanks

4 hours ago, eggcream3 said:

Azamara Air (Choice Air b Azamara) NO LONGER Exists!!!! Found out the hard way when I needed a change in reservations due to a medical emergency

They switched over to GMT air. It didn’t go smoothly, so they are handling manually.

This is what I was a given for access to the Azamara Global Marine Emergency Travel Team — 24/7
(954) 687-1074

4 hours ago, Traveling Fools said:

I attempted to access GMT's website with no success.  It is restricted to Travel Agencies.

This doesn’t surprise me at all. Even my cruise agent had to have Azamara rep send a ticket to GMT to force our air to be ticketed. It’s a very inefficient & convoluted process!
Jane