Prima Meh

Shynook11

Like many others we did have many issues with the June 4 sailing on the Prima.  I can forgive 99% and not let it ruin the wonderful ports.  It is simply a ship unlike the other NCLs we love. The layout, small venues, sorely lacking entertainment /activities, small buffet area, limited seating to listen to music were deal breakers for this particular ship in the future.

What I cannot forgive, is we had a massive noise issue in our cabin and the lack of any adequate resolution is the most frustrating.    Our cabin was located directly under the Surfside Cafe and had the misfortune to be under the small area where the high top seats are on tile.  Most of the cafe is carpeted.  From 6am -10PM every single day we documented constant dragging of chairs in our cabin and on the balcony.   We videoed multiple days of proof of this and presented to GS, who were apologetic but did nothing.   This unfortunately left us unable to sleep or enjoy the cabin during the day.   I went to guest services every single day for the 11 day cruise to document.  There was nothing to be done as the ship was full and could not offer a cabin switch until the second to last day.  This is a design flaw in the ship...nothing can stop the grating sliding high top chairs in the buffet, except carpet.    GS promised to provide all the documentation to me on the last night of the cruise to our cabin so I would have proof to escalate with NCL off ship.  They did not, and once off the ship I called NCL and they said there was no way to retrieve the information on the issues.   I spent hours waiting over 11 days at GS for a resolution.  I have filed with NCL a case but do not really have faith that anything will come of it.   16K for a cruise that had a beautiful cabin with unacceptable noise is certainly not what we paid for.   

isafjodour:    We were not notified until in our cabin on embarkation day of the port change.  This should have been notified to us earlier as it seems an ongoing port issue.  We were left scrambling to get a refund on our non-ncl excursion.

We are seasoned cruisers with NCL, Carnival, Royal and Princess.  Would not sail on Prima or the sister ship Viva in future, venues tiny, not enough to do on board on sea days.  Thank goodness we bought the thermal passes, though don't love there is a 20% gratuity now added.   Thermal suite offers no personalized service, so I do not feel that is warranted, especially since they upped the price to 349.00.

Also dislike that NCL offers only 2 nights of specialty dining for 11 night +  in their package.   I feel that should be tiered based on length of voyage.  IMHO

Not sure how the Prima can service warm weather itineraries and the pool area  & lounge chair seating is almost non-existent

They gave each cabin 200 on board credit and a future 20% off  for the embarkation failure, closure of the observation area for Park West entire cruise, and itinerary changes.    Still waiting to hear back from NCL....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Shynook11 said:

Like many others we did have many issues with the June 4 sailing on the Prima.  I can forgive 99% and not let it ruin the wonderful ports.  It is simply a ship unlike the other NCLs we love. The layout, small venues, sorely lacking entertainment /activities, small buffet area, limited seating to listen to music were deal breakers for this particular ship in the future.

What I cannot forgive, is we had a massive noise issue in our cabin and the lack of any adequate resolution is the most frustrating.    Our cabin was located directly under the Surfside Cafe and had the misfortune to be under the small area where the high top seats are on tile.  Most of the cafe is carpeted.  From 6am -10PM every single day we documented constant dragging of chairs in our cabin and on the balcony.   We videoed multiple days of proof of this and presented to GS, who were apologetic but did nothing.   This unfortunately left us unable to sleep or enjoy the cabin during the day.   I went to guest services every single day for the 11 day cruise to document.  There was nothing to be done as the ship was full and could not offer a cabin switch until the second to last day.  This is a design flaw in the ship...nothing can stop the grating sliding high top chairs in the buffet, except carpet.    GS promised to provide all the documentation to me on the last night of the cruise to our cabin so I would have proof to escalate with NCL off ship.  They did not, and once off the ship I called NCL and they said there was no way to retrieve the information on the issues.   I spent hours waiting over 11 days at GS for a resolution.  I have filed with NCL a case but do not really have faith that anything will come of it.   16K for a cruise that had a beautiful cabin with unacceptable noise is certainly not what we paid for.   

isafjodour:    We were not notified until in our cabin on embarkation day of the port change.  This should have been notified to us earlier as it seems an ongoing port issue.  We were left scrambling to get a refund on our non-ncl excursion.

We are seasoned cruisers with NCL, Carnival, Royal and Princess.  Would not sail on Prima or the sister ship Viva in future, venues tiny, not enough to do on board on sea days.  Thank goodness we bought the thermal passes, though don't love there is a 20% gratuity now added.   Thermal suite offers no personalized service, so I do not feel that is warranted, especially since they upped the price to 349.00.

Also dislike that NCL offers only 2 nights of specialty dining for 11 night +  in their package.   I feel that should be tiered based on length of voyage.  IMHO

Not sure how the Prima can service warm weather itineraries as the pool area  & lounge chair seating is almost non-existent

They gave each cabin 200 on board credit and a future 20% off  for the embarkation failure, closure of the observation area for Park West entire cruise, and itinerary changes.    Still waiting to hear back from NCL....

12 minutes ago, Shynook11 said:

This is a design flaw in the ship...nothing can stop the grating sliding high top chairs in the buffet, except carpet

Could NCL put some of these...

15458618.jpg?size=mpdhi

...on the bottom of the chair legs?

21 minutes ago, Shynook11 said:

It is tiered. 12 nights gets 3SDP for balcony and above. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Could NCL put some of these...

15458618.jpg?size=mpdhi

...on the bottom of the chair legs?

It is tiered. 12 nights gets 3SDP for balcony and above. 

I guess they could try...but no idea why 75% is carpeted and the small center section is not.  Probably due to the high tops and the bar stool type chairs not gliding on carpet

12 minutes ago, jtrollin said:

I got 3 nights of dining in my 10 day cruise in two weeks on the Prima, not sure why you only got 2?

It depends on when booked. Stateroom type also later became a factor.  

It used to be one meal for 3 to 5 nights.

Two meals for 6 to 8 nights.

Three meals for 9 to 10 nights.

Four meals for 11 to 14 nights.

Five meals for 15+ nights.

The OP must have booked after the reduction.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

It depends on when booked. Stateroom type also later became a factor.  

It used to be one meal for 3 to 5 nights.

Two meals for 6 to 8 nights.

Three meals for 9 to 10 nights.

Four meals for 11 to 14 nights.

Five meals for 15+ nights.

The OP must have booked after the reduction.

we booked a year ago.... balcony.  Only 2.

1 hour ago, Shynook11 said:

limited seating to listen to music

Not sure what this means. No ship sailing for any line has unlimited seating for anything. All seating/venues are limited.

We videoed multiple days of proof of this and presented to GS, who were apologetic but did nothing. 

They apologized. IOW they did SOMETHING. What exactly were you expecting?

I spent hours waiting over 11 days at GS for a resolution.

Why? You said there were no alternate cabins. You have to realize that they can't change the flooring mid-cruise. What did you think that 11 days of complaining would do that one would not? What specific resolution were you looking for?

Except that it is tiered. Both by length of cruise and by cabin type.

image.jpeg.de786cc626c0bcb3087ab2476c4c23a2.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The reduction came Jan. 18, 2022. 

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

3 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Sad.    Ncl was always our favorite for the dining perks.   We don't do on board excursions or get enough use for drink package.   

2 minutes ago, Agent999 said:

Not sure what this means. No ship sailing for any line has unlimited seating for anything. All seating/venues are limited.

They apologized. IOW they did SOMETHING. What exactly were you expecting?

Why? You said there were no alternate cabins. You have to realize that they can't change the flooring mid-cruise. What did you think that 11 days of complaining would do that one would not? What specific resolution were you looking for?

Except that it is tiered. Both by length of cruise and by cabin type.

image.jpeg.de786cc626c0bcb3087ab2476c4c23a2.jpeg

Just now, Shynook11 said:

I would expect a cruise credit or partial refund.  Not a lot....but something for the 11 days of unnecessary frustration.   We have never had an issue on any cruise even remotely like this.   Had they followed up as they were supposed to do onboard and provide me with the paperwork documenting the problems, it would have been better.  Limited seating....just you wait until you are aboard.  This ship is something else entirely with regards to the venues vs passenger capacity.  You can read about it in almost every review.  Same problems.

1 minute ago, Shynook11 said:

2 minutes ago, Shynook11 said:

8 minutes ago, uneamie said:

I am not familier with that cabin....were you in the  Haven? You mentioned you paid 16K for your cruise so that could only be in the Haven. 

Family Balcony, not Haven, but the Prima balconies are very nice. If they paid for a 3rd and 4th in the cabin, I suppose they could hit the $16k on an 11-day.

Regardless, if they had just chosen starboard instead of port, they would have been under Palomar, which would have been a completely different experience.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shynook11 said:

Not sure how the Prima can service warm weather itineraries and the pool area  & lounge chair seating is almost non-existent

Hey, I was also on this cruise and was very unhappy about the Observation Lounge closure. I was in touch with corporate while on the ship. 

We also experienced the same re: scrambling to get a refund of our private shorex for Isafjordur. I am continuing to press NCL corporate about the shady practice of continuing to sell Isafjordur as a stop up to embarkation when they already know they’re going to cancel. 

Did you get your 20% FCC from NCL yet? Ours hasn’t appeared in our account. 

7 hours ago, RoundGuy2771 said:

Family Balcony, not Haven, but the Prima balconies are very nice. If they paid for a 3rd and 4th in the cabin, I suppose they could hit the $16k on an 11-day.

Regardless, if they had just chosen starboard instead of port, they would have been under Palomar, which would have been a completely different experience.

Welcome to CC. 

14 hours ago, uneamie said:

I am not familier with that cabin....were you in the  Haven? You mentioned you paid 16K for your cruise so that could only be in the Haven. 

Not in the Haven  16K was total cost with air for four.

• Like 1